Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 488 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Cardi B
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 2 is now open.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I have no idea why anyone is expecting Chemtrails in PVA. NFR, which was 10x more buzzed about and came out during the perfect time, failed to beat The Gift and No. 6 Collaborations Project.

I could easily see it get into AOTY though.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

the person on the other thread about evermore being the frontrunner for pop album?? have u not learned ANYTHING from what happened last sunday. taylor is most likely never again winning another award in the pop categories. as long as she’s against gaga, ariana or beyonce it’s never happening. positions is 10x more likely to win against evermore, and not to mention there’s months left until new and better releases that will come along and become the actual frontrunner. taylor will get nominated i don’t doubt that. she has enough support from pop voters to be nominated but she will never win anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Get real!  Lana Del Rey is NOT a threat in Best Pop Vocal Album.  Pure delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

taylor will get nominated i don’t doubt that.

True that. She is getting nominated. However the win is going to be between evermore and positions for now. If evermore get nominated and loses again, Taylor Swift will lose BPVA for the fourth time continuously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

Get real! Lana Del Rey is NOT a thread in Best Pop Vocal Album. Pure delusion.

Do you ever say anything good about anyone?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

If evermore get nominated and loses again, Taylor Swift will lose BPVA for the fourth time continuously.

Well yes but thats not a reason for her to win lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

I think billie will release her album soon..if so she will be a major contendor ad frontrunner for bpva

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

True that. She is getting nominated. However the win is going to be between evermore and positions for now. If evermore get nominated and loses again, Taylor Swift will lose BPVA for the fourth time continuously.

i understand u guys are all mentioning the two to have some kind of conversation but i can literally bet my life savings neither positions or evermore will walk away with pop vocal album next year. evermore won’t win bc taylor isn’t loved by pop voters. positions won’t win bc although its a hit album, it doesn’t have anything else that would entice pop voters to pull for it, there won’t be any passion. there will easily be a strong frontrunner that’ll emerge by august. not to mention billie will be releasing her album soon and regardless of what critics say about it, it will be ahead of both taylor and ariana.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

I think Nick could come in Pop categories with Spaceman. Billie, I think will not be sweeping again. She lost BPSP to Watermelon Sugar. She is not sweeping again. She is a wonderful artist but she needs to bring a new element. If she brings in more songs like Therefore I am then she’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

She is getting nominated.

What reason is there to be confident about this?

Ultraviolence missed. Norman Rockwell missed. Honeymoon missed. Born To Die missed. Pop voters snub Lana all the time and I don’t see why they’d have to nominate Chemtrails.

And even just looking at her competition, it becomes even harder for her. Taylor Ariana and Justin have already dropped. I guarantee that all of them are getting nominated before Lana. Billie was shooting her album cover this week so she’s probably dropping soon. That leaves 4 people already ahead of her in a lineup which typically consists of 5 people. There’s no real reason to be sure about her getting nominated

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Lana isn’t going to get a Pop Vocal nom just because of Metacritic, especially not with an early release. That category is where namechecks soar and she isn’t one of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, Nick Jonas is NOT happening in Pop categories.  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

What reason is there to be confident about this? Ultraviolence missed. Norman Rockwell missed. Honeymoon missed. Born To Die missed. Pop voters snub Lana all the time and I don’t see why they’d have to nominate Chemtrails. And even just looking at her competition, it becomes even harder for her. Taylor Ariana and Justin have already dropped. I guarantee that all of them are getting nominated before Lana. Billie was shooting her album cover this week so she’s probably dropping soon. That leaves 4 people already ahead of her in a lineup which typically consists of 5 people. There’s no real reason to be sure about her getting nominated

I was talking about evermore in that post. But I do think that COTCC is Lana’s era. NFR! got snubbed hard just like Melodrama but COTCC has to happen for her

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

It just hit me that there’s only 5 months left of eligibility period.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 488 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.