Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 mins ago
replies
views
users
Xtina
Diamond Tier
2021ravenclaw1
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Never underestimate P!NK. Her music appeals to a wide range of audiences (from Pop to Rock to R&B). She’s got a hold on Adult Contemporary Radio. Sis is an icon and could easily get nominated based on respect and her name alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alvin
    Topics:

+1. P!nk’s “All I Know So Far” seems like a song Grammy voters love. I can see it getting a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    UnderPerri
    Topics:

p!nk is not more successful than beyoncé, that is delusion, but even if she were it’s irrelevant because the voters love beyoncé way more than they’ve ever loved p!nk. she’s not ever getting in pop, by october pop album and pop solo will both be competitive and her recent collab just will not be big enough for pop duo

I agree that they love beyonce more, but Pink has had a consistent nomination history in the pop field. If they wanted to ignore her, they would’ve done it before. Also agree that the Anywhere Away From Here collaboration won’t be anywhere near from a nomination, but i think her latest single has the appeal to get a BPSP nom. We’ll have to wait to see.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Who’s going to be this years The Weeknd? Of the people you guys are hyping up my bets are on Bieber and Taylor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Who’s going to be this years The Weeknd? Of the people you guys are hyping up my bets are on Bieber and Taylor

Can you please give one reason for why Justin and Taylor, who’ve got successful albums and a consistent ability to get nominated, are going to get snubbed? You seem very confident that Demi, Shawn and Miley will beat them with their albums that bombed despite none of them having a good track record.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Can you please give one reason for why Justin and Taylor, who’ve got successful albums and a consistent ability to get nominated, are going to get snubbed? You seem very confident that Demi, Shawn and Miley will beat them with their albums that bombed despite none of them having a good track record.

1. I appreciate that deep scroll lol

2. I feel more confident in going against Taylor than Justin, and the reason for that is that all she has released in the eligibility period is an album that is just a lesser-version of Folklore (which went 0-3 in pop despite being arguably the strongest work) and a cover album of her own music. I am not extremely confident in Demi, Shawn, and Miley those are just the people I had in those spots at the time of that prediction. I could easily see all 3 missing that’s just where my thoughts were at then. Justin is someone that I have admitted to underestimating due to me finding his music weaker than other potential nominees. I personally think what I’ve heard from Justice is no better than Purpose

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

album that is just a lesser-version of Folklore (which went 0-3 in pop despite being arguably the strongest work)

Uh, follow-up albums like Evermore get nominated ALL THE TIME. Gaga had The Fame and The Fame Monster back-to-back. Ariana had Sweetener and Thank U Next. Hell, just this year Black Pumas got into AOTY with a deluxe version of their June 2019 album while Jacob Collier got in with a third part of a series he’s working on.

Also I fail to see how Folklore going 0/3 means Evermore cannot get a BPVA nomination. Folklore literally got the maximum amount of nominations it could get so what exactly are you going for here?

I personally think what I’ve heard from Justice is no better than Purpose

My takeaway from Yummy getting in was that Justin can only get nominated with quality work!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Billie is coming!

Better grab a towel then before she makes a mess.

I am sorry for my past behaviour. I am sorry for being a turd. I would like to try and be better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson,  P!nk, and Justin Timberlake will NOT need hits in order to get a Pop nomination.  Pure delusion.  Those artists are highly respected and already proved they can get nominated based on name recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

P!nk could get in. All I Know So Far is a good song and she’s been ‘namechecked’. before. Who know’s what will happen this year? Last years lesson was to never be sure of anything so…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance: 1. drivers license 2. Therefore I Am 3. positions 4. Montero (Call Me By Your Name) 5. Anyone Best Pop Group/Duo Performance: 1. Peaches 2. Levitating 3. Kiss Me More 4. [Tony/Gaga] 5. Beautiful Mistakes Best Pop Vocal Album: 1. Happier Than Ever 2. SOUR 3. positions 4. Justice 5. evermore

I don’t see it for Beautfiul Mistakes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Only going with confirmed releases

Best Pop Solo Performance
    1. Olivia Rodrigo – drivers license
    2. Ariana Grande – positions
    3. Billie Eilish – Therefore I AM
    4. Lil Nas X – Montero (Call Me By Your Name)
    5. Taylor Swift – willow
    (6. Justin Bieber – Anyone)

Best Pop Group/Duo Performance
    1. Dua Lipa & DaBaby – Levitating
    2. Justin Bieber feat. Giveon & Daniel Caesar – Peaches
    3. Doja Cat & SZA – Kiss Me More
    4. Bad Bunny feat. Jhay Cortez – Dákiti
    5. Ritt Momney – Put Your Records On
    (6. Glass Animals – Heat Waves)

Best Pop Vocal Album
    1. Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
    2. Ariana Grande – Positions
    3. Justin Bieber – Justice
    4. Olivia Rodrigo – Sour
    5. Taylor Swift – evermore
    (6. Miley Cyrus – Plastic Hearts)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m starting to doubt Lil Nas X getting into Pop Solo. He’s not a singer, the category has no history of nominating “non-vocalists” (I consider him to be a melodic rapper), Pop Solo is always super competitive and even though his single hit #1, I think it peaked too early and is on the decline.

Rappers have been able to get into Pop Duo, but not Pop Solo. With the likes of so many pop favorites returning, I just can’t see Lil Nas X making the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I’m starting to doubt Lil Nas X getting into Pop Solo. He’s not a singer, the category has no history of nominating “non-vocalists” (I consider him to be a melodic rapper), Pop Solo is always super competitive and even though his single hit #1, I think it peaked too early and is on the decline.

Rappers have been able to get into Pop Duo, but not Pop Solo. With the likes of so many pop favorites returning, I just can’t see Lil Nas X making the category.

Post got into Pop Solo before though even though vocally he’s more of a singer than Nas.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga are NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.