Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 608 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

Giveon/SZA/Silk Sonic/Jasmine Sullivan/Lucky Daye/H.E.R. (etc.) songs will NOT be competing with “Peaches” in any R&B category. The Grammys may have many problems but they aren’t that delusional. At least they better not be.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

If Peaches goes r&b then Stay is happening in BPDGP.

Not a sure thing. We don’t know how much Grammy love The Kid Laroi will get. Plus the other Justin Bieber songs will probably siphon votes with each other resulting in neither making it. That’s also another scenario. Peaches is his only undeniable song this year and if it’s not in Pop Duo then it’s up in the air.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Giveon/SZA/Silk Sonic/Jasmine Sullivan/Lucky Daye/H.E.R. (etc.) songs will NOT be competing with “Peaches” in any R&B category. The Grammys may have many problems but they aren’t that delusional. At least they better not be.

Even MTV categorized “Peaches” as Pop. Mind you, this is the same network that awarded “Blinding Lights” with R&B. It’s a sad day when supposed Grammy ‘experts’ can’t distinguish the difference between genres yet the VMAs can.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’ve yet to see anyone give an actual reason about why No Pressure would be allowed past the screening panel but it’s somehow impossible for Peaches to do the same.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

lmao what prisoners yall talking about

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

if academy is still up to billie’s ass i expect her flop collab with rosalia to get nom here

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I wonder if Rumors will even be submitted though. I could see them saving it for next year.

could see this happening as well if lizzo drops an album w the song for the next eligible year. however, if the song becomes a hit they may submit

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I wonder if Rumors will even be submitted though. I could see them saving it for next year.

I’m becoming a barb if this happens two years in a row.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’m becoming a barb if this happens two years in a row.

i will literally burn down Atlantic Records to ashes if this happens again.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’ve yet to see anyone give an actual reason about why No Pressure would be allowed past the screening panel but it’s somehow impossible for Peaches to do the same.

We’ve literally spent all season going back & forth about this. You bring up “No Pressure”/Journals as if Bieber wasn’t just moved from Progressive to Pop with Changes. Yet where’s your reasonings for that? It was R&B leaning material (similar to “Peaches”) but was still denied.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

We’ve literally spent all season going back & forth about this. You bring up “No Pressure”/Journals as if Bieber wasn’t just moved from Progressive to Pop with Changes. Yet where’s your reasonings for that? It was R&B leaning material (similar to “Peaches”) but was still denied.

My reasoning is that the screening panel thought Changes would fit better in pop, unlike Journals and No Pressure which they felt fit more in R&B.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Listened to rumors and watched the video. One of my least favorite song releases this year and Lizzo looks so awkward in the video.

Personally I don’t see this becoming a hit.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

My reasoning is that the screening panel thought Changes would fit better in pop, unlike Journals and No Pressure which they felt fit more in R&B.

So if the screening panel felt Changes was Pop, even though it was submitted to R&B, then why wouldn’t they feel the same about “Peaches”? This literally occurred last season btw opposed to 2014/2016.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

So if the screening panel felt Changes was Pop, even though it was submitted to R&B, then why wouldn’t they feel the same about “Peaches”? This literally occurred last season btw opposed to 2014/2016.

Probably because Changes and Peaches are different projects.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

So if the screening panel felt Changes was Pop, even though it was submitted to R&B, then why wouldn’t they feel the same about “Peaches”?

Is there any proof of this, or are we just going off of Justin’s statement that he considered his album R&B?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.