Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 606 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Gucci
almanzarlamar..
  • Profile picture
    Zello
    Topics:

But I definitely agree with how fickle voters can be. Sam Smith in this regard, from almost absolutely sweeping the entire field, to not even getting a single nomination for his follow-up work. Should’ve gotten at least one nomination. Which what almost, IMO similarly happened to Lorde.

Sam goes by They/Them pronouns, for some the Grammys are just over Sam when they keep bringing favorable results both critically (all albums are still green in metacritic) and commercially (Love Goes being an multi billion streamed album and waiting for it’s platinum certification in the states), it’s ridiculous at best

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Sam goes by They/Them pronouns, for some the Grammys are just over Sam when they keep bringing favorable results both critically (all albums are still green in metacritic) and commercially (Love Goes being an multi billion streamed album and waiting for it’s platinum certification in the states), it’s ridiculous at best

Oh so sorry for that.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Sam goes by They/Them pronouns, for some the Grammys are just over Sam when they keep bringing favorable results both critically (all albums are still green in metacritic) and commercially (Love Goes being an multi billion streamed album and waiting for it’s platinum certification in the states), it’s ridiculous at best

**Also I appreciate the heads up.

Absolutely. I agree. I never understood the sudden shut out for them. Sam didn’t reached the heights of their earlier music (which btw was extremely massive) but they never really “flopped” or underperformed in an unprecedented way. (commercially and critically) “Thrill Of It All” (and their works after) was an album that absolutely deseved at least some recognition. So overlooked.

Profile picture
    Zello
    Topics:

Sam’s In The Lonely Hour album was definitely their peak era but amazingly they have remained consistent in both the USA (62M RIAA units sold) and Globally (over 30M albums sold), it’s just so puzzling…

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Sam’s In The Lonely Hour album was definitely their peak era but amazingly they have remained consistent in both the USA (62M RIAA units sold) and Globally (over 30M albums sold), it’s just so puzzling…

Yeah. For sure. They actually had a decent sophomore year than most to be honest. Also kudos to the fact that they have continued to do and explore different sounds/music since then..

**Also for Grammys 2019 (Pop categories) Camila Cabello that year imo should’ve gotten BPSP(Pop Solo Performance) and ROTY (for “Havana”). Sam Smith for BPVA (Pop Vocal Album).

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Sam Smith & Normani deserved a nod for DWAS. The Grammys did them dirty.

Profile picture
    Zello
    Topics:

The fact that was snubbed when it was still one of biggest hits of 2019,  that clearly showed they suddenly have an negative bias towards Sam, I just don’t know why…

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

With that logic, let’s predict Alessia Cara too, then.

Lorde also missed nominations in her follow-up year for “Team” so don’t act like I’m only using 2 Grammy ceremonies as a reference. Voters moved on.

Huh

There’s zero correlation between Lana/Lorde and Alessia Cara and that’s a matter of common sense. She’s quite literally a one hit wonder while both of them are respected, acclaimed artists. They’re pretty much above her in commercial success too.

Nevertheless, I only mentioned a possibility. I’m not predicting them either but merely suggesting them as a wildcard in BPVA because as long as they’re in contention and they have a history at the Grammys, they are a possibility no mattter how unlikely.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

There’s zero correlation between Lana/Lorde and Alessia Cara and that’s a matter of common sense. She’s quite literally a one hit wonder while both of them are respected, acclaimed artists. They’re pretty much above her in commercial success too.

No, she isn’t. She has four top ten hits (which is more than Lana and Lorde combined).

A little fact checking would help next time you want to pop off. In any case, your argument is only a distraction. The point is that like Alessia Cara, voters have moved on from Lana and Lorde.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

“Levitating” is the biggest hit of the year and Dua Lipa is quickly becoming a voter favorite. Unless Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett release a single before the deadline, she’s winning.

is she? she struggled to won Pop Solo which was almost a lock according to GD

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

is she? she struggled to won Pop Solo which was almost a lock according to GD

It was not a lock. She was competing against a smash hit by Harry Styles, a hit single from the artist who swept the previous year’s Grammys, a song from the AOTY frontrunner (and eventual winner), and another big, ROTY-nominated hit from that year.

“Levitating” is clearly the frontrunner for Pop Duo/Group Performance. Its biggest competition is from Justin Bieber, who she has more Grammys than (and who she beat out for an award just this year), who doesn’t have a solo Grammy to his name, and who failed to win the category with a much bigger hit a few years ago.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Spotify:
    Levitating – 1.1 billion
    Peaches – 677.3 million
    Kiss Me More – 518.2 million

Last year’s Grammy pop categories:
    Pop Solo – Dua, Bieber, Doja nominated
    Pop Duo/Group – Dua & Bieber nominated
    Pop Album – Dua and Bieber nominated, Doja passed over, Dua won

Pretty clear cut to me

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance:

Olivia Rodrigo – Driver’s license
    Lil Nas X – Montero (Call Me By Your Name)
    Billie EIlish – Therefore I am
    Ariana Grande – postions
    Taylor Swift – Willow

Ed Sheeran – Bad Habbits

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:

Doja Cat f/ SZA – Kiss Me More
    Justin Bieber – Peaches (feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon)
    Coldplay – Higher Power
    Dua Lipa (DaBaby) – Levitating (Remix)
    Maroon 5 (Megan Thee Stallion) – Beautiful Mistakes

Gaga & Tony if they drop music.

Best Pop Vocal Album:

Taylor Swift – evermore
    Billie Eilish – Happier than Ever
    Olivia Rodrigo – Sour
    Justin Bieber – Jusitice
    Lil Nas X – Montero
    Lorde – Solar Power
    Ariana Grande – Positions
    Doja Cat – Planet HER

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Ariana should be higher, she’s never missed pop vocal with all her albums since my everything.

Sour ~ Olivia Rodrigo

Evermore ~ Taylor Swift

Justice ~ Justin Bieber

Positions ~ Ariana Grande

Happier Than Ever ~ Billie Eilish

strong 5

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

I think a everyone predicting a win for Levitating (Remix) is forgetting one thing, Dababy, who is one of the most deplorable faces in music currently and hasn’t received love in his own rap field. Rockstar should have been a easily win.

Keep in mind Pop voters are more sensitive about the character of the artist they are/aren’t voting for.

I think best pop duo will go to Peaches or Kiss Me More. I almost forgot Gaga and Tony but if they drop, then I predict them.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 606 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.