Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 507 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Cardi
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I love how Golderby underestimates Gaga and then just totally overestimates her the next year. Rain On Me was a #1 acclaimed hit between two artists very liked by the pop voters. It was probably never going to lose to an album track, or Bieber or BTS. But that doesn’t mean that Gaga will somehow get nominated and win with a Tony Bennett track. I honestly highly doubt that it’ll even be nominated. Gucci hype will probably start after the voting period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

3 years ago I would’ve said Lil Nas X had no chance at getting nominated in the Pop field, however since then I’ve seen artists like Doja Cat, Lizzo, Post Malone and Lil Nas X himself get nominated despite being more R&B or Rap (or Country in Lil Nas X’s case). The Pop field has become a lot less strict on what they consider Pop, so at this point if a good song or album is submitted to Pop it has a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I love how Golderby underestimates Gaga and then just totally overestimates her the next year. Rain On Me was a #1 acclaimed hit between two artists very liked by the pop voters. It was probably never going to lose to an album track, or Bieber or BTS. But that doesn’t mean that Gaga will somehow get nominated and win with a Tony Bennett track. I honestly highly doubt that it’ll even be nominated. Gucci hype will probably start after the voting period.

As much as I love Gaga, the hype isn’t coming from her. The upcoming collaboration with Tony Bennett could very possibly be his last album. He is a huge Grammys favorite and if they see a chance to recognize him on his last album, and unfortunately maybe even posthumously, it wouldn’t be crazy for them to get a lot of nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I’m finding everything so underwhelming so far… will wait for more releases to make a prediction. But I guess Ariana and Olivia are safe for BPSP and I hope Lil Nas gets a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Lol y’all find every year underwhelming.

Last year we had After Hours, Fine Line, Future Nostalgia, Hollywood’s Bleeding, Megan, yet y’all still complained and said it was a weak year. 😆

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Personally I loved last year and thought it was a very strong year in pop. By this time last year could already pick at least 4 strong contenders. This year so far I’ve only liked Olivia and Nas’ songs and Lana’s album (I know it’s a matter of taste but… anyway). Taylor’s too but I don’t know if she’ll get a nom since it will be old news compared to other releases.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lordeswift
    Topics:

I think that the fall/winter is gonna be packed with releases, as a lot of artists will wait to release so that they can tour. Lots of people on Twitter have said Adele is delayed until the fall because she wants to tour, although I don’t know if I buy that because I thought Adele hated touring.

Fearless (Taylor's Version) out now
    Daddy's Home out May 14th
    L3 out in 2050 or when Antarctica melts due to climate change and Lorde the Penguin is forced to come back to society

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think that the fall/winter is gonna be packed with releases, as a lot of artists will wait to release so that they can tour. Lots of people on Twitter have said Adele is delayed until the fall because she wants to tour, although I don’t know if I buy that because I thought Adele hated touring.

Adele doesn’t hate money though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lordeswift
    Topics:

Adele doesn’t hate money though

That woman could live comfortably for 50 years just from 25’s debut week sales

Fearless (Taylor's Version) out now
    Daddy's Home out May 14th
    L3 out in 2050 or when Antarctica melts due to climate change and Lorde the Penguin is forced to come back to society

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, this year is underwhelming as fuck.  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

Lol y’all find every year underwhelming. Last year we had After Hours, Fine Line, Future Nostalgia, Hollywood’s Bleeding, Megan, yet y’all still complained and said it was a weak year. 😆

I mean, “Yummy” was nominated in Pop Solo so a “weak year” is an understatement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

Honey, this year is underwhelming as fuck. BARF!

It definitely is. Imagine if all these artists released before the Grammy 2022 deadline ended.  Beyonce, Adele, Lorde, Kendrick, Bruno (Silk Sonic), Billie Eilish (new album is coming out soon) and Rihanna. That would be epic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Pop Solo – Olivia Rodrigo, “drivers license”
    Pop Duo/Group – Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon, “Peaches”
    Pop Vocal Album – Ariana Grande, Positions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Personally I loved last year and thought it was a very strong year in pop. By this time last year could already pick at least 4 strong contenders. This year so far I’ve only liked Olivia and Nas’ songs and Lana’s album (I know it’s a matter of taste but… anyway). Taylor’s too but I don’t know if she’ll get a nom since it will be old news compared to other releases.

Last year, the pop field was more competitive. pop solo and bpva were packed way before the deadline, pop duo/group got competitive by the end of the deadline which was okay. this time i don’t see that much strenght in any of the 3 categories. pop solo is the most competitive so far, but i can rule out 2-3 tracks (they are either old or didn’t have as much impact). nobody is confirming a release date, but i hope they do soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Quite frankly I can name more worthy nominees from people snubbed last year than I can that are eligible this year

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 507 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.