Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 205 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
replies
views
users
Usher
Steve johnson
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Voters taste≠ Critics taste, Metacritic Score

sometimes they will coincide, sometimes they won’t

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Honey, Changes shits all over the atrocious Chromatica (BARF!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

It probably won’t happen but I’d love if Gaga released a continuation of Chromatica to generate buzz for the tour.

Thematically it would make sense and could potentially shake up the Pop Field. We know voters love Gaga 😉

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

It probably won’t happen but I’d love if Gaga released a continuation of Chromatica to generate buzz for the tour. Thematically it would make sense and could potentially shake up the Pop Field. We know voters love Gaga

Yes for an extended alternate version or something. But if Gaga was smart the next thing she should release for eligibility (if she is releasing this Grammy eligibility year) is a solo **Pop Traditional Album** with all original songs.

No way another white woman is winning another AOTY for the 4th consecutive time, let alone against Adele.

One more **BOTCH** like the album that is Chromatica and all her Grammy love will be **GONE**

Let’s not compare Miss Taylor with what happened with Reputation and Lover because girlie is **still** a 2x AOTY winner… She was and will always be a strong Grammy contender. Whereas Gaga despite being a Pop favourite is yet to win the GF. She can’t do or just pull of what Taylor did. It’s going to take her a little harder compared to somebody like 2x AOTY, Taylor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Gaga is just as big of a Grammy favorite as Taylor. The fact that she hasn’t won in the General Field doesn’t really take away from that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Honey, Changes shits all over the atrocious Chromatica (BARF!).

About the Bieber noms:

And when i’m talking about **BOTCH**

People tend to forget the fact that Chromatica was supposed to be Gaga’s **BIG RETURN** to Dance Music after 7 almost 10 years.

Also trivia: “I Rise” Tracy Young remix of Madonna’s song won Best Remixed Recording in the Dance Category last year while Gaga didn’t even got in ANY Dance noms for her supposed **BIG RETURN** even just for a remix -(which was horrible btw) or something.

Of course even Bieber with Changes got more noms. It was supposed to be her BIG RETURN to Dance Music after 7 long years. Well….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

About the Bieber noms: And when i’m talking about **BOTCH** People tend to forget the fact that Chromatica was supposed to be Gaga’s **BIG RETURN** to Dance Music after 7 almost 10 years. Also trivia: “I Rise” Tracy Young remix of Madonna’s song won Best Remixed Recording in the Dance Category last year while Gaga didn’t even got in ANY Dance noms for her supposed **BIG RETURN** even just for a remix -(which was horrible btw) or something. Of course even Bieber with Changes got more noms. It was supposed to be her BIG RETURN to Dance Music after 7 long years. Well….

In her defense I don’t think earlier Gaga would’ve approved of that. Even Joanne has more lust/grit than it lol. (Dancing in Circles, etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

No way another white woman is winning another AOTY for the 4th consecutive time, let alone against Adele.

Honey, another white woman better NOT win Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

It scares me already tbh. Lmao.
    Another set up is so likely to happen. Even Adele winning for the 3rd time is likely. Lol. Well…

**Or BLOCKING. Even worse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

If Gaga is coming back with something along the lines of chromatica then she can say goodbye to the grammys at least … they really weren’t feeling her this year despite her massive promo campaign.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

As far as I can tell, the only source for the Gaga album is deuxmoi, which anyone can submit to. Not really sure I believe Gaga is dropping again considering how little she seemed to care about Chromatica.

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

So far Olivia Rodriguez is the frontrunner to win Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

hopefully we will see some major releases soon, cause this will be more boring than this years ceremony

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Adele

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

If Gaga is coming back with something along the lines of chromatica then she can say goodbye to the grammys at least … they really weren’t feeling her this year despite her massive promo campaign.

Well especially now we have new Grammy favourite / cotenders like Billie and *Dua* who might all be releasing, simple name checks might no longer be options for her. Because those two Billie and Dua, are getting in. For sure Dua after her GF nomination sweep. Any follow up she releases is getting nominated. More so than Gaga’s. She’s no longer the sole Pop name check nominee especially if she’s not getting in and a strong contender for the GF. They’re giving that spot for somebody up and coming. Dua or Billie are getting that name check moving forward more so.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.