Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 686 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

The remixes talk is so funny cuz Coldplay used remixes with higher power, Taylor used remixes to get willow to #1, levitating has tons of remixes, these are just examples cuz I know so many others do this it’s not new.svg” class=”emoji”

Taylor and Coldplay actually have ORGANIC hits though and Taylor’s sales match her streaming numbers. Just throwing that out there.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

LOL. BTS is about to sell out the sofi stadium x4.

And yet here we are pretending they have no American presence.

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Taylor and Coldplay actually have ORGANIC hits though and Taylor’s sales match her streaming numbers. Just throwing that out there.

Okey you sound way too bitter lmao, I’m talking about the use of remixes specifically , also if you know what’s going on in the industry you would know that bts had sold out multiple stadiums in the US b4 they had a #1. Just throwing it out there.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Pretty much every top western artist you can name uses or has used the SAME tactics. Yet, it’s only a problem when BTS does it.

It STINKS in here.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

anyways

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

Okey you sound way too bitter lmao, I’m talking about the use of remixes specifically , also if you know what’s going on in the industry you would know that bts had sold out multiple stadiums in the US b4 they had a #1. Just throwing it out there.

One Direction also sold out stadiums in the U.S. yet their fans never had to mass buy and fraud their way to a top 10 single on Billboard. Speaking of which why do people in your fandom do that? Y’all bring up “stadiums” as if that takes away from the fact of chart fraudulence. You’re not helping your case 😂😂😂.

Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

Does it give you a sense of superiority to invalidate the influence of BTS’s large fanbase and refer to anyone who doesn’t share your opinion as being obtuse? Everything that you said about remixes and all of that is true, but no number of remixes will amount to much on the Billboard charts if the Army weren’t so devoted to BTS and weren’t so huge. So as far as Billboard is a measure of “popularity,” none of that is fake. And please, let’s not pretend that other acts don’t do what BTS is doing or something similar to drive their numbers higher. In fact, many other artists have been criticized before for lumping single/album sales with concert tickets and other merchandise to increase Billboard ratings. How is that different? I won’t go so far as to accuse you of being prejudiced against them because they’re an Asian boyband, but let’s not pretend that this view doesn’t come from prejudice against BTS. Using the phrase “stoop to their level” and eyeroll emojis could hardly mean anything else.

Anyways, here are my final predictions (nominees/winners) since Grammy 2022 eligibility is pretty much closed at this point.

Pop Solo

1. Billie-Therefore I AM [Runner Up]
    2. Olivia-Good 4 U [Winner]
    3. Lil Nas X-Montero
    4. ED Sheeran-Bad Habits
    5. Ariana Grande- Positions

Pop Duo/Group

1. Justin/ Ceasar/ Giveon- Peaches
    2. Bennet/Gaga- I Get a Kick Out of You [Winner]
    3. Doja/SZA – Kiss Me More [Runner Up]
    4. Dua Lipa/DaBaby-Levitating [Runner Up]
    5. Heatwave- Glass Animals

Pop Vocal

1. Lil Nas X- Montero
    2. Olivia Sour- [Runner Up]
    3. Justin Bieber-Justice
    4. Billie Eilish-Happier Than Ever [Winner]
    5. Doja Cat- Planet Her

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2021-2022-grammy-pop-field-contenders-part-5/page/33/#post-1204489951

One Direction also sold out stadiums in the U.S. yet their fans never had to mass buy and fraud their way to a top 10 single on Billboard. Speaking of which why do people in your fandom do that? Y’all bring up “stadiums” as if that takes away from the fact of chart fraudulence. You’re not helping your case 😂😂.

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: even if Save Your Tears is submitted it has zero chance of winning and likely won’t get nominated in BPDGP. The Weeknd wasn’t able to get in on a straight vote with Blinding Lights in BPSP or After Hours in BPVA. If the pop field showed that much lack of support for that era, I can’t see Save Your Tears getting in BPDGP a year later. Obviously the hate on the Grammys won’t affect his chances (see Kanye’s win last year), but the pop votes lack of support of the album will. Ariana’s involvement could carry it to it being this years namecheck filler nom (Ex: Un Dia, Boyfriend, Fall in Line, etc.) but I can’t see it winning by any means. It likely won’t even be submitted though

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: even if Save Your Tears is submitted it has zero chance of winning and likely won’t get nominated in BPDGP. The Weeknd wasn’t able to get in on a straight vote with Blinding Lights in BPSP or After Hours in BPVA. If the pop field showed that much lack of support for that era, I can’t see Save Your Tears getting in BPDGP a year later. Obviously the hate on the Grammys won’t affect his chances (see Kanye’s win last year), but the pop votes lack of support of the album will. Ariana’s involvement could carry it to it being this years namecheck filler nom (Ex: Un Dia, Boyfriend, Fall in Line, etc.) but I can’t see it winning by any means. It likely won’t even be submitted though

Not really unpopular, hardly seen anyone predicting save your tears winning ,also I can’t wait for submissions to get announced I wanna see if dua will submit levitating ft dababy

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

Is Levitating still not eligible for Grammy nominations?

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Solo? Only if it’s a live version.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

This BTS convo is honestly tiring. Y’all can cry and whine all you want but that won’t take away the fact that BTS is one of the most streamed and best selling acts in the world right now with 5 #1 songs. Y’all also said similar things about Dynamite, and look at what happened.

Anyways…

Levitating solo is not eligible, unless she releases a last-minute live version (which is unlikely). The only eligible version is the remix w DaBaby.

Profile picture
    Aribaby
    Topics:

This BTS convo is honestly tiring. Y’all can cry and whine all you want but that won’t take away the fact that BTS is one of the most streamed and best selling acts in the world right now with 5 #1 songs. Y’all also said similar things about Dynamite, and look at what happened.

Rain On Me won.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Rain On Me won.

i know that. i’m talking about nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.