Home Forums Music 2021/2022 Best New Artist Predictions

2021/2022 Best New Artist Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 210 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
Darren
nxddyfs
  • Profile picture
    JulianLeiva
    Topics:

Dumb question, would Kali Uchis be elegible for this category?, I mean she won last year for Best Dance Recording and was nominated for Best R&B Song a couple of years ago but both were features and now with her second album I think she would qualify as a breakthrough artist, she could also get nominated in one of the album categories for latin music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Grammy winners are not eligible. We had this discussion repeatedly last year in regards to Roddy Ricch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

BEST NEW ARTIST

NOT ELIGIBLE
    • Any artist who had achieved a breakthrough in a prior eligibility year.

• Any artist with a previous GRAMMY nomination as a performer, including a nomination as an established member of a nominated group.
    Exception: If an artist is nominated (but does not win) for the release of a single or as a featured artist or collaborator on a compilation or another artist’s album before the artist has released at least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this Category for the first time), the artist may enter this Category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s fifth single/track or first album is released.

• An artist with a previous songwriting GRAMMY nomination, if the nominated song had gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist.
    Exception: If an artist received the nomination (but does not win) for writing a song that had gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist before the artist has released at least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this Category for the first time), the artist may enter this Category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s fifth single/track or first album is released.

• Collaborations involving two or more individuals who are not an established group.

• Artists who have been credited only as featured artists.

• Choirs, choruses and large band ensembles (16 or more members).

• Non-music-performing video performers (e.g., dancers, actors).

• Musical craftspeople (songwriters, engineers, producers, art directors, remixers, notes writers, etc.).

• Any person active in public life whose entered recording was not intended to be the subject of a commercial release.

• A group carrying on the name and tradition of a previous group that would be ineligible due to number of recordings or prior breakthrough, even if the personnel changes.

• A group that would be ineligible due to number of recordings or prior breakthrough, even if it changes its name.

* NOTE: The word “artist” is used inclusively to signify performing solo artists as well as established performing duos and groups.

https://www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/rulesandguidelines_2021_update_7.08.pdf

Kali Uchis would have been ineligible as early as the 2020 Grammys due to her first album being released the previous year when she was already a previous nominee. Her Grammy win – which would be disqualifying regardless of the amount of material she’s released as a lead artist – seals the deal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo
    Saweetie
    Polo G
    The Kid LAROI
    Måneskin
    Gabby Barrett
    Morgan Wallen
    Bo Burnham

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Morgan ‘Racist’ Wallen (BARF!) is NOT happening in Best New Artist.  That would NOT be a good look.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Get real! Morgan ‘Racist’ Wallen (BARF!) is NOT happening in Best New Artist. That would NOT be a good look.

Neither was nominating Dr Luke in 2021 but that never stopped them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo
    Saweetie
    Polo G
    The Kid LAROI
    Måneskin
    Gabby Barrett
    Morgan Wallen
    Bo Burnham

Is Burnham even eligible for BNA?

Now that it’s just a straight popular vote, I can definitely Inside getting GF love. It’s yet to leave the Billboard Top Ten after nearly months which is hella impressive considering the type of music it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Highly doubt Burnham will get past the screening panel

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

How I see it:

Locks
    Olivia Rodrigo
    The Kid Laroi

Safe bets
    Ava Max
    Maneskin
    Gabby Barrett
    Polo G

Possibilities
    Saweetie
    Clairo
    Conan Gray
    Jimmie Allen
    Celeste
    Arlo Parks
    Amethyst Khia
    Allison Russell
    Tate McRae
    24k Goldn

Longshots
    Tenille Arts
    Madison Beer

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

https://www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/rulesandguidelines_2021_update_7.08.pdf

Kali Uchis would have been ineligible as early as the 2020 Grammys due to her first album being released the previous year when she was already a previous nominee. Her Grammy win – which would be disqualifying regardless of the amount of material she’s released as a lead artist – seals the deal.

This also means finneas isn’t eligible, the only person who would be competition for Olivia.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

This also means finneas isn’t eligible, the only person who would be competition for Olivia.

No. He is eligible since he hasn’t been nominated as a performer or for a song of his own.

FYC - Lil Nas X

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

It’s a shame that both Giveon & Kali Uchis have both been nominated before (and won, in Kali’s case!) – they’ve both had breakthrough years with huge hits (Heartbreak Anniversary & Telepatia). If it wasn’t for the previous noms, they’d both be a sure lock in for BNA.

Another one is Snoh Aalegra. Would love to see her nominated but she’s been in the industry for years now & has dropped multiple projects. Hopefully she gets recognised in R&B categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

No. He is eligible since he hasn’t been nominated as a performer or for a song of his own.

The post above said musical craftspeople aren’t eligible and since finneas is one, I’m assuming he is no longer eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The post above said musical craftspeople aren’t eligible and since finneas is one, I’m assuming he is no longer eligible.

He is though. He was submitted last year so I’m not sure what would change lol

FYC - Lil Nas X

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Finneas is eligible and could be nominated since there is no committee to block him. I do think he reached the top 20 last year but got blocked (rightfully so)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 210 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.