Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 578 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

nope, they changed the rule for best pop duo/group performance not so long ago. it can only be one nomination per artist

ooh i didn’t know about it i was positive peaches and stay were getting nominated now i guess justins label is gonna push for peaches

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

My predictions since Evermore was a non event: Pop Solo – Happier Than Ever – Montero – Drivers License… eww panned – Bad Habits – Positions Pop Duo/ Group (Poor Dua, this was secure for her until.. we know) – Kiss Me More – Stay – Peaches – LTDO – Dakiti / Levitating / Cold Heart / 34+35 Pop Album – Happier than Ever – Montero – Planet HER – Justice – SOUR… ewwww panned – The kid LAROI / Plastic Hearts / Demi

Plastic Hearts was moved to rock by screening committee.

From new Billboard article about where screening committee placed the genre-bending albums: “Various albums somewhere on the line between pop and rock wound up in different categories. Imagine Dragons’ Mercury Act 1 and Twenty One Pilots’ Scaled and Icy are both competing for best pop vocal album, while Machine Gun Kelly’s Tickets to My Downfall, Miley Cyrus’ Plastic Hearts, John Mayer’s Sob Rock and Paul McCartney’s McCartney III are vying for best rock album”.

Interesting that Miley’s team submitted Plastic Hearts into Best Pop Vocal album but screening committee moved it into rock genre. Huh and everyone instead was thinking Miley will be moved to pop while it’s another way around. Doubt she will be nominated cause competition is strong and her album is pop rock but still she was accepted in rock, hope she will make a full rock album and win in the future in this category.

Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Miley going to rock is relieving SOME of BPVA’s tension b/c boy is it tense (tho her chances were low). Evermore being in a different category would also help. Doja and Lil Nas so far have the worst shots since we’ve seen these voters tend to not support urban/R&B/rap leaning artists (Post Malone and The Weeknd most recently)

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Miley going to rock is relieving some of the tension that BPVA has b/c boy is it tense (tho her chances were low). Evermore being in a different category would also help. Doja and Lil Nas so far have the worst shots since we’ve seen these voters tend to not support more urban/R&B/rap leaning artists.

if evermore was moved from pop then it will be a relief for either Doja or Lil Nas X. I currently have Planet HER edging out BUT if we get a 6-nominees lineup then both can get in and i would be happy about it

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

LNX has won a pop grammy in the past, and doja got a nod in pop last year as well, I think they have some good chances of getting in, especially since the both of them are year defining artists

Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

It’s been confirmed that Levitating (Remix) was not submitted to BPDGP

a nightmare, that award has their names on it

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

It was obvious that “Levitating” would be omitted because of the controversy surrounding DaBaby. Dua’s label probably don’t want to associate such a successful song with someone like that again. Too bad there was no live version officially released because that would’ve been a Pop Solo Performance contender.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

w Dua out, if nominated, the Academy might as well start engraving Gaga/Tony’s name on the BPDG trophy

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

w Dua out, if nominated, the Academy might as well start engraving Gaga/Tony’s name on the BPDG trophy

Pop Duo from a song nobody heard from an album that bombed catastrophically on Billboard 200.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Pop Duo from a song nobody heard from an album that bombed catastrophically on Billboard 200.

Pop Duo from the current reigning BPDG winner champ + first inductee winner & also ‘19 nominee for a song that bomb catastrophically on the Billboard Hot 100, where it didn’t even chart, we love to see it

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Pop Duo from the current reigning BPDG winner champ + first inductee winner & also ‘19 nominee for a song that bomb catastrophically on the Billboard Hot 100, where it didn’t even chart, we love to see it

That song that won pop duo went no.1 and the other didn’t win, so my point stands.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

what is this billboard article saying Plastic Hearts in rock ?
    Is it moved there for sure ?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Yeah, Gaga winning in pop for a song no one has heard of would be COMPLETELY unprecedented

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

the other didn’t win

It lost to a Gaga song so this is a bad point.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

what is this billboard article saying Plastic Hearts in rock ?
    Is it moved there for sure ?

The screening committee either allowed it to compete there or it was moved there. Either way Miley is in rock as I anticipated. I’m eager to know what her submissions are now

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.