Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 578 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Indie pop stan
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Yes. I think the song isn’t eligible for BPDGP.

yeah i knew that, but what about Best Remixed Recording?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

yeah i knew that, but what about Best Remixed Recording?

Yes. I think it was submitted in Best Remixed Recording instead (if i’m not mistaken)

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Only 1 of them will make it in. Either Lil Nas or Doja, one or the other.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Only 1 of them will make it in. Either Lil Nas or Doja, one or the other.

Neither are making it in unless it’s a 6-person lineup

Profile picture
    norman
    Topics:

i think doja is more likely to get in than lil nas solely because of the hits, the viral songs, that’s what’s gonna make the difference

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Neither are making it in unless it’s a 6-person lineup

This. I have either Doja or Lil Nas X as 6th in case there is a tie

Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

ARTPOP was Lady Gaga’s fourth album and she alredy had four Grammys, two from the Pop field. That is definitely not considered early in her career. Maybe Positions will fair better than those albums, all I ever claimed was that it has a chance of joining them, which is something you have yet to acknowledge much less refute.

Artpop is Gaga’s 3rd album first of all and was a HUGEEEEE demise for Gaga and represented the end of Gaga’s reign with Applause barely being a hit. you’re comparing that to Ariana’s 6th album when Positions was #1 on the Hot 100 and radio for weeks? It’s just weird behavior when it’s literally performing on par to Sweetner and Dangerous Woman. It’s not a TUN era but obviously you’re not gonna have that every time. ANyway Ariana’s huge name in pop music and good faith with voters will secure the nom since in BPVA that’s oftentimes enough.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

it’s literally performing on par to Sweetner and Dangerous Woman. It’s not a TUN era

That is literally the entire point of what I said, so congrats on taking so long to understand it.

Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

That is literally the entire point of what I said, so congrats on taking so long to understand it.

and those literally were nominated, and one of them even won. Also no you said it’s similar to Artpop and Sam Smith’s second album lmao. Happier Than Ever is smaller than WWWDWG but are we gonna predict it missing? Evermore is smaller than Folklore. But that’s not how any of this works.

Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Enough of BPVA, it’s pretty basic and predictable . It’s just whether the R&B leaning albums won’t make it or if they will and will kick out one of the more safe choices. We’ll see >.<

What do we think about BPDGP? It’s not only more unpredictable but this year has zero competition

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Enough of BPVA, it’s pretty basic and predictable . It’s just whether the R&B leaning albums won’t make it or if they will and will kick out one of the more safe choices. We’ll see >.< What do we think about BPDGP? It’s not only more unpredictable but this year has zero competition

KMM and IGAKOY are basically l*cked

Lonely and Butter are safe bets

Final spot will just be a pure namecheck so it’s anyone’s guess. Personally I’m predicting Billie but I could see Ariana or Lizzo getting it.

Mood (live) and Heat Waves (live) can theoretically happen but I don’t see it bc both artists have zero name recognition.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Enough of BPVA, it’s pretty basic and predictable . It’s just whether the R&B leaning albums won’t make it or if they will and will kick out one of the more safe choices. We’ll see >.<
    What do we think about BPDGP? It’s not only more unpredictable but this year has zero competition

Lol

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

it’s unpredictable nomination wise really, but winner wise it’ll obviously go to either gaga x tony or doja x sza. other than those 2 i have lonely, butter, and lo vas a olvidar getting a nomination as well, maybe even safety net being able to get a name check nomination

Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Yeah I mean BPDGP  always has 1 wild card

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Renegade will be nominated!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 578 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.