Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 686 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
naveand24
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Dua really fucked up. She could have released Levitating Live for Studio 2054 or a different remix with a non homophobic artist.

Can a remix being eligible for Pop Duo tho?

If I’m not wrong it has been said that ‘Dawn of Chromatica’ is only eligible for remixes category, so the same should be applied to Levitating with DaBaby.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

We really deserved “If It Ain’t Me” with Normani or “Levitating Remix” feat. Megan

</p>
    Normani’s team blocked that feat but I never understood why Dua didn’t go to Megan for levitating remix.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Best Remix Recording, Non-Classical is for recordings that have a change or a remix in the production . ANY songs from “The Dawn Of Chromatica” & another example would be “Summertime Sadness” remix that was nominated before .

DaBaby just added a verse to the original song and production didn’t change  .. so it’ll be eligible for Pop Duo because it makes it a different version of the song just like “Savage with Beyoncé & Megan”

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

wouldn’t Cold Heart fit that criteria then? cause i’m still confused on whether it’s only eligible for Best Remixed Recording or for more

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Best Remix Recording, Non-Classical is for recordings that have a change or a remix in the production . ANY songs from “The Dawn Of Chromatica” & another example would be “Summertime Sadness” remix that was nominated before . DaBaby just added a verse to the original song and production didn’t change .. so it’ll be eligible for Pop Duo because it makes it a different version of the song just like “Savage with Beyoncé & Megan”

I see, I thought (or maybe read somebody claiming) that an added verse to a song released in the previous Grammy cycle couldn’t make it to Pop Duo.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Can a remix being eligible for Pop Duo tho?

If I’m not wrong it has been said that ‘Dawn of Chromatica’ is only eligible for remixes category, so the same should be applied to Levitating with DaBaby.

Well the Savage one with Bey was eligible, though I guess that’s because it was released in the same eligibility period as the original and they chose to go with that version.
    So with the Dawn of Chromatica remixes, I originally believed that they could get away with sending some of them to Best Dance/Electronic Recording (they would have a better chance there than Pop Duo/Group) if they remain close to the original version (like the Free Woman and Babylon ones with Rina and Bree) since more stereotypical remixes (like 1000 Doves for example) would obviously go to Remixed Recording.
    However, I just recently saw this rule for the dance category: “Dance remixes are eligible in the Best Remixed Recording category only and may not be entered in Best Dance/Electronic Recording. Note: Recording MUST contain 51% new material. If the vocals or any significant part of the music have not been recorded within the last 5 years, or were released prior to this year’s eligibility period, it can only be entered in Best Remixed Recording.”
    So it’s possible they’ll consider all the remixes as too dancey and Gaga’s vocals being from last year as an issue. So I checked Pop Duo/Group and they don’t have that rule. Gaga’s submission there will be from Love For Sale so that’s not happening. So since they’re less strict in Pop, the Levitate remix would be eligible there I assume.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

wouldn’t Cold Heart fit that criteria then? cause i’m still confused on whether it’s only eligible for Best Remixed Recording or for more

I’m confused too because “Cold Heart” is basically recycled lyrics of his old songs into a new song with brand new production. I’m predicting it still in Best Remixed Recording.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

I’m confused too because “Cold Heart” is basically recycled lyrics of his old songs into a new song with brand new production. I’m predicting it still in Best Remixed Recording.

not to mention eltons vocals on the song are from the original recording of Sacrifice, which should make it ineligible for anything thats not Best Remixed Recording.

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

Justin Bieber, “Anyone”

That Camila Cabello reject song is NOT happening. He is not going submit it lol. He will probably submit “Hold On”, but either way he’s still probably not happening in pop solo!
    He will get his Pop Duo and Pop vocal album noms though

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

Maybe Dua will submit Levitating to Pop Solo

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

We really deserved “If It Ain’t Me” with Normani or “Levitating Remix” feat. Megan

You really need more Dua Lipa music right now? you arent tired? 😭

Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

Thank God Adele is back.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Maybe Dua will submit Levitating to Pop Solo

it’s not eligible unless is a live version

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Republic Records confirmed they will not submit SYT Remix a few days ago, so yeah it’s out of contention

Where did they say that?

Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

Anyone think La Noche De Anoche can sneak in BPDGP

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.