Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 608 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  “I Get a Kick Out of You” is NOT the only song worthy of a win in Best Pop Dup/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Its chart performance is being carried by fans buying multiple copies of the song and/or using VPNs. It’s not reflective of the song’s actual popularity among the masses.

“Dynamite” was actually somewhat of a hit outside of the BTS fandom, even if it relied on an excessive marketing campaign. I don’t think “Butter” is as familiar to people.

This was not the narrative at all last year about “Dynamite” among users. It’s like dejavu, really.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

This was not the narrative at all last year about “Dynamite” among users. It’s like dejavu, really.

There were doubts about “Dynamite” because it was being largely fueled by their fanbase and aggressive discounts and promotion, yes. Even so, it resonated much more with the public than “Butter” has.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

There were doubts about “Dynamite” because it was being largely fueled by their fanbase and aggressive discounts and promotion, yes. Even so, it resonated much more with the public than “Butter” has.

Ok.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Ok.

Do you actually want to have a discussion about this or not? If not, then quit clogging up the thread.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group is also much more competitive than it was last year, with multiple smash hits in the running including “Peaches,” “Levitating,” “Stay,” and “Kiss Me More,” along with contenders from Grammy favorites like “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “Lo Vas a Olvidar,” and at least 3 Taylor Swift songs. There’s also “Save Your Tears” to consider if The Weeknd changes his mind about submitting his music.

Last year was much drier, to the point that Taylor was considered a locked nominee and frontrunner to win for what was essentially an album cut. That would have been unfathomable in any other year.

Profile picture
    VINCE
    Topics:

Stop with all these BTS discussion please. This is not a cheap fan voted award.

MARIAH CAREY

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I can’t believe DaHomophobe took down Dua with him. Win or not, this was going to be a really really easy BPDGP nomination for her. With Warner dropping off the remix from all playlists and radio stations, I’m not certain if it’ll even be submitted. And if it already is, it can very well be withdrawn too.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I can’t believe DaHomophobe took down Dua with him. Win or not, this was going to be a really really easy BPDGP nomination for her. With Warner dropping off the remix from all playlists and radio stations, I’m not certain if it’ll even be submitted. And if it already is, it can very well be withdrawn too.

He didn’t drag her down with him. She basically allowed it. She’s not the only collaborator that DaBaby has worked with. But she let stans dictate what she should and shouldn’t do. She shouldn’t be liable for his ignorance. Notice how every other collaborator of his stayed quiet? She could’ve done the same.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

“Stay” is becoming a strong single. I’m starting to believe that Bieber might submit (and be accepted) to R&B for “Peaches” seeing as how 2 of the 3 artists are R&B. I can see the placement panels allowing this so as to honor “Stay” in Pop as well since both songs aren’t allowed to be nominated there in that category.

For the record, I don’t personally think “Peaches” should be allowed to compete in R&B, I can just maybe see it happening.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

“Stay” is becoming a strong single. I’m starting to believe that Bieber might submit (and be accepted) to R&B for “Peaches” seeing as how 2 of the 3 artists are R&B. I can see the placement panels allowing this so as to honor “Stay” in Pop as well since both songs aren’t allowed to be nominated there in that category.

For the record, I don’t personally think “Peaches” should be allowed to compete in R&B, I can just maybe see it happening.

Based on his FYC ad he is submitting “Anyone, Peaches and Lonely (w/Benny Blanco)” for Grammy consideration. Based on those selections I’m assuming his team will submit:

Peaches – R&B Perf, R&B Song, ROTY
    Lonely – Pop Duo Group, SOTY
    Anyone – Pop Solo

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get fucking real!  We’ve been through this already.  “Peaches” will NOT be accepted in R&B.  In fact, it would be laughed right out of R&B just like “My Hair” (BARF!) would.  It’s going Pop.  End of story.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

He didn’t drag her down with him. She basically allowed it. She’s not the only collaborator that DaBaby has worked with. But she let stans dictate what she should and shouldn’t do. She shouldn’t be liable for his ignorance. Notice how every other collaborator of his stayed quiet? She could’ve done the same.

But online fomos were dragging her for not speaking against him

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

She did the right thing though, especially when almost your whole fanbase is mainly LGBT people. Levitating is her most “current popular/relevant” single. And to say nothing would be a slap in the face of her community. She’d be viewed as a hypocrite. Missing out on a Grammy nomination is much better than sacrificing your integrity as an artist for it. She already has 3 and she’ll win more. I doubt she even cares.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I Get A Kick is nice but I don’t think it’s a winner.

With Dua out of the race, get real! The voters wouldn’t give SZA/Doja Cat a Grammy over Tony Bennett.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.