Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 663 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Agee
Boz
  • Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Honey, “Telepatía” is NOT happening in Best Pop Solo Performance.

Thanks for the heads up. Won’t keep my hopes up no’mo </3

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Would telepatia be eligible for that new urban Latin performance category?

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The pop field seems so competitive this year, and we’re not even at the end of eligibility period. I can already see the following as contenders for BPVA: • Olivia Rodrigo – Sour • Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever • Lorde – Solar Power • Ariana Grande – Positions • Justin Bieber – Justice • Taylor Swift – Evermore • Ed Sheeran (if his album is released before deadline)

Last year are more fierce and tight in comparison.

folklore – Taylor Swift
    Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa
    Chromatica – Lady Gaga
    After Hours – The Weeknd
    Hollywood’s Bleeding – Post Malone
    Fine Line – Harry Styles
    Hot Pink – Doja Cats
    What’s Your Pleasure – Jessie Ware
    MOTS:7 – BTS
    Changes – Justin Bieber

Shit Bieber literally ruined everything. Still angry and mad as hell

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album contenders

1. Sour ( Olivia Rodrigo )

2. Happier Than Ever ( Billie Eilish )

3. Evermore ( Taylor Swift )

4. Positions ( Ariana Grande )

5. Ed Sheeran or Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Am I the only who see the possibility of Positions missing BPVA nomination? I just realized the album was released super early, right in the beginning of eligibility period unlike her previous four nominated albums. Factor of recency or freshness isn’t there anymore unless she starts promoting/campaigning.

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Ariana posted some pics of her on stage and tagged vevo, so it’s expected that she’s doing another vevo presents (like she did during dangerous era) for Positions.. so it seems she’s FINALLY gonna do some promo for this album.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Am I the only who see the possibility of Positions missing BPVA nomination? I just realized the album was released super early, right in the beginning of eligibility period unlike her previous four nominated albums. Factor of recency or freshness isn’t there anymore unless she starts promoting/campaigning.

She won’t miss, because : a. it has 2 big hits, played on pop radio and the album spent 18 weeks top10 on BB200, it could easily end up top 10 on the YEC BB200.
    b. Ariana has a record of achieving pop nominations easily, she has hits even now, so it is not reasonable to expect her to miss.

When I think of pop vocal album, I first think of eras with multiple pop radio hits or huge albums (WWAFA,WDWEG?).

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

She won’t miss, because : a. it has 2 big hits, played on pop radio and the album spent 18 weeks top10 on BB200, it could easily end up top 10 on the YEC BB200. b. Ariana has a record of achieving pop nominations easily, she has hits even now, so it is not reasonable to expect her to miss. When I think of pop vocal album, I first think of eras with multiple pop radio hits or huge albums (WWAFA,WDWEG?).

Like I said earlier, Positions is her first era released at the beginning of eligibility period unlike her previous four nominated albums. If she stays quiet with no promo, she may lose the steam and get overshadowed by new releases like Ed Sheeran, Doja, Billie. So far only Olivia and Billie kinda on lock.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran may flop, look what happened to afterglow.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Would telepatia be eligible for that new urban Latin performance category?

The new Latin Urban category is for albums only. The new performance category was added in the Global Music field, but I’m not sure if they’ll allow Kali’s sound in there.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Ariana posted some pics of her on stage and tagged vevo, so it’s expected that she’s doing another vevo presents (like she did during dangerous era) for Positions.. so it seems she’s FINALLY gonna do some promo for this album.

If she doesn’t give “POV” the push it deserves I will be pissed with her. It’s the best song of Ariana’s career.

Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

Agreed but everyone seems to think she’s a lock here since she usually get nominated in BPVA but if she were to miss it seems like this would be the year for it

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Ariana Grande missing BPVA is not something I would predict but it also wouldn’t shock me. She’s done like 0 promo for the album, the album was released at the beginning of the eligibility period, and due to its vulgar nature it hasn’t as much radio play as her other albums. However, she is at this point a pop name check and has gotten in for her last 4 studio albums (not counting K Bye for Now which is a live album.)

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran may flop, look what happened to afterglow.

Afterglow was not promoted and was considered a “gift for fans” even before it was released.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande is NOT missing Best Pop Vocal Album.  Voters won’t give a shit that the album was released early in the cycle.  Mama is a consistent name-check and pure filler.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 663 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.