Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 578 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

“Ain’t Sh*t” in Melodic Rap I hope

She should withhold that for next year assuming Planet Her doesnt win an Album category.

I Dont Do Drugs – Pop Duo
    Ain’t Shit – Melodic Rap, Rap Song
    Options – Rap Performance
    Woman – R&B Performance, R&B Song.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I thought that if we have a shock nom in Best Pop Vocal Album it could be In The Meantime by Alessia Cara. She’s Grammy winner and her last album is a solid pop record with 80 points on Metacritic. She’s commercially over but she’s still a good artist.

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

Alessia Cara? not happening. If somehow someone from billie-olivia-ariana-doja-lilnas-justin-taylor will not be nominated, then miley cyrus with plastic hearts can sneak in. i don’t see any chances for alessia. miley’s album had more impact. pop rock perfection

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Alessia is not happening

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I thought that if we have a shock nom in Best Pop Vocal Album it could be In The Meantime by Alessia Cara. She’s Grammy winner and her last album is a solid pop record with 80 points on Metacritic. She’s commercially over but she’s still a good artist.

Lorde will happen before her

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Miley Cyrus’ album is NOT pop-rock perfection.  Plastic Hearts has 0% chance of getting in Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

of course Miley has no chances, she’s not licking anyone’s a$$ to get a grammy and not doing any campaigns and gifts and special editions and etc :)) and she’s more than just pop genre so your opinion is no matter, she’s above of this sh!t

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

of course Miley has no chances, she’s not licking anyone’s a$$ to get a grammy and not doing any campaigns and gifts and special editions and etc :)) and she’s more than just pop genre so your opinion is no matter, she’s above of this sh!t

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

I wish Grammys were more leaned on to quality than comercial success, Miley Hands down deserves a nomination for her album

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Miley Cyrus “Plastic Hearts” for BPVA hands down.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Plastic Hearts is Miley’s best album, kudos to her, but it still made little to no noise nor received enough critical acclaim to be nominated. Though she still has the tinesy chances because her name is early in the ballot.

Hell Positions was met with similar acclaim (in fact, Pitchfork liked it more) yet we all consider it a bad album. The embarrassing discrepancy between Younger Now/SHE IS COMING & Sweetener/thank u, next, explains why we set the bar for the two of them on much different heights.

If Grammys leaned more onto quality/critical acclaim than commercial success, Miley would’ve never been nominated in first place. The artists nominated in the Pop field in recent years would be niche tumblr/stan twitter/indie edgelords such as Robyn, Charli XCX, Tame Impala, etc.

Considering Ariana, Demi, Miley and Selena as a generation of successful millennial child stars, they would probably have a total of like 5 nominations combined, with 4 being Ariana’s. I think Sweetener would’ve been competitive for BPVA against Pop 2, but that’s it for any of them. In 2020, for example, Ariana & Billie would’ve lost to Robyn’s Honey or Norman fucking Rockwell!. Crazy, isn’t it?

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

If the Rap NRC allowed Panini to be nominated, Rap voters should vote for Industry Baby in Melodic Rap.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

am I the only one who thinks positions has a decent chance of winning BPSP

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Ariana would only win BPSP (by default) if the lineup looked something like this:

• Justin Bieber – Anyone
    • Billie Eilish – Lost Cause (wtf submission)
    • Ariana Grande – pov (this is not going to be her submission)
    • P!nk – All I Know So Far
    • Olivia Rodrigo – good 4 u (Grammy voters have an anti-“teen pop punk” bias)

if Olivia submits good 4 u anywhere, she’ll lose. she better submit drivers license all across the board and then somehow attempt to unsuccessfully fraud good 4 u into the Rock field. that will maximize her nominations.

Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

good 4 you is not happening in rock field, idk why some people even suggested it before

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.