Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 606 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..

• Boz
    Topics:

I agree with multiple of your points Boz, however i still stand with the fact that he could still miss BPSP due to not being nominated in anything else aside from OTR (in pop) and bc of other big pop nominees in contention (which could lead to him not getting enough votes) Not sure if he submitted something to pop solo on 2019 and missed, if someone can confirm it would be great.

I am predicting him because i did like the song and i feel like he deserves a nomination, but anything can happen and he could miss to Ed, Taylor, or Justin.

His only Pop submissions have been Old Town Road in PDGP and 7 in PVA. So him only being nominated for OTR (which he won, btw) is probably not a big deal.

As for the competiton, Willow and Anyone predictions feel like hopedicting IMO.

Jay
    Topics:

For someone who won AOTY with Pop albums twice, you’d expect Taylor to be a massive force in her own field. When she was a country act, she had a way better track record.

She can easily get the nominations, but she just can’t win in Pop. However, she remains a force in the General Field because Country/American Roots and maybe even Alternative/Rock voters still support her.

I may have exaggerated a bit, but it’s noticeable that similarly to Billie Eilish, she’s more supported outside the Pop field.

Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift have both won Best Pop Vocal Album before, so I’m not sure where all this is coming from. They may have not swept but they did win in the pop field, therefore indicating support from pop voters.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Miss Americana
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is just below the expectations this year, the material is sub-par and just there. She is in danger of getting pushed aside due to that.

Jay
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is just below the expectations this year, the material is sub-par and just there. She is in danger of getting pushed aside due to that.

I agree, she seems vulnerable especially because her album is long forgotten. However, she has never missed a BPVA nomination (even as a pure filler) just like Taylor Swift.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Deemy
    Topics:

Ariana is stronger in Pop Vocal than Taylor. Even though I don’t think either will miss. It could be a 6 album lineup this year but I wouldn’t mind Bieber missing. I didn’t enjoy Justice as much as I did “Changes”. The album is pretty much “Peaches”.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift have both won Best Pop Vocal Album before, so I’m not sure where all this is coming from. They may have not swept but they did win in the pop field, therefore indicating support from pop voters.

That was a hyperbole. She has 1 win in 12 nominations. You’d expect a three-time AOTY winner to snag easy wins in her own field.

But last year for example, she only beat Dua Lipa in AOTY because of loyal Country/American Roots voters. Those are the ones who have consistantly supported her since 2008. She won BPVA with 1989 because that album was undeniable and the lineup was weak.

Similarly, Billie managed to win ROTY twice, but she has yet to win BPSP. Her support comes primarily from Alternative/Rock/technical voters.

Hell, Gaga & Ariana are complete duds in the General Field, yet they have somehow had a better track record in Pop than both Taylor and apparently Billie by a few years, if Olivia sweeps this year.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

anyways, both Ariana & Taylor are making it to BPVA again.

• BPVA
      1. Olivia Rodrigo
      2. Billie Eilish
      3. Justin Bieber
      4. Ariana Grande
      5. Taylor Swift
      6. (Ed Sheeran)
    • BPSP
      1. Olivia Rodrigo
      2. Billie Eilish
      3. Ed Sheeran
      4. Ariana Grande
      5. Lil Nas X
      6. (Justin Bieber)
    • BPD/GP is a hot mess and three ideal frontrunners (Levitating Remix, Peaches and Save Your Tears Remix) will/may not even be submitted here, so Tony & Gaga have this on lock

KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like Positions and even I know that nobody thinks it is among her best work. I’m not as confident that she’ll get nominations as others are.

2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Pop field what I want to happen.

Best Pop Vocal Album

• Heaven and Hell- Ava Max
    • Sour- Olivia Rodrigo
    • Happier Than Ever- Billie Eilish
    • Wonder- Shawn Mendes
    • Positions- Ariana Grande

Alt- Love Goes- Sam Smith

Best Pop Solo Performance

• My Head and My Heart- Ava Max
    • Diamonds- Sam Smith
    • Therefore I Am- Billie Eilish
    • Drivers License- Olivia Rodrigo
    • Bad Habits- Ed Sheeran

Alt- All I Know So Far- Pink

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance 

• Bang!- AJR
    • I Get a Kick Out if You- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
    • Prisoner- Miley Cyrus and Dua Lipa
    • Beautiful Mistakes- Maroon 5 and Megan Thee Stallion
    • Leave Before You Love Me- Marshmello and Jonas Brothers

Alt- Fallin’ (Adrenaline)- Why Don’t We

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

V For Vendetta
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever BPVA

soltseven
    Topics:

That was a hyperbole. She has 1 win in 12 nominations. You’d expect a three-time AOTY winner to snag easy wins in her own field. But last year for example, she only beat Dua Lipa in AOTY because of loyal Country/American Roots voters. Those are the ones who have consistantly supported her since 2008. She won BPVA with 1989 because that album was undeniable and the lineup was weak. Similarly, Billie managed to win ROTY twice, but she has yet to win BPSP. Her support comes primarily from Alternative/Rock/technical voters. Hell, Gaga & Ariana are complete duds in the General Field, yet they have somehow had a better track record in Pop than both Taylor and apparently Billie by a few years, if Olivia sweeps this year.

Exactly!!

“You Belong With Me”, “Breathe”, “Shake It Off”, “Blank Space”, “Bad Blood”, “You Need To Calm Down”, “cardigan” and “exile” all lost their nominations. Except for “YNTCD” and “Breathe”, it wouldn’t be delusional to think they could’ve won their respective categories.

“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”, “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”, “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Delicate” weren’t even nominated.

Homegirl has an awful track record. I mean, awful. They kinda like her enough to nominate her sometimes, but not enough to win. Some of the losses are justified, but 1/12 is terrible.

I would love for evermore to be nominated in BPVA since, imo, it is miles and miles ahead of the other popular contenders  but I’m not sure.

I’m also losing hope for “willow” in BPSP and specially  for “evermore”/“coney island”/“no body, no crime” in BPDGP.

It’s time to let go of this endless summer afternoon

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’d argue that Lil Nas X is in the running to win Pop Solo Performance. I don’t think Olivia Rodrigo is winning it, sorry.

People aren’t ready to have this conversation yet. But yes, Lil Nas X could surprise. 🙃

TomJerry
    Topics:

The only possible surprise I can personally see for BPSP is Lil Nas X for Call Me By Your Name.

As we’ve seen in the past, the biggest songs of the year and presumed “locks” have lost in this category.

Brayfers
    Topics:

BPVA:

1. SOUR – Olivia Rodrigo
    2. Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish
    3. positions – Ariana Grande
    4. Justice – Justin Bieber
    5. evermore – Taylor Swift
    6. Planet Her – Doja Cat

BPSP:

1. good 4 u – Olivia Rodrigo
    2. positions – Ariana Grande
    3. Bad Habits – Ed Sheeran
    4. MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) – Lil Nas x
    5. willow – Taylor Swift
    6. Therefore I Am – Billie Eilish

BPDGP:

1. Kiss Me More – Doja Cat ft. SZA
    2. Peaches – Justin Bieber ft. Daniel Caesar & GIVEON
    3. Levitating – Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby
    4. Butter – BTS
    5. I Get a Kick Out of You – Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m also losing hope for “willow” in BPSP and specially for “evermore”/“coney island”/“no body, no crime” in BPDGP.

I imagine these three tracks will probably be submitted across genres (pop, rock and country respectively).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.