Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 608 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

What’s confusing about my snarky post?

Saying that Call Me By Your Name (Montero) won’t be nominated because it’s not as big of a hit as one of the biggest hits of the modern age is ridiculous.

well sorry if it sounded ridiculous, i guess i didn’t express myself properly

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’d argue that Lil Nas X is in the running to win Pop Solo Performance. I don’t think Olivia Rodrigo is winning it, sorry.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I agree with multiple of your points Boz, however i still stand with the fact that he could still miss BPSP due to not being nominated in anything else aside from OTR (in pop) and bc of other big pop nominees in contention (which could lead to him not getting enough votes) Not sure if he submitted something to pop solo on 2019 and missed, if someone can confirm it would be great.

I am predicting him because i did like the song and i feel like he deserves a nomination, but anything can happen and he could miss to Ed, Taylor, or Justin.

His only Pop submissions have been Old Town Road in PDGP and 7 in PVA. So him only being nominated for OTR (which he won, btw) is probably not a big deal.

As for the competiton, Willow and Anyone predictions feel like hopedicting IMO.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY (w/ Jack Harlow) - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    ONE OF ME (w/ Elton John) - Best Pop Duo/Group Perf.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

For someone who won AOTY with Pop albums twice, you’d expect Taylor to be a massive force in her own field. When she was a country act, she had a way better track record.

She can easily get the nominations, but she just can’t win in Pop. However, she remains a force in the General Field because Country/American Roots and maybe even Alternative/Rock voters still support her.

I may have exaggerated a bit, but it’s noticeable that similarly to Billie Eilish, she’s more supported outside the Pop field.

Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift have both won Best Pop Vocal Album before, so I’m not sure where all this is coming from. They may have not swept but they did win in the pop field, therefore indicating support from pop voters.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is just below the expectations this year, the material is sub-par and just there. She is in danger of getting pushed aside due to that.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is just below the expectations this year, the material is sub-par and just there. She is in danger of getting pushed aside due to that.

I agree, she seems vulnerable especially because her album is long forgotten. However, she has never missed a BPVA nomination (even as a pure filler) just like Taylor Swift.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Ariana is stronger in Pop Vocal than Taylor. Even though I don’t think either will miss. It could be a 6 album lineup this year but I wouldn’t mind Bieber missing. I didn’t enjoy Justice as much as I did “Changes”. The album is pretty much “Peaches”.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift have both won Best Pop Vocal Album before, so I’m not sure where all this is coming from. They may have not swept but they did win in the pop field, therefore indicating support from pop voters.

That was a hyperbole. She has 1 win in 12 nominations. You’d expect a three-time AOTY winner to snag easy wins in her own field.

But last year for example, she only beat Dua Lipa in AOTY because of loyal Country/American Roots voters. Those are the ones who have consistantly supported her since 2008. She won BPVA with 1989 because that album was undeniable and the lineup was weak.

Similarly, Billie managed to win ROTY twice, but she has yet to win BPSP. Her support comes primarily from Alternative/Rock/technical voters.

Hell, Gaga & Ariana are complete duds in the General Field, yet they have somehow had a better track record in Pop than both Taylor and apparently Billie by a few years, if Olivia sweeps this year.

FYC:

Album of the Year: "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves
    Record of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

anyways, both Ariana & Taylor are making it to BPVA again.

• BPVA
      1. Olivia Rodrigo
      2. Billie Eilish
      3. Justin Bieber
      4. Ariana Grande
      5. Taylor Swift
      6. (Ed Sheeran)
    • BPSP
      1. Olivia Rodrigo
      2. Billie Eilish
      3. Ed Sheeran
      4. Ariana Grande
      5. Lil Nas X
      6. (Justin Bieber)
    • BPD/GP is a hot mess and three ideal frontrunners (Levitating Remix, Peaches and Save Your Tears Remix) will/may not even be submitted here, so Tony & Gaga have this on lock

FYC:

Album of the Year: "star-crossed" by Kacey Musgraves
    Record of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier
    Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like Positions and even I know that nobody thinks it is among her best work. I’m not as confident that she’ll get nominations as others are.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Pop field what I want to happen.

Best Pop Vocal Album

• Heaven and Hell- Ava Max
    • Sour- Olivia Rodrigo
    • Happier Than Ever- Billie Eilish
    • Wonder- Shawn Mendes
    • Positions- Ariana Grande

Alt- Love Goes- Sam Smith

Best Pop Solo Performance

• My Head and My Heart- Ava Max
    • Diamonds- Sam Smith
    • Therefore I Am- Billie Eilish
    • Drivers License- Olivia Rodrigo
    • Bad Habits- Ed Sheeran

Alt- All I Know So Far- Pink

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance 

• Bang!- AJR
    • I Get a Kick Out if You- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
    • Prisoner- Miley Cyrus and Dua Lipa
    • Beautiful Mistakes- Maroon 5 and Megan Thee Stallion
    • Leave Before You Love Me- Marshmello and Jonas Brothers

Alt- Fallin’ (Adrenaline)- Why Don’t We

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

Happier Than Ever BPVA

AOTY
    H.E.R. - Back Of My Mind *WINNER*
    Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
    Chris Stapleton - Starting Over
    Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR
    Kacey Musgraves - star-crossed

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

That was a hyperbole. She has 1 win in 12 nominations. You’d expect a three-time AOTY winner to snag easy wins in her own field. But last year for example, she only beat Dua Lipa in AOTY because of loyal Country/American Roots voters. Those are the ones who have consistantly supported her since 2008. She won BPVA with 1989 because that album was undeniable and the lineup was weak. Similarly, Billie managed to win ROTY twice, but she has yet to win BPSP. Her support comes primarily from Alternative/Rock/technical voters. Hell, Gaga & Ariana are complete duds in the General Field, yet they have somehow had a better track record in Pop than both Taylor and apparently Billie by a few years, if Olivia sweeps this year.

Exactly!!

“You Belong With Me”, “Breathe”, “Shake It Off”, “Blank Space”, “Bad Blood”, “You Need To Calm Down”, “cardigan” and “exile” all lost their nominations. Except for “YNTCD” and “Breathe”, it wouldn’t be delusional to think they could’ve won their respective categories.

“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”, “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”, “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Delicate” weren’t even nominated.

Homegirl has an awful track record. I mean, awful. They kinda like her enough to nominate her sometimes, but not enough to win. Some of the losses are justified, but 1/12 is terrible.

I would love for evermore to be nominated in BPVA since, imo, it is miles and miles ahead of the other popular contenders  but I’m not sure.

I’m also losing hope for “willow” in BPSP and specially  for “evermore”/“coney island”/“no body, no crime” in BPDGP.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’d argue that Lil Nas X is in the running to win Pop Solo Performance. I don’t think Olivia Rodrigo is winning it, sorry.

People aren’t ready to have this conversation yet. But yes, Lil Nas X could surprise. 🙃

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

The only possible surprise I can personally see for BPSP is Lil Nas X for Call Me By Your Name.

As we’ve seen in the past, the biggest songs of the year and presumed “locks” have lost in this category.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.