Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 608 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

hello friends. me and my cousin give each other 10 nominees per category for predictions (so 5 spare in genre and 2 spare in general field). who has more of a chance to make it into pop duo / group – bad bunny with dakiti or glass animals with heatwaves?

Heatwaves.

This category oddly always have a slot reserved for a “real band” and heatwaves both commercially successful and critically acclaimed (Triple J’s #1 of 2020).

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Billie & Olivia have interacted a lot lately with Olivia even attending her album launch party. The fact that they’re signed to the same label means a collaboration is a real possibility… probably not until 2022 now for a deluxe version of Sour or something, but that collaboration would DEFINITELY win for BPDGP!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m sure Set Fire To The Rain live got more votes than some blue ribbon pannel picks for ROTY in 2012.

Ditto for the live version of Happy and All of Me in 2015.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Not sure if this is accurate because I can’t find the original source for it, but Twitter seems to think that the Lizzo single is a collab with Harry.

Pop duo keeps getting more and more crowded if it is.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Not sure if this is accurate because I can’t find the original source for it, but Twitter seems to think that the Lizzo single is a collab with Harry. Pop duo keeps getting more and more crowded if it is.

If true, this is huge. It would be the first collaboration Harry does in his solo career. Both BSPVP winners.

As for the source of the rumor, there is not much. A couple of insiders have been saying he is on her album for a while now, and after that picture at the Grammys together that she posted on her Instagram, she has mentioned him a lot. In the photoshoot with the orange set, the Harry candle in the back could be an easter egg. However, they are also very good friends so it could be just that.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Industry Baby should go Melodic Rap. It’s in the same vein as Panini plus Jack Harlow was rapping rapping

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Get real! “Heat Waves” is NOT happening in BPDGP. Glass Animals have released much better albums than their latest and got no nominations for them, and even though “Heat Waves” is their highest charting single to date, it’s not a smash either. BPDGP is already too crowded for an indie pop band.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Industry Baby should go Melodic Rap. It’s in the same vein as Panini plus Jack Harlow was rapping rapping

Agreed. I’ll be surprised if it gets into BPDGP because to me it’s melodic rap.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  “Industry Baby” is NOT probably happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  It will be submitted to Best Melodic Rap Performance.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Industry Baby makes no sense in BPDG

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Pop Solo:

Lil Nas X – Montero
    Olivia Rodrigo – Good 4 U
    Billie Eilish – Happier than Ever
    Ed Sheeran – Bad Habits
    Dua Lipa – Levitating (Live)*
    Ariana Grande – Positions

Pop Duo/ Group:

Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon – Peaches
    Doja Cat f/ SZA – Kiss Me More
    Coldplay – Higher Power
    BTS – Butter
    The Weeknd & Ariana Grande – Save Your Tears*

Pop Vocal Album:

Billie Eilish – Happier than Ever
    Olivia Rodrigo – Sour
    Ariana Grande – Positions
    Doja Cat – Planet HER
    Justin Bieber – Justice

Controversial picks:

I feel like The Weeknd’s label will submit his work.. he just won’t campaign. I foresee Taylor Swift getting the first big snub of her career with evermore. It just feels like a deluxe version of folklore (the better album) and already had its moment last year. Plus she went 0/3 in Pop (like I imagined) so she’s not a sure thing here. Recency and hits through the voting period will help the other 5 I feel.

And I think Levitating (Live) will be Dua’s submission. It’s a shame because the remix would be a slam dunk in Pop Duo. if The Weeknd doesn’t end up on the ballots the TonyxGaga collab will take its spot.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

There’s just no way Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga miss out on a straight vote. BPDGP (Pop Duo/Group Performance)

This is a general concept. They’re instantly/easily on Top 2.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Lizzo is coming next Friday! If the lead is indeed produced by Mark Ronson as we know they’ve been working together, this could be a huge hit for her. I think it could be a hit regardless since she’s been away for so long.

Potential BPSP contender for sure. No idea if she’ll drop her album in time for the end of eligibility period or not, I feel like she’s more likely to drop towards the end of 2021 or the start of 2022 instead.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

There’s just no way Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga miss out on a straight vote. BPDGP (Pop Duo/Group Performance)

Bennett even got into a Duo/Group (albeit a 7 nominee field) for a random Diana Krall duet, the only way “Love for Sale” isn’t happening is if it’s not released in time.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Bennett even got into a Duo/Group (albeit a 7 nominee field) for a random Diana Krall duet, the only way “Love for Sale” isn’t happening is if it’s not released in time.

Period. Which is also no way happening

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.