Home Forums Music 2021/2022 Best New Artist Predictions

2021/2022 Best New Artist Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 242 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Darren
nxddyfs
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

EXACTLY. I was thinking that. Until she has like what Megan had with Savage Remix (a big breakthrough song & having Beyoncé was a plus to help her too) I could see Saweetie making it in but isn’t this like her 3 or 4th time submitting for BNA ?

Possibly 3rd. But that doesn’t matter anymore. As it relates to the Grammys. She’s yet to release a debut album so until then she’s eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Idk how Dawn Richards is eligible..wouldn’t that make Normani eligible? I’m gonna guess it’s because Dawn hasn’t had a huge breakout year and some could say Normani had a huge year in 2019 with Dancing with a Stranger and motivation.

Anyway idk why Tems isn’t a topic of discussion in BNA. She had a huge year. Collaborating with Drake on CLB, which could give her an AOTY nom. And featuring on essence by Wizkid with Justin Bieber on the remix. She’s bound to be nominated for both or one of those projects so why isn’t she apart of the discussion here?

Because afrobeats isn’t that popular yet but she’s definitely my best new artist this year. In a perfect world she would be in because her EPs are amazing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

With confirmation that Finneas is on this year’s ballot again and no committee to block him, I think it’s safe to say he’s locked for a nomination. And while Olivia is probably still safe to win, he should still be considered a dark horse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

With Finneas in play I have a feeling this will be an Esperanza Spaulding type of year. I truly think she won that year because of vote splitting. And I think there’s definitely gonna be some vote splitting between Olivia, TKL, and Finneas.

Grammys FYC:

Normani ft Cardi B - Wild Side (ROTY, Best Music Video, R&B Song/Performance)

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales(R&B Album)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Are the Grammys really gonna nominate YoungBoy NBA and Blackpink?

Probably not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

With Finneas in play I have a feeling this will be an Esperanza Spaulding type of year. I truly think she won that year because of vote splitting. And I think there’s definitely gonna be some vote splitting between Olivia, TKL, and Finneas.

Arlo Parks coming for that win! Yes, I’m a dreamer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I feel like Finneas could be a surprise and if nominated i fear for Olivia’s chances of winning. After sweeping and winning back-to-back ROTY, i just think that Finneas will come with loads of support and probably a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

After reading the Billboard article:

-Olivia Rodrigo
    -The Kid LAROI
    -Arlo Parks
    -Gabby Barrett
    -Måneskin
    -Finneas
    -Celeste
    -Saweetie

(Possibles: Jimmie Allen, Ava Max, Tate McRae, Rina Sawayama, Girl in Red, Yung Bleu)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo in Best New Artist should be a complete lock. Finneas being considered for this is a joke in itself, and I’m sure if he makes it through, voters will see that he’s been honored way too many times to be considered “new” in any situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Finneas still trying it. He’s so greedy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Honestly, if Finneas wins it will be the biggest shit show. imagine having already 9 grammys but your 10th one is Best New Artist because you were still eligible under the rules lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CoolSonic
    Topics:

Finneas has been awarded many Grammys already, we do not need to reward him BNA. If he should be awarded a solo Grammy, I’d prefer him winning Producer of the Year, Non-Classical instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo is winning Best New Artist whether FINNEAS receives a nomination or not. SOUR was too undeniable for voters to ignore her in that category. She’s the biggest lock of 2021. I can’t see anyone reasonably beating her. Not even a previous 6-time winner. Why is he even eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

My current BNA predictions:

Gabby Barrett
    Finneas
    Glass Animals
    The Kid Laroi
    Måneskin
    Polo G
    Olivia Rodrigo
    Saweetie

Alternates – Celeste, Girl in Red, Ryan Hurd, Ava Max, Tate McRae, Niko Moon, Arlo Parks, Rina Sawayama

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I think that voters will do the general field last, so those that will be nominated in BNA are going to include anyone they voted for in genre categories.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.