Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 578 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I want Billie to open with “Happier than ever”

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan needs to perform… and be there to accept her first ever Grammy

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

This is delusional thinking, what Grammy needs is transparency, not pandering on popular artists.

First and foremost the Grammys is a business. They want high numbers to keep saying they are relevant.

You have artist after artist that keeps saying they are not submitting for whatever reason they come up with and you have others in the business that are complaining about them …. they want high numbers of viewers of their show.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance possibilities that absolutely won’t happen but I would love to see: Wellerman (Sea Shanty)- Nathan Evans, Imagine- Ben Platt, My Head and My Heart- Ava Max, Wonder- Shawn Mendes, I Do- Aloe Blacc, Diamonds- Sam Smith

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

First and foremost the Grammys is a business. They want high numbers to keep saying they are relevant. You have artist after artist that keeps saying they are not submitting for whatever reason they come up with and you have others in the business that are complaining about them …. they want high numbers of viewers of their show.

They are not going to nominate BTS out of care for viewers, stop being delusional. If viewers was their top priority with nominees than AOTY last year wouldn’t have included Jacob Collier, Jhene Aiko, Haim, or Black Pumas.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves was on Stephen Colbert and performed Breadwinner (one of the most pop sounding songs on the album) . Is she campaigning for this pop vocal album, now that she is ineligible for the country field?

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

First and foremost the Grammys is a business. They want high numbers to keep saying they are relevant. You have artist after artist that keeps saying they are not submitting for whatever reason they come up with and you have others in the business that are complaining about them …. they want high numbers of viewers of their show.

While I understand where you come from, I don’t agree. And this is coming from another BTS fan as well.

As someone who has watched and followed the grammys for a while. I can confirm to you that the RA could care less about who they are pleasing for the sake of views. If they did care then we would have had the whole pop field nominated in the general field for years. Taylor would have had 5 AOTY awards, Katy Perry would have 1 award at least,  and Ariana would have won BPVA or AOTY in 2020. Views are important for any business, that’s a fact. But keep in mind that one cannot just decide “oh i won’t watch the show anymore” because, guess what, at the end everyone cares for the grammys.

Even if only 1 person watches the ceremony next year, the Grammys will still remain relevant and have some level of prestige. So please, let’s move on from that mindset that the RA needs X or Y artist to remain relevant, because they simply do not.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

I doubt voters would nominate BTS for ratings. More so because of their undeniable popularity. Say what you want but “Butter” was a hit that charted at #1 for 10 weeks. That’s impressive. The song is also accessible to a general audience. People who aren’t necessarily hardcore fans love it.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

I doubt voters would nominate BTS for ratings. More so because of their undeniable popularity. Say what you want but “Butter” was a hit that charted at #1 for 10 weeks. That’s impressive. The song is also accessible to a general audience. People who aren’t necessarily hardcore fans love it.

it just dropped out of the charts after 20 weeks; for a song that spend half of its run at #1, i wouldn’t exactly say it was the GP’s popularity or love for it that held the song at the top for that long especially if we breakdown its stats where there was a predominant push to mass buy the single. despite it crowned “Song of the Summer”, every other song that was in the Top 10 is still currently charting w most still lingering around the Top 20

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Butter was #1 for that long because of the advertising done by BTS’ team. As pointed out by xohours the song also dropped off of charts soon after the push ended. It was a come and go song only still relevant to BTS stans

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

it just dropped out of the charts after 20 weeks; for a song that spend half of its run at #1, i wouldn’t exactly say it was the GP’s popularity or love for it that held the song at the top for that long especially if we breakdown its stats where there was a predominant push to mass buy the single. despite it crowned “Song of the Summer”, every other song that was in the Top 10 is still currently charting w most still lingering around the Top 20

Butter was #1 for that long because of the advertising done by BTS’ team. As pointed out by xohours the song also dropped off of charts soon after the push ended. It was a come and go song only still relevant to BTS stans

Songs don’t stay at #1 for 10 weeks unless they’re a hit. Especially with a general audience. It’s not a coincidence that BTS are a world wide stadium band, you know. People love their material. We also can’t begrudge a fan base for supporting their favorite artist by buying their music. Whether some like “Butter” or not, it’s still one of the most notable releases of 2021. That’s enough for them to score another nomination.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Songs don’t stay at #1 for 10 weeks unless they’re a hit. Especially with a general audience

I really don’t want to start another Butter debate but the song spending 10 weeks at #1 has nothing to do with the general audience. 5 000 fans buying 32 copies of one song solely to inflate its chart position isn’t comparable to Stay, Industry Baby, Good 4 U or other songs people are actually listening to.

Go look at its performance on both radio and more importantly streaming. Prior to butter no song had ever been out of the top 15 on streaming but #1 on the hot 100. Butter, at one stage, was #44.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

At some point Billboard should crack down on the BTS mass buying because they are derailing the significance of the charts. Everything they release has to have some asterisk next to it. They are not as big as they think they are to the general American public and they just need to come to terms with the fact that they are a gimmick.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Songs don’t stay at #1 for 10 weeks unless they’re a hit. Especially with a general audience. It’s not a coincidence that BTS are a world wide stadium band, you know. People love their material. We also can’t begrudge a fan base for supporting their favorite artist by buying their music. Whether some like “Butter” or not, it’s still one of the most notable releases of 2021. That’s enough for them to score another nomination.

the general audience you speak of was not streaming butter, it legit left the top 40 on the streaming chart during its time at #1. the song was there because of the fans who were mass buying copies of the song for weeks upon weeks

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I’m generally on BTS’s sides on these debates, but “Butter” was clearly inflated by their fans. To me, their only real hit in the US was “Dynamite”. That actually felt like a hit – maybe not a #1 hit, but it probably would’ve done decently without the mass buying.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.