Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 578 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Truth Hurts says Hi. I believe the cutoff is 5 years. And it’s clear the song reached commercial familiarity this year rather than 4 years ago.

wasnt that eligible because lizzo had put the song on the deluxe version of CILY

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Waiting for the submissions to see where songs are submitted, but I’m starting to lean towards this in Pop Duo/GP: 1. Doja Cat feat SZA – Kiss Me More 2. The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber – Stay 3. Lil Nas X feat Jack Harlow – Industry Baby 4. Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga – Love For Sale 5. Dua Lipa & Elton John – Cold Heart 6. Måneskin – Beggin’ (7. BTS – Butter) I think BTS might miss, especially with the category becoming more competitive than last year. I have a feeling Industry Baby will be relegated to Pop.

Kinda see your point; however, Beggin’ is a rock cover and Industry Baby is (for me) the perfect definition of a melodic rap contender. Also isn’t the only released version of Cold Heart the PNAU Remix? I think Cold Heart is only eligible for Best Remixed Recording then…

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

wasnt that eligible because lizzo had put the song on the deluxe version of CILY

oops! nvm then. I think  i confused it with its GF eligibility!

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

Truth Hurts says Hi. I believe the cutoff is 5 years. And it’s clear the song reached commercial familiarity this year rather than 4 years ago.

No, it will not get any nomination lol, lizzo added truth hurts into a project that was eligible for current grammys, maneskin didn’t add beggin in their new album and didn’t release any “updating” version of it

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

No, it will not get any nomination lol, lizzo added truth hurts into a project that was eligible for current grammys, maneskin didn’t add beggin in their new album and didn’t release any “updating” version of it

it might not be eligible in pop (or any genre category) but it should be eligible for the GF

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I feel like if the opening performing act of this year’s Grammys isn’t Adele, then it might come from one of the Pop Duo/Group contenders that combine new & old school acts…

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett (one last time… although he is retired now)

Dua Lipa & Elton John

Coldplay & BTS

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I feel like BTS has to get into the Duo/Group performance or else the Army will get pissed again.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

I feel like BTS has to get into the Duo/Group performance or else the Army will get pissed again.

A fandom harassing them on twitter is probably the last thing on the academy’s mind lol, but regardless BTS is bound to get a nomination I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

The Academy doesn’t owe their fans (or anyone really) anything

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Man, people are always trying to start trouble and an argument using BTS’ name. Just say you are a troll and go away.

Fanbases have nothing to do with Grammy nominations.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

the grammys could care less of what people on twitter dot com say. and just like Gen said: fanbases have no influence in nominations

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I feel like if the opening performing act of this year’s Grammys isn’t Adele, then it might come from one of the Pop Duo/Group contenders that combine new & old school acts… Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett (one last time… although he is retired now) Dua Lipa & Elton John Coldplay & BTS

I think it’s gonna be Adele or Tony and Gaga. Cold Heart may not be Dua’s nomination, and My Universe is likely missing BPDGP

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

1. The Grammys don’t care what will get people pissed. 2. BTS is likely missing

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

If Gaga performs it’ll be solo – Tony is sadly not going back on stage (doctor’s orders). Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not even in attendance given that it’s across the country.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Truth Hurts was attached to an album released in 2019 though (Cuz I Love You Deluxe Edition). Beggin’ isn’t as far as I know, so I believe it isn’t eligible.

However, I do think they could make an exception if their team argues that the song was released in the US in 2021.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.