Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 663 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Agee
Boz
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Santana

What a great example of artists who suffered from the alleged bias against latin music!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

You also proved my ‘Grammys have a bias against non-English language songs’ argument by stating: “the artists you mentioned had to make English music to get hits”. Which is exactly why they were nominated/won. Voters only care about Latin sung or infused songs if it’s headlined or features an English speaking pop act (i.e. Rob Thomas, Camila Cabello, Justin Bieber, or Dua Lipa) or is an undeniable chart success like “Despacito” or “I Like It”.

And it’s not a coincidence that Bad Bunny’s only nominations (outside of the Latin Field) are as features on songs that are primarily in English. Point proven.

Again, I just don’t think using examples from 2005 makes a lot of sense talking 16 years later. Also disagree that his Pop Duo nom was just because of Dua, but regardless “Dákiti” is undoubtedly his biggest lead hit yet. It can totally happen, IMO. Agree to disagree I guess.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

As a Latino, are you really going to discredit…SHAKIRA?! Dirty Laundry was a HUGE crossover/breakthrough era! She went 3x Platinum in the English market & sold 13 million WW. Her music videos received heavy rotation on MTV/VH1 (one of the first Latin artists to dominate this media), there were multiple endorsement deals including Pepsi, award show performances, TV guest spots, & and even a Rolling Stone cover with Britney Spears & Mary J. Blige! How did SHAKIRA NOT have star power?

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

What a great example of artists who suffered from the alleged bias against latin music!

Those songs were in English dumba$$. NOT Spanish. Proving my point once again. LOL!

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Those songs were in English dumba$$. NOT Spanish. Proving my point once again. LOL!

You were the one including Santana in your list of latin artists 0f 2000s. Not really sure why you’d bring them up when trying to prove there’s a bias against latin music.

It’s become a lot easier to get a non-English hit. Don’t really care about the reaches you’re doing to deny this. Dakiti is one of the biggest completely non-English hits in the US in a very long time. The fact that you’re resorting to songs that are over a decade old to prove it can’t get nominated just shows how it’s entirely possible.

FYC

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

As a Latino, are you really going to discredit…SHAKIRA?! Dirty Laundry was a HUGE crossover/breakthrough era! She went 3x Platinum in the English market & sold 13 million WW. Her music videos received heavy rotation on MTV/VH1 (one of the first Latin artists to dominate this media), there were multiple endorsement deals including Pepsi, award show performances, TV guest spots, & an even a Rolling Stone cover with Britney Spears & Mary J. Blige! How did SHAKIRA NOT have star power?

I’m not discrediting Shakira, hence why I mentioned US. She had 2 top 10 hits in the USA, her losing a nom spot with a fully Spanish #23 peaking song 15 years ago to three AOTY winners isn’t really a shock or surprise. Highly doubt many Grammy predictors were banking on La Tortura.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Also, again, good to remember how random the Grammys were back then. I think sticking to post 2012 examples might help us more.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

You were the one including Santana in your list of latin artists 0f 2000s. Not really sure why you’d bring them up when trying to prove there’s a bias against latin music.

It’s become a lot easier t0 get a non-English hit. Don’t really care about the reaches you’re doing to deny this. Dakiti is big and the fact that you’re resorting to songs that are over a decade old to prove it can’t get nominated just shows how it’s entirely possible.

If you didn’t have some bizarre Single White Female vendetta against everything I post (suspiciously in defense of Boz), you’d clearly see that I said the GRAMMYs have a bias against non-English songs (unless it features or is infused with mainstream Pop acts).

Maybe if you weren’t so thirsty to ride the coattails of another user, your inability to comprehend standard vocabulary wouldn’t be so jarringly obvious.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

If you didn’t have some bizarre Single White Female vendetta against everything I post (suspiciously in defense of Boz), you’d clearly see that I said the GRAMMYs have a bias against non-English songs (unless it features or is infused with mainstream Pop acts).

Maybe if you weren’t so thirsty to ride the coattails of another user, your inability to comprehend standard vocabulary wouldn’t be so jarringly obvious.

What’s up with the random hurling insults at other posters? Didn’t you say other posters were the ones being immature? It’s really not that deep lol.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Anyways, wanted to add that Dákiti is still in the top 50 of the Spotify US chart (Yonaguni is top 10). I believe it’s the oldest song there, at least singlewise, which is highly impressive. Bad Bunny’s star power is underrated.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

If you didn’t have some bizarre Single White Female vendetta against everything I post (suspiciously in defense of Boz), you’d clearly see that I said the GRAMMYs have a bias against non-English songs (unless it features or is infused with mainstream Pop acts). Maybe if you weren’t so thirsty to ride the coattails of another user, your inability to comprehend standard vocabulary wouldn’t be so jarringly obvious.

Uh, I was the one who posted my predictions, which included Dakiti, first? How exactly am I riding Boz’s coattail by defending a prediction I made. And considering you attacked me for pointing out that Kiss Me More is above 34 35 (remix), I think you’re the one with the vendetta.

Bad Bunny IS a mainstream pop act in the US at this point. Look at him getting Yonaguni top 10 this week and how his album is #29 this week on the BB200 (for comparison, only 5 spots below Positions). I don’t think you can say Un Dia was solely because of Dua when it wasn’t even under her name on the ballot.

FYC

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

What’s up with the random hurling insults at other posters? Didn’t you say other posters were the ones being immature? It’s really not that deep lol.

Bro, you literally hurled insults at users 30+ & stalked my page for old predictions to screenshot like you were investigating for TMZ. You should be the last person to lecture anyone on immaturity or taking posts too personal.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Bro, you literally hurled insults at users 30+

And I’d do it again.

FYC - Lil Nas X

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

How exactly am I riding Boz’s coattail by defending a prediction I made.

You’re like Mini-Me to Boz’s Dr. Evil. Even your predictions are GIFs too. What in the The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is really going on?! The obsession to get revenge for saying Taylor Swift is NOT getting 8 nominations is real! Listen to Fearless (Taylor’s Version) & seek help.

Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

And I’d do it again.

Gross.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 663 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.