Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 608 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
Gucci
lipabridgerst..
  • Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Honey, Lorde will probably release the best pop album of the year but still will get entirely shut out. The Grammys, especially in the pop field, are reserved for people who perform on the charts only (even though the NARAS claims otherwise).

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

And considering she’s only had two album, that IS a hit and a miss…?

With that logic, let’s predict Alessia Cara too, then.

Lorde also missed nominations in her follow-up year for “Team” so don’t act like I’m only using 2 Grammy ceremonies as a reference. Voters moved on.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

BPVA (for noms, not wins. separated by strength)

Billie
    Olivia
    ——-
    Taylor
    Ariana
    ——-
    Lil Nas X
    Justin
    Doja
    ——-
    Miley
    Demi
    Shawn
    ——-
    Lorde
    Lana

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

With that logic, let’s predict Alessia Cara too, then.

Lorde also missed nominations in her follow-up year for “Team” so don’t act like I’m only using 2 Grammy ceremonies as a reference. Voters moved on.

The Aleissia Cara logic is more applicable to Meghan Trainor, both of which won BNA and suffered the same “BNA curse”.

For Lorde, Sam Smith is a better comparison.

Aleissia Cara has probably like 0% absolutely no chance of happening while Sam Smith on the other hand probably still has around 15-20% chance. Or has a small probability to be at least a surprise nominee. Probably making it at the Top 10/15 for BPVA (Pop Vocal Album).

Aleissia Cara is probably not Top 15 or 20.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group Performance

Alternates: Lo Vas a Olvidar (Billie Eilish & Rosalía), Even When/The Best Part (Olivia Rodrigo & Joshua Bassett)

Don’t think either of these will happen right now but wouldn’t shocked if Billie or Olivia turn out to be strong enough to Joanne/Un Dia themselves to a namecheck filler nom in a weaker category.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

With that logic, let’s predict Alessia Cara too, then. Lorde also missed nominations in her follow-up year for “Team” so don’t act like I’m only using 2 Grammy ceremonies as a reference. Voters moved on.

But I definitely agree with how fickle voters can be. Sam Smith in this regard, from almost absolutely sweeping the entire field, to not even getting a single nomination for their* follow-up work. Should’ve gotten at least one nomination. Which what almost, IMO similarly happened to Lorde.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

This would be my ranking for Pop Album, from most to least likely:

Sour
    Happier Than Ever

Likely
    Positions
    Evermore

Possible
    Justice
    Montero
    Planet Her

Long shots
    Dancing with the Devil
    Solar Power
    Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    Plastic Hearts
    Fuck Love
    Wonder
    All I Know So Far
    Be
    Jordi

Jury is out on Halsey but she will most likely be a long shot. Anyone I forgot is probably not a serious contender.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

So where is Doja going Progressive R&B or Pop?

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

The Aleissia Cara logic is more applicable to Meghan Trainor, both of which won BNA and suffered the same “BNA curse”.

Alessia Cara’s career trajectory has been strange, especially since the music that has come after her debut is much better…

She did a song with Amy Winehouse’s producer Salaam Remi and its great:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDcXK_SqJA&ab_channel=AlessiaCaraVEVO

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

So where is Doja going Progressive R&B or Pop?

If she goes Progressive… they’ll move her to Pop

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I’m starting to think ‘Levitating’ is not the frunt runner for Best Pop Duo/Group. ‘Kiss Me More’ & ‘Peaches’ seems like better winners to me. I love ‘Levitating’ and it’s my favorite song out of the three but I can’t see the Grammys awarding DaBaby for “Best” anything.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I’m starting to think ‘Levitating’ is not the frunt runner for Best Pop Duo/Group. ‘Kiss Me More’ & ‘Peaches’ seems like better winners to me. I love ‘Levitating’ and it’s my favorite song out of the three but I can’t see the Grammys awarding DaBaby for “Best” anything.

Dababy has never won a Grammy, but Dua Lipa is fresh off her Best Pop Vocal Album win, Levitating will become the longest charting female song inside top10 of Billboard Hot 100 ever, I expect a high profile campaign in Sept/Oct for the song.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Lana Del Rey and Lorde CANNOT absolutely happen in Best Pop Vocal Album.  The competition is way too stiff.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“Levitating” is the biggest hit of the year and Dua Lipa is quickly becoming a voter favorite. Unless Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett release a single before the deadline, she’s winning.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Alessia Cara’s career trajectory has been strange, especially since the music that has come after her debut is much better… She did a song with Amy Winehouse’s producer Salaam Remi and its great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDcXK_SqJA&ab_channel=AlessiaCaraVEVO

Wishing her the best. It’s kind of a thing with these BNA winners recently. With the exception of maybe Dua and hopefully Meghan. They’ve also started catering to a lot more mainstream artists for this award.

If she goes Progressive… they’ll move her to Pop

Yeah, I think so too. Imo she’s getting underestimated. Doja might surprise on BPVA. 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.