Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 663 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Agee
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Ariana Grande missing BPVA is not something I would predict but it also wouldn’t shock me. She’s done like 0 promo for the album, the album was released at the beginning of the eligibility period, and due to its vulgar nature it hasn’t as much radio play as her other albums. However, she is at this point a pop name check and has gotten in for her last 4 studio albums (not counting K Bye for Now which is a live album.)

Doesn’t it have like three big pop radio hits? I’m pretty sure radio won’t be an issue when she managed to get a song about 69ing on top of the pop chart, and POV is virtually only a “hit” because of payola organic radio success.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

From most to least likely at the moment:
    1. Olivia Rodriguez
    2. Ariana Grande
    3. Justin Bieber
    4. Billie Eilish
    5. Taylor Swift

If Ed releases a successful album this cycle, he’ll probably displace Taylor.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

The only way Ariana misses BPVA is if there are a slew of major releases on the way that dominate. But for now, Positions is a safe bet as a filler nominee.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

positions absolutely smashed on radio. I agree with posters about it being a safe nominee in BPVA.

Also, I don’t think the content will matter. They had WAP performed last year. I don’t think anybody gives a shit as long as the song is a hit and has a popular name on it.

But she should do the smart thing and push positions everywhere and maybe pov in SOTY. The 69 song isn’t that good and it’s a lesser hit than title track.

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

I wonder if Doja will submit “Planet Her” to Pop Album? And since Justin Bieber complained about Changes’ category placement, he might not submit Justice to pop album and since there’s no comittee anymore, it can’t be moved.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

I wonder if Doja will submit “Planet Her” to Pop Album? And since Justin Bieber complained about Changes’ category placement, he might not submit Justice to pop album and since there’s no comittee anymore, it can’t be moved.

I’m pretty sure there are still committees in the genre awards, but they are screening committees, not nominations review committees. Their job is to filter out songs and albums placed in the wrong categories, which in turn can have an impact on the likely result.

This article covers screening committees and what they do:
    https://www.complex.com/music/2014/01/how-does-grammy-voting-work

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

while genre committees were dissolved, the screening panel still exists. so even if bieber’s team submits Justice to R&B it will be moved to pop (where it rightfully belongs).

i hope we don’t get to witness another rant from him AGAIN

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

while genre committees were dissolved, the screening panel still exists. so even if bieber’s team submits Justice to R&B it will be moved to pop (where it rightfully belongs).

i hope we don’t get to witness another rant from him AGAIN

It’s also tone deaf of him that he has the audacity of complaining about that as a white man whilst The Weeknd and lots of great black artists were snubbed.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Ariana Grande missing BPVA is not something I would predict but it also wouldn’t shock me. She’s done like 0 promo for the album, the album was released at the beginning of the eligibility period, and due to its vulgar nature it hasn’t as much radio play as her other albums. However, she is at this point a pop name check and has gotten in for her last 4 studio albums (not counting K Bye for Now which is a live album.)

“vulgar nature”? You realize clean versions exist?

In fact, Ariana has been the most played artist on radios this year. It also seems like she’s going to start promoting

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Doja said planet her is more rap focused so maybe progressive R&B

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Doja will likely go Pop.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, voters will NOT give a shit that Justin Bieber complained about Changes’ category placement.  He will be relegated to Pop again.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

It’s also tone deaf of him that he has the audacity of complaining about that as a white man whilst The Weeknd and lots of great black artists were snubbed.

This! Which is why users suggesting “Peaches” belongs in R&B is insulting. It’s also tone deaf considering his past with racism. Did people forget he released an apology for using the N-word before the Changes era? He basically wanted to save face before people criticized him for appropriating a predominantly Black genre.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yeah, sorry there’s no way Ed’s bombing. This will probably just smash right out of the gate like Calling My Phone/7 summer/all those songs that were big on tiktok before being released did.

Personally, I’m just gonna be bold and predict both Taylor and Justin missing due to Ed and Coldplay.

Also Jesus Christ we get it, you don’t think Peaches should go to R&B. Like my god you’ve made your point, move on.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Honey, voters will NOT give a shit that Justin Bieber complained about Changes’ category placement. He will be relegated to Pop again.

Exactly. There’s nothing R&B about Bieber. The screening committee will place Justice/“Peaches” in Pop where they belong. The Academy will not care about his lipabridgerstwigs like temper tantrum.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 663 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.