Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 608 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    Tom&Jerry
    Topics:

The so called “insiders” of twitter say a single is coming around his birthday which is next week. I don’t think they’ll miss the deadline.

Lol. No way. They are NOT missing the deadline. (Keep dreaming)

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I could see it go to R&B but if it competes in pop, Skate could win

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Skate will go to Traditional R&B Performance. And I guess they can submit Leave the Door Open to R&B Performance.

Profile picture
    BetteDavisEyes
    Topics:

Sorry y’all, but I think Billie deserves to win Best Pop Vocal Album again. 🌚

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Sorry y’all, but I think Billie deserves to win Best Pop Vocal Album again. 🌚

I think I agree. It’s obviously Billie vs. Olivia but I’d rather see Olivia take AOTY.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

What if Billie and Olivia split Pop Album and Album Of The Year like Taylor and Dua this year? If we’ve learned something from the latest Grammys is splits can happen.

I can still see Billie taking both album categories though, with Olivia winning some of the song categories (Pop Solo, Record and/or Song).

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Billie Eilish does NOT deserve to win Best Pop Vocal Album again.  BARF!

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

What if Billie and Olivia split Pop Album and Album Of The Year like Taylor and Dua this year? If we’ve learned something from the latest Grammys is splits can happen. I can still see Billie taking both album categories though, with Olivia winning some of the song categories (Pop Solo, Record and/or Song).

Those AOTY/Pop album splits are rare and the Folklore/Future Nostalgia split was helped by Folklore being an album with a lot of acoustic instruments and getting support from voters in alternative and other categories, while Dua was closer to a pure pop album. Perhaps it can still happen, but the differences aren’t so great this time.

The song/album split is more likely, but after Billie won a second ROTY, no one should be surprised by another sweep.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

It’s nice seeing Gaga discussions in both the Grammy threads and the Oscar ones. I missed this

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

SOUR’s got BPVA on lock. AOTY is a different story. Billie might repeat unless Silk Sonic release in time.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Billie and Olivia are head to head in PVA and Pop Solo. This will actually be a interesting race. No one else can literally top them in the Pop Categories. I believe both of them will compete in AOTY together.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Will Happy Ever After (song) being submitted for pop? It’s no different from the music made by alot of indie rock musicians I listen. It is very much alt/rock.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Will Happy Ever After (song) being submitted for pop? It’s no different from the music made by alot of indie rock musicians I listen. It is very much alt/rock.

I think she will submit Therefore I Am for Best Pop Solo Performance and Happier Than Ever for Record of the year, Song of the year and Best Rock Performance.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I think she will submit Therefore I Am for Best Pop Solo Performance and Happier Than Ever for Record of the year, Song of the year and Best Rock Performance.

I can see this happening. Maybe TIAM would get ROTY submission instead but depending on how HTE does, it is definitely more worthy.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Billie and Olivia are head to head in PVA and Pop Solo.

With all the GF love Billie has received it’s still shocking to me that she hasn’t won BPSP yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.