Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 686 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

Rain On Me won.

Gaga will have 2 back to back BPDG wins.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

This BTS convo is honestly tiring. Y’all can cry and whine all you want but that won’t take away the fact that BTS is one of the most streamed and best selling acts in the world right now with 5 #1 songs. Y’all also said similar things about Dynamite, and look at what happened.

Dynamite had a much weaker lineup.

This year there’s 3 legitimately huge songs in contention (“Levitating”, “Kiss Me More”, “Stay”/”Peaches”) and a possible 4th depending on where “Industry Baby” goes. There’s also 3 separate songs that while they underperformed, are still by grammy favourites (“I Get A Kick Out Of You”, “Skate”, and “Lo Vas A Olvidar.”)

It’s great that BTS got a nomination during one of the weakest pop duo lineups ever. It does not mean they’re guaranteed a nomination this year.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    avantaegard
    Topics:

“stoop to their level” it’s disgusting the way you talk about BTS, they didn’t do anything bad or against the rules. Every big artist releases remixes and does bundles, Butter only had 3 remixes for almost all its weeks at #1.  If billboard was bothered beyond some journalist who makes shady take on kpop, they would change their rules, but they won’t because those were real sales that were not fraudulent. I mean billboard discounted dua’a vpn sales, if armys were going against the rules they would act. BTS has an actual huge audience in the US that is willing to support them and there’s nothing wrong with that, y’all can stay bitter. And no one is talking anout a win, we’re talking about nominations and they do have a chance at being nominated

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Olivia can kiss that Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy goodbye. Adele is coming.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

is it confirmed?? omg

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

is it confirmed?? omg

Big radio dj’s in the UK have seem to confirmed it. Billboard also posted Adele’s chart success on Twitter this morning.

Profile picture
    Aribaby
    Topics:

“stoop to their level” it’s disgusting the way you talk about BTS, they didn’t do anything bad or against the rules. Every big artist releases remixes and does bundles, Butter only had 3 remixes for almost all its weeks at #1. If billboard was bothered beyond some journalist who makes shady take on kpop, they would change their rules, but they won’t because those were real sales that were not fraudulent. I mean billboard discounted dua’a vpn sales, if armys were going against the rules they would act. BTS has an actual huge audience in the US that is willing to support them and there’s nothing wrong with that, y’all can stay bitter. And no one is talking anout a win, we’re talking about nominations and they do have a chance at being nominated

Technically, everyone who submits has a chance of being nominated. Plus, no one outside of your fandom thinks that Butter was a organic hit song. This isn’t stan Twitter. Website sales, VPNS, outside funds and group mass buying were the only reasons that song was #1 for so long. Just accept it and move on because we don’t care.

Profile picture
    Aribaby
    Topics:

Omg! If Adele really is coming before the deadline then competition is about to be crazy. It’ll be Adele vs Bruno in SOTY/ROTY. Olivia or Billie can kiss Pop Solo Performance goodbye if Adele is nominated.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I assume Adele will drop on the 1st since it’s Friday.

Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

“stoop to their level” it’s disgusting the way you talk about BTS, they didn’t do anything bad or against the rules. Every big artist releases remixes and does bundles, Butter only had 3 remixes for almost all its weeks at #1. If billboard was bothered beyond some journalist who makes shady take on kpop, they would change their rules, but they won’t because those were real sales that were not fraudulent. I mean billboard discounted dua’a vpn sales, if armys were going against the rules they would act. BTS has an actual huge audience in the US that is willing to support them and there’s nothing wrong with that, y’all can stay bitter. And no one is talking anout a win, we’re talking about nominations and they do have a chance at being nominated

Anyways, if Adele is really coming this Friday (October 1st) that will be very interesting. I actually read on some music insider pages that Silk Sonic may be releasing a collab song with another artist October 8th. Artists don’t like releasing when Adele releases so now I’m very skeptical.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion but BTS isn’t getting snubbed. If butter doesn’t get in, my universe will. But I’m actually betting butter edges out my universe.

You guys really let your personal feelings about BTS cloud your judgement. Just because YOU don’t like them or the song doesn’t mean voters don’t. I’ve been seeing it covered a ton recently in prime time TV + BTS has good promo this year including from Good Morning America to the United Nations to late night shows to even McDonald’s and the MET.

If you think they’re getting in, that’s fine, but quit harassing us for not including them. There are plenty of valid reasons to believe they’ll miss besides our “personal feelings.”

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Anyways, I don’t know if the Grammys are ready to nominate a song with Korean lyrics in it but we’ll see.

If BTS don’t get nominated, this is not going to be the reason 💀

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: even if Save Your Tears is submitted it has zero chance of winning and likely won’t get nominated in BPDGP. The Weeknd wasn’t able to get in on a straight vote with Blinding Lights in BPSP or After Hours in BPVA. If the pop field showed that much lack of support for that era, I can’t see Save Your Tears getting in BPDGP a year later.

The amount of media coverage The Weeknd’s snub got last year could be a factor

Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Omg now I hope this happens just to watch the twinks on this forum lose their sht

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Technically, everyone who submits has a chance of being nominated. Plus, no one outside of your fandom thinks that Butter was a organic hit song. This isn’t stan Twitter. Website sales, VPNS, outside funds and group mass buying were the only reasons that song was #1 for so long. Just accept it and move on because we don’t care.

Yall obviously DO care.

No one outside of Stan twitter cares AT ALL, however one thing that they DO talk consistently and constantly about is the fact that radio plays the same thing OVER AND OVER again.

The same measurement that keeps a lot of y’all faves songs at #1 or the top 10 for weeks/months on end.

The things you mentioned every artist has and fanbase does.. minus the VPN. Well save that for the Justin and Dua stans (well save the payola for her too.. shout-out to Rolling Stone.)

And lets not not forget that 2 of Ariana’s #1s were “inorganic” Rain On Me was propelled to #1 with the help of bundles (which physicals didn’t even arrive on that tracking week) nor was it the most streamed song that week. (Since y’all love to bark about how how we’re in the streaming era)

Stuck With u always was a fraudulent #1 by y’all logic. Multiple bundles (again with physicals that count first week but aren’t shipped until weeks later) AND a radio deal garnering over 26M in audience. Not to mention that the #1 most streamed song that week had almost 3x the amount of streams (55M vs 28.1M). So it’s fine because we all hate 69 but he should of had his #1 song since y’all care so much about the preservation of the charts.

Keep that same energy for y’all late ass faves and the stunts and backdoor deals their team pulls and buys.

At at the end of the day BTS has 1.36B on demand US streams in 2021 with no album out, and Dynamite and Butter has outstreamed and outsold those two Ariana tracks.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.