Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 578 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

What happened with Stay? Why did his team just want to fuck him over? How do you not submit Stay?

Profile picture
    Mathwhiz11
    Topics:

Curious about who submits for Grammys. Is it the label or management? In LaRoi’s case, was it Columbia or would it have been Scooter at the time to do this?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Curious about who submits for Grammys. Is it the label or management? In LaRoi’s case, was it Columbia or would it have been Scooter at the time to do this?

Columbia, the label. Sometimes both. A combination of both the team and label.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I honestly think Bieber’s team fucked him over.

They’re putting their all in the “Peaches” campaign so I won’t be surprised if they asked Laroi’s team to refrain from submitting “Stay” in case “Peaches” got rejected from R&B and got sent over to BPDGP.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Btw, this is gonna be a super easy nomination for BTS’s “Butter” now.

Profile picture
    Mathwhiz11
    Topics:

I honestly think Bieber’s team fucked him over. They’re putting their all in the “Peaches” campaign so I won’t be surprised if they asked Laroi’s team to refrain from submitting “Stay” in case “Peaches” got rejected from R&B and got sent over to BPDGP.

Wouldn’t both of these be Scooter at the time? Maybe this is one reason that TKL left? Either way, what an odd omission! Stay is literally on everyone’s list at least as a nominee

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Wouldn’t both of these be Scooter at the time? Maybe this is one reason that TKL left? Either way, what an odd omission! Stay is literally on everyone’s list at least as a nominee

Could be! It’s definitely super sus.

Profile picture
    Rett89
    Topics:

I want to know the mental processes behind choosing “Without You” over “Stay.”

It’s “Kiss Me More” vs. “I Get a Kick Out of You” for the win then.

“Butter” shouldn’t be nominated but I guess the path became clearer for a nom. It’ll be fun to see the stans when they lose again anyway.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

“kiss me more? I HOPE EVERYONE KISSES YOU LESS”

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I honestly think Bieber’s team fucked him over.

They’re putting their all in the “Peaches” campaign so I won’t be surprised if they asked Laroi’s team to refrain from submitting “Stay” in case “Peaches” got rejected from R&B and got sent over to BPDGP.

This Scooter is being Scooter again. And it makes sense especially with Laroi’s decision to part ways with Scooter.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Does anyone think Lil Nas X could surprise and go 3/3 in Pop? His Pop Duo/Group submission is his collab with Elton John (who has a current hit and an album out although he hasn’t been successful at the Grammys for a while).

Or just score a surprise Pop Duo/Group nom for that matter.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

BTS were always going to be a factor in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. “Butter” is one of the biggest songs of 2021 by the biggest group in the world. I’m surprised people would even question their chances. If they made history before then it will be significantly easier for them now. Especially with a single that stayed at #1 for 10 weeks long. The longest running chart topper of the year. That’s impressive. Anything is possible at the Grammys but I think BTS are safe.

Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

BTS were always going to be a factor in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. “Butter” is one of the biggest songs of 2021 by the biggest group in the world. I’m surprised people would even question their chances. If they made history before then it will be significantly easier for them now. Especially with a single that stayed at #1 for 10 weeks long. The longest running chart topper of the year. That’s impressive. Anything is possible at the Grammys but I think BTS are safe.

absolutely i don’t know why many underestimate them to get nominated when butter is a really good pop song overall and it did well in charts it checks every box, maybe i’m being delusional but i hope it gets a nom in roty

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group nominees:

Doja Cat & SZA – “Kiss Me More”
    BTS – “Butter”
    Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga – “I Get A Kick Out of You”
    Maroon 5 & Megan Thee Stallion – “Beautiful Mistakes”
    Justin Bieber & Benny Blanco – “Lonely”

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

People here don’t like BTS and let that cloud their judgement. Butter was always a major factor chart performance aside. BTS is the most streamed & most popular group in the US right now (#31 most streamed so far in 2021 in the US, top 10 in pop acts & they did that without an album release). They have been making major strides in America the past 2 years. That alone puts them in contention no matter what they release.

A nomination is never assured of course, but they will always be in the conversation.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.