Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Agee
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  “Positions” does NOT have a great chance of winning Best Pop Solo Performance.  Ariana Grande always loses that category.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I pray everyday that Miley will get the deserved love.

It’s very tricky for me to predict anything for Ariana because I know she has had a very successful era but personally it felt lukewarm at best. I also live outside the US so maybe this album just didn’t gain the usual traction over here as her past projects. She’s selling a lot so good for her.

Lana feels already forgotten, even if the album was kinda good (not her best by a mile tho).

I have high hopes for Billie and Olivia honestly.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Something from Billie coming next week, aaahhhh

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Billie Eilish + something coming next week = BARF!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident that, as of right now, the top 5 for BPVA is BE2, evermore, Justice, Positions and Sour. These Plastic Hearts/DWDTATOSD suggestions feel like pretty blatant hopedicting.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident that, as of right now, the top 5 for BPVA is BE2, evermore, Justice, Positions and Sour. These Plastic Hearts/DWDTATOSD suggestions feel like pretty blatant hopedicting.

Hopedicting or just a lack of competition/confirmed albums in contention so far?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Hopedicting or just a lack of competition/confirmed albums in contention so far?

No just hopedicting.

Plastic Hearts is by someone who has a whopping total of 1 career nomination. This 1 nomination was from their peak. This was still an underperformance because if they truly liked her, Wrecking Ball or WCS would have been nominated too. It’s currently #190 on the BB200 (granted with Prisoners streams it would be higher. Haven’t done the exact calculations but I imagined it’d still be out of the top 100.) The lead single, Midnight Sky, failed to get a nomination despite coming out at the PERFECT time. The one thing it kind of has going for it is the acclaim. That acclaim ends up being meaningless because critics didn’t even make it top 50 for their YE aggregates. If critics forgot the album after 2 months, why would voters remember it after a year? Predicting someone who the grammys have proven time and time again that they don’t care about to get a nomination for an album no one really cares about makes ZERO sense.

I think everyone’s accepted that Demis done so I’m not really gonna expand on her.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

No just hopedicting.

Plastic Hearts is by someone who has a whopping total of 1 career nomination. This 1 nomination was from their peak. This was still an underperformance because if they truly liked her, Wrecking Ball or WCS would have been nominated too. It’s currently #190 on the BB200 (granted with Prisoners streams it would be higher. Haven’t done the exact calculations but I imagined it’d still be out of the top 100.) The lead single, Midnight Sky, failed to get a nomination despite coming out at the PERFECT time. The one thing it kind of has going for it is the acclaim. That acclaim ends up being meaningless because critics didn’t even make it top 50 for their YE aggregates. If critics forgot the album after 2 months, why would voters remember it after a year? Predicting someone who the grammys have proven time and time again that they don’t care about to get a nomination for an album no one really cares about makes ZERO sense.

I think everyone’s accepted that Demis done so I’m not really gonna expand on her.

Let’s not act as if we’re in the middle or close to the end of eligibility. Or as if the Pop Field is steeped in competition. It’s only April and there’s barely any confirmed releases on the way.

As of now, predicting Dancing with the Devil… & Plastic Hearts makes sense because those are Pop records that have *actually* been released. Not albums that are speculated to drop and are being suggested as possible contenders without official release dates (which in itself is “hopedicting”).

Until we get confirmation that Billie, P!NK, Adele, Kelly, JT, or Ed are definitely releasing, Miley & Demi are in contention.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Evermore!!

By far the best album mentioned here. I know AOTY or GF categories are highly unlikely cause of folklore, but BPVA could happen

Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.