Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 686 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

ariana is always nominated what do you mean? It’s not like Planet HER is the a monster of a beast. It’s okay, but definitely not bigger in eyes of Positions from Ariana

I mean its sells aren’t quite “monstrous”, but it looks like it could go number one next week after two months of release and never falling out of the top five. While Doja does have three songs in the top twenty Billboard right now. It also has recency on its side. I could definitely see it missing. But I wouldn’t be dismissive towards it.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I haven’t listened to Stay yet, but Kid laroi seems those white ‘edgy’ dudes that blends rap with whatever they find in the studio

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

We don’t care. I hope Kiss me more wins because of doja cat and doja cat only🤞

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

pop albums predictions

olivia rodrigo (lock)

billie eilish (lock)

bieber (scooter braun)

doja cat (pop radio is spamming her)

either taylor swift or agrande

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

As much as i love Taylor, she may be also vulnerable in Pop vocal too with evermore. She needs to do something because the album had one single in Dec. 2020.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

ok Stay is the worst song I’ve heard this year. It’s serving mid-2010s fake deepness of radio songs.

aren’t we way past that? who is streaming?

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

As much as i love Taylor, she may be also vulnerable in Pop vocal too with evermore. She needs to do something because the album had one single in Dec. 2020.

She’ll get in like she did for Lover. The issue is with these new crop of voters that they have and with the limited amount of categories/ genre you can vote for it’s gonna be interesting to see how she fares. I think she’s going to be in Album of the Year even if she misses pop vocal album. Whereas, I can see Ariana making Pop Vocal but not being top 8 in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

will doja cat ever be nominated in the rap field? she’s like black eyed peas.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I don’t see her making rap. She could submit “Need To Know” to Melodic though.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

She’ll get in like she did for Lover. The issue is with these new crop of voters that they have and with the limited amount of categories/ genre you can vote for it’s gonna be interesting to see how she fares.

difference b/t Lover & evermore is that Lover was basically released towards the end of Grammy eligibility w proper promo down the line, while evermore was basically a non-event era released in the very beginning of eligibility, meant for capitulating and securing folklore’s AOTY trophy. Swift has virtually done nothing for the era since then, except release loads of vinyl

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Why are we discussing Doja in Pop Vocal Album?? There’s NO WAY she’s happening over Justin, Ariana or Taylor. Doja will most likely only get ROTY & BPDGP for Kiss Me More.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I don’t see her making rap. She could submit “Need To Know” to Melodic though.

Need to Know is more R&B than Rap. But I can see Best Friend getting in Melodic Rap if they’re lucky. She should submit:

Need to Know – Pop Solo
    Ain’t Shit – Melodic Rap, Rap Song
    You Right- R&B Perf, R&B Song
    Options – Rap Performance
    Kiss Me More- ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo, Music Video

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

difference b/t Lover & evermore is that Lover was basically released towards the end of Grammy eligibility w proper promo down the line, while evermore was basically a non-event era released in the very beginning of eligibility, meant for capitulating and securing folklore’s AOTY trophy. Swift has virtually done nothing for the era since then, except release loads of vinyl

She’s Taylor Swift. The most awards obsessed Pop star there ever is. You don’t know what she may have up her sleeves come voting season.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

She’s Taylor Swift. The most awards obsessed Pop star there ever is. You don’t know what she may have up her sleeves come voting season.

She’s going to release Red (TV) during voting period.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

will doja cat ever be nominated in the rap field? she’s like black eyed peas.

Black Eyed Peas won 2 Grammys in the Rap categories

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.