Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 578 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I too agree. 🤢 I don’t really get the reasoning behind those random collabs with BTS, Selena Gomez and Jacob Collier other than desperation for charts and another AOTY nom. Coldplay do NOT need to make garbage pop music and collabs to produce a great record, but I guess gone are those days.

They’ve been relying on collabs since they did the Super Bowl

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Cold Heart is officially #1 in the UK. Dua and John are coming for that Best Pop Collaboration (it’s her 4th #1 single in the UK while still not one in the US 🙄)

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Cold Heart is officially #1 in the UK. Dua and John are coming for that Best Pop Collaboration (it’s her 4th #1 single in the UK while still not one in the US 🙄)

Well deserved. Insane to think Elton John has had a UK number one in both the 1970s and the 2020s!

It does seem to have good chances in BPDGP. If DaBaby’s drama never happened, then Cold Heart may have never even been an option in the Grammys but now it seems like the most logical choice for Dua’s team to submit for this category.

I’m gonna predict the following submissions for Dua:
    BPSP – We’re Good (probably won’t get a nomination)
    BPDGP – Cold Heart (likely to get a nomination imo)
    Best Remixed Recording – Cold Heart (I’m assuming anyway?)
    Best Music Video – Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus)

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Well deserved. Insane to think Elton John has had a UK number one in both the 1970s and the 2020s!

It does seem to have good chances in BPDGP. If DaBaby’s drama never happened, then Cold Heart may have never even been an option in the Grammys but now it seems like the most logical choice for Dua’s team to submit for this category.

I’m gonna predict the following submissions for Dua:
    BPSP – We’re Good (probably won’t get a nomination)
    BPDGP – Cold Heart (likely to get a nomination imo)
    Best Remixed Recording – Cold Heart (I’m assuming anyway?)
    Best Music Video – Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus)

Submissions are closed. Chances are the label already submitted Levitating.

Levitating – ROTY, Pop Duo
    We’re Good – SOTY, Pop Solo
    Love Again – Music Video

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

Well deserved. Insane to think Elton John has had a UK number one in both the 1970s and the 2020s! It does seem to have good chances in BPDGP. If DaBaby’s drama never happened, then Cold Heart may have never even been an option in the Grammys but now it seems like the most logical choice for Dua’s team to submit for this category. I’m gonna predict the following submissions for Dua: BPSP – We’re Good (probably won’t get a nomination) BPDGP – Cold Heart (likely to get a nomination imo) Best Remixed Recording – Cold Heart (I’m assuming anyway?) Best Music Video – Prisoner (with Miley Cyrus)

Really hope for cold heart grammy nomination! P.S. Prisoner is Miley’s single, Dua will not submit that song, she’s credited as a feature, not a lead singer as Miley, especially she will not submit in best music video that Miley co-directed, it’s up on Miley’s team to submit.

Profile picture
    acrxn
    Topics:

I haven’t been following the Grammys discussion much this year, but is it confirmed that Evermore is going into the pop categories? Folklore going into pop makes more sense than Evermore and Folklore was still at a disadvantage for not being pop enough in the category seeing as it lost, and yet still managed to take AOTY, but I don’t know what other categories Evermore could fit in. I know many still consider it pop, but it is almost entirely produced by Dessner and I’ve heard many people say you could easily throw The National on most of these songs and it definitely wouldn’t be considered pop then. I mean the album has about the same amount of songs on it that I would consider country (no body, no crime, cowboy like me, right where you left me) than songs I would consider pop (willow, gold rush, long story short), if not more (dorothea, ivy), so could it even be considered for that category?

(Sorry if this has already been a large part of the discussion and I’m being annoying by rehashing it since I haven’t kept up. I know last year there was a bit of a debate whether Folklore would be going into pop or not.)

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Really hope for cold heart grammy nomination! P.S. Prisoner is Miley’s single, Dua will not submit that song, she’s credited as a feature, not a lead singer as Miley, especially she will not submit in best music video that Miley co-directed, it’s up on Miley’s team to submit.

Yeah. Prisoner is a Miley submission and will be a Miley Cyrus submission due to its music video. Not sure if Dua can submit it.

But if ever.. I’m presuming the video becomes an entirely different submission from the song (?) since the video was released by Miley.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I haven’t been following the Grammys discussion much this year, but is it confirmed that Evermore is going into the pop categories? Folklore going into pop makes more sense than Evermore and Folklore was still at a disadvantage for not being pop enough in the category seeing as it lost, and yet still managed to take AOTY, but I don’t know what other categories Evermore could fit in. I know many still consider it pop, but it is almost entirely produced by Dessner and I’ve heard many people say you could easily throw The National on most of these songs and it definitely wouldn’t be considered pop then. I mean the album has about the same amount of songs on it that I would consider country (no body, no crime, cowboy like me, right where you left me) than songs I would consider pop (willow, gold rush, long story short), if not more (dorothea, ivy), so could it even be considered for that category? (Sorry if this has already been a large part of the discussion and I’m being annoying by rehashing it since I haven’t kept up. I know last year there was a bit of a debate whether Folklore would be going into pop or not.)

yeah but it’s not like alternative likes the national

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

I listened to the new Coldplay album and I like a few songs, mainly the two singles, Let Somebody Go, Coloratura and Biyutiful. People of the Pride seems to be hated but I think it is a bop. The rest is very meh though

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I swear you guys only comment on this thread while I’m at work

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Beggin’ might make an appearance in Pop Duo/GP? The song is probably going pop especially with the Grammy’s becoming more and more strict about categorization.

And the song is peaking at the right time on U.S radios.

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Beggin’ might make an appearance in Pop Duo/GP? The song is probably going pop especially with the Grammy’s becoming more and more strict about categorization. And the song is peaking at the right time on U.S radios.

Lol no, this cover was released at their project in 2017 year, it’s not even eligible

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Lol no, this cover was released at their project in 2017 year, it’s not even eligible

Truth Hurts says Hi. I believe the cutoff is 5 years. And it’s clear the song reached commercial familiarity this year rather than 4 years ago.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

well it actually is…

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Waiting for the submissions to see where songs are submitted, but I’m starting to lean towards this in Pop Duo/GP:

1. Doja Cat feat SZA – Kiss Me More
    2. The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber – Stay
    3. Lil Nas X feat Jack Harlow – Industry Baby
    4. Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga – Love For Sale
    5. Dua Lipa & Elton John – Cold Heart
    6. Måneskin – Beggin’
    (7. BTS – Butter)
    I think BTS might miss, especially with the category becoming more competitive than last year. I have a feeling Industry Baby will be relegated to Pop.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.