Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 686 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeC66xB5cJQKwyST8fIYrDK3ignJMiwXDWagcc-oDGPxBNKHA/viewform?usp=sf_link

These are the polls! If there is a song or album you wish to vote for that is eligible for the 64th Grammy awards that isn’t on there let me know before you vote. With the settings each person can only vote once and once you have voted you cannot change what you have put so make sure to let me know before so you can get your vote in for the songs/albums. You can vote for as many as you want in each category but keep in mind there will be 5 nominees per category and an artist can only be nominated once per category. You can vote up until 10PM EST tomorrow night. I am excited for this and hope you guys have fun filling it out!

I didn’t see my universe there. We don’t know if Coldplay will submit but it’s a possibility. Also, is there a way to alphabetize the list like the grammys do?

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I didn’t see my universe there. We don’t know if Coldplay will submit but it’s a possibility. Also, is there a way to alphabetize the list like the grammys do?

Didn’t know My Universe had already released will add, can’t alphabetize without redoing the whole form. Sorry

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Didn’t know My Universe had already released will add, can’t alphabetize without redoing the whole form. Sorry

Golden by Harry Styles isn’t eligible since it was on Fine Line.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Golden by Harry Styles isn’t eligible since it was on Fine Line.

It is since Fine Line didn’t win any album awards.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Also Levitating (remix) might have already been submitted so it should be included in your list.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

It is since Fine Line didn’t win any album awards.

Harry is about to get another nomination then.

But he might also go with TPWK instead of Golden.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Cold Heart (PNAU remix) reached #2 on the UK charts today, that’s huge. Whilst I know the song isn’t as high on the Billboard charts, I think the song has some chance of a BPDGP nomination. This could be strong competition for KMM, would they award a veteran and last year’s BPVA winner, or would they be more likely to vote the bigger hit with two artists who’ve never gotten a Grammy?

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Harry is about to get another nomination then. But he might also go with TPWK instead of Golden.

Added Treat People With Kindness and Levitating (Remix)

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Kiss Me More is winning BPDP. This is the win that would generate the most positive headlines for BPDP.
    1. Kiss Me More is one of biggest hits of 2021

2. It would be Sza and Doja Cat first win.

3. It will be the first time in a long time two black woman won this award.

Driver’s License is winning SOTY. Good 4 U may be bigger on the Charts but Driver’s License was a phenomenon.

Call Me By Your Name for Best Music Video. The music video with a statement and generated a lot of headlines.

Those are wins I’m confident in.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Wonder what twenty one pilots submissions will be

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

if nominated, im still betting on Gaga/Tony; they’ll have the strongest narrative and exposure come nomination and voting rounds (L4S being released next week with promotion carried throughout the season including 3 documentaries being released plus both will have the easiest recognition out of all the expected nominee’s w their long history in the pop field; in addition w HOG being released, if the reception is good, then it’ll probably translate to a name check for voters to check off like what happened with Joanne/ASIB 2 years ago)

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I think Ariana could easily get into AOTY without a committee. I don’t think she’s winning anything though

EASILY is a BIG BOLD word

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Wonder what twenty one pilots submissions will be

Saturday – Pop Duo/Group
    Shy Away – ROTY,SOTY, Rock Perf, Rock Song
    Scaled and Icy – AOTY, Alt Album

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Kiss Me More is winning BPDP. This is the win that would generate the most positive headlines for BPDP. 1. Kiss Me More is one of biggest hits of 2021 2. It would be Sza and Doja Cat first win. 3. It will be the first time in a long time two black woman won this award. Driver’s License is winning SOTY. Good 4 U may be bigger on the Charts but Driver’s License was a phenomenon. Call Me By Your Name for Best Music Video. The music video with a statement and generated a lot of headlines. Those are wins I’m confident in.

I agree with you completely on BMV and SOTY but I don’t really get the reasoning behind BPDGP.  First I want to point out that it would be the first time period that two black women won the award. Gaga and Ariana were the first all women winners just last year. Second, your reasoning seems more like why you would pick them than why they would actually win. Kiss Me More could definitely win, I’m not denying that, but if it does it won’t be for those reasons. The Grammys couldn’t care less about who’s first win it could be or the race and gender of the performers, they are going to vote for who they want.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Kiss Me More is winning BPDP. This is the win that would generate the most positive headlines for BPDP. 1. Kiss Me More is one of biggest hits of 2021 2. It would be Sza and Doja Cat first win. 3. It will be the first time in a long time two black woman won this award. Driver’s License is winning SOTY. Good 4 U may be bigger on the Charts but Driver’s License was a phenomenon. Call Me By Your Name for Best Music Video. The music video with a statement and generated a lot of headlines. Those are wins I’m confident in.

Would love for “Kiss Me More” to win but also there’s part of me that doesn’t because of Dr. Luke producing it (I know he doesn’t win the award but he still gets a certificate). Agree with you on SOTY & BMV

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.