Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 686 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Will Kacey submit “star-crossed” to Pop Solo?

I don’t think so. She has no competition in Country (maybe Chris Stapleton) whereas Pop is STACKED.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

I’d love to be able to listen to the song in full/completely when it comes out tbh!

Well fortunately it’s out at midnight local time. I too am wondering if they’ll submit this or IGAKOOY. I know for their previous album (although they didn’t get individual song nominations) they submitted the title track instead of the lead single “Anything Goes” in Pop Duo

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

If BPVA has 6 nominees, assuming Billie, Olivia, Ariana, Taylor & Justin get in, do you think Doja or Lil Nas X have better chances for the last slot?

For me it’s Planet Her. Lots of hits from that album. MONTERO is okay (it’s already out for me in the UK) but I feel like Doja’s chances are higher.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Lil Nas for Album, Reclrd and Song of the Year! We Stan!!!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Doja has been stable commercially since her album release and the PLANET HER era is actually great overall then she’s proving to a Pop/Rap force as a artist. Kiss Me More is also growing with its certifications. I’m convinced she’ll be a nominee in Album and definitely Pop Duo

“Ain’t Shit” is steady growing on Spotify as well

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Well fortunately it’s out at midnight local time. I too am wondering if they’ll submit this or IGAKOOY. I know for their previous album (although they didn’t get individual song nominations) they submitted the title track instead of the lead single “Anything Goes” in Pop Duo

And It Don’t Mean a Thing for ROTY, it was all over the place lol

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

If BPVA has 6 nominees, assuming Billie, Olivia, Ariana, Taylor & Justin get in, do you think Doja or Lil Nas X have better chances for the last slot? For me it’s Planet Her. Lots of hits from that album. MONTERO is okay (it’s already out for me in the UK) but I feel like Doja’s chances are higher.

I don’t know I feel like if it’s 6 noms, All 5 women are getting in. It will just be Justin vs. Lil Nas for the only “male pop act”

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

If BPVA has 6 nominees, assuming Billie, Olivia, Ariana, Taylor & Justin get in, do you think Doja or Lil Nas X have better chances for the last slot?

For me it’s Planet Her. Lots of hits from that album. MONTERO is okay (it’s already out for me in the UK) but I feel like Doja’s chances are higher.

I agree Doja Cat may have the upper hand. Still waiting for more reviews to kick in for Montero, if it does well in critical reception that may tip the scales in Lil Nas’s favor.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Given Changes being nominated, I wouldn’t care much about reviews tbh

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Montero >> Believe.

I would really love if Bieber misses. And for Taylor to compete in Alternative. (I know this won’t happen) but it would free up Pop Vocal Album a bit.

I also feel like RCA will be doing a disservice to Doja if they don’t go Progressive R&B

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

If it’s “Montero” vs “Planet Her”, it’s easily the former, which seems to also be competitive in the AoTY category. “Planet Her” needs to fight for a BPVA nom first. Btw, the whole “Planet Her” hype here sounds like a filter bubble created by Doja’s fans. “Kiss Me More” is my top 3 fav song this year, but I hear few about everything else from that album. It is now at #6 or #7 in BPVA for me.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Lil Nas X gets 100/100 from Independent and Guardian. He’s coming.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

If it’s “Montero” vs “Planet Her”, it’s easily the former, which seems to also be competitive in the AoTY category. “Planet Her” needs to fight for a BPVA nom first. Btw, the whole “Planet Her” hype here sounds like a filter bubble created by Doja’s fans. “Kiss Me More” is my top 3 fav song this year, but I hear few about everything else from that album. It is now at #6 or #7 in BPVA for me.

you’ve been living under a rock then. the album was released nearly 3 months ago but still has 6 songs charting simultaneously, the album is absolutely everywhere. ‘woman’, an album track, has been in the top 10 of global spotify for weeks and is charting in the top 10 of several international charts. the hype is definitey not ‘made up’

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I also feel like RCA will be doing a disservice to Doja if they don’t go Progressive R&B

Idk. The genre screening committee could easily move her back to Pop. I don’t think they’ll see her as a R&B artist or Planet HER as a Progressive R&B album.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

In terms of BPVA, I think Montero has a much better chance than Planet Her but I can’t help but feel deja vu from last year. Last year everyone was saying if their were 6 nominees than The Weeknd and Post would both get in and then Bieber got in over both of them. I could easily see the 4 (Taylor, Ariana, Olivia, and Billie) getting in and the 5th being someone not as often predicted. (probably Bieber again). There are a lot of previous BPVA nominated artists with albums that aren’t being predicted that could sneak in over Lil Nas X or Doja.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.