Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 663 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Agee
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, both Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande (BARF!) have equal chances in Pop.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Billie is not missing BPVA.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Will Maroon 5 be a factor? (Lol I know you’ll laugh at me but hey, if Changes got in you never know). Their new album “Jordi” got resoundingly panned by critics but that’s exactly why it scares me to think they could get in there somewhere.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Will Maroon 5 be a factor? (Lol I know you’ll laugh at me but hey, if Changes got in you never know). Their new album “Jordi” got resoundingly panned by critics but that’s exactly why it scares me to think they could get in there somewhere.

I had no idea they had a new album out💀

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

No.

Profile picture
    empire66
    Topics:

Yeah. Poor marketing, promotion, etc. I guess. I honestly have no idea. “Memories” didn’t got exactly nominated. Their song with Megan might be their best shot.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Taylor is the only artist who I believe could miss BPVA yet still make it to AOTY. But I think she’ll get both nods.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Maroon 5 + get nominated = NOT happening

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance 

“positions” — Ariana Grande

“Therefore I Am” — Billie Eilish

“willow” — Taylor Swift

“MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” — Lil Nas X

“drivers license” — Olivia Rodrigo

“Anyone” — Justin Bieber

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

“Kiss Me More” — Doja Cat (feat. SZA)

“Beautiful Mistakes” — Maroon 5 (feat. Megan Thee Stallion)

“Levitating” — Dua Lipa (feat. DaBaby)

“WITHOUT YOU Remix” — The Kid LAROI (feat. Miley Cyrus)

“Peaches” — Justin Bieber (feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon)

Best Pop Vocal Album 

SOUR — Olivia Rodrigo

Positions — Ariana Grande

Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish

Justice — Justin Bieber

evermore — Taylor Swift

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

they released an album? lol

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Given the love Megan got from voters this year, I wouldn’t rule out “Beautiful Mistakes” in Pop Duo/Group

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

as somebody mentioned on the main thread, best pop vocal album might just be the most competitive category of all this year

it’d be hard to imagine billie eilish, olivia rodrigo, ariana grande, justin bieber, ed sheeran & arguably taylor swift missing … but that’s 6

and there’s still doja cat, coldplay, lana del rey, lorde and more who could squeeze in

Lana Del Rey and Lorde won’t get in, both were passed over last time around with highly acclaimed albums with way more hype. Doja Cat also missed last year which makes her vulnerable; her album is going to need to make a big splash to be in contention.

We need to see how Ed’s album does (or if it’s even released by the deadline) before he’s considered a lock, especially after the middling performance of “Afterglow.” He was essentially a filler nominee last time around so he’s hardly a guarantee without a smash hit.

Of the main five, Olivia is the breakout star of the year and a hard lock, Billie will easily secure a nomination since she’s well liked by voters, and Ariana usually gets nominated and has had a pretty good year, so she’s probably in too. Taylor is vulnerable because she released another album soon after which took the spotlight off Evermore. If it comes down to just four of those and Ed Sheeran (assuming he does well), and there’s no tie, she and Bieber will fight for the final spot.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I think Evermore may miss pop vocal and appear on AOTY. Last year I had a weird feeling FN is winning pop vocal and Folklore AOTY, This year I think Evermore won’t be competitive but somehow it will miss pop vocal and end up AOTY(is the album not being completely pop a reason ? maybe).

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I think Evermore may miss pop vocal and appear on AOTY. Last year I had a weird feeling FN is winning pop vocal and Folklore AOTY, This year I think Evermore won’t be competitive but somehow it will miss pop vocal and end up AOTY(is the album not being completely pop a reason ? maybe).

She’s more likely to miss AOTY than BPVA. Every pop album she released got in BPVA, and with Evermore being second in acclaim to only Folklore of her catalogue: get real! She’s NOT missing out on Pop Album.
    I will be truly shocked if she misses both.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

There is no way Ariana will miss this year lol. She has a very consistent record in the pop categories. The only one who may be ahead of her is Olivia.

Who I think could miss: Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift.

Billie is 10x more likely to get in pop than Ariana.

Her and Olivia are pretty much locked for 2/3 pop noms atleast, if you ask me.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 663 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.