Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
Usher
Steve johnson
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Opinion #1: If nominations where tomorrow, Ariana would be nominated across the board in the GF, Pop, and even get a nod for BMV and possibly R&B. She would take Pop Solo if noms were tomorrow while BPVA would be between her and Evermore

opinion #2: Positions is the only commerical juggernaut so far almost 4 months into the eligibility period

opinion#3: Ariana is a lock for Pop Group/Duo (be it for 34+35, Motive, or potential Bieber collab), Pop Solo, and Pop Album, with other potential submissions and nominations in R&B for off the table, BMV for positions, and some GF noms

Sorry I don’t agree with any of this.

Positions is not happening in R&B or BMV point blank period. GF is absolutely possible whether or not the Ariana haters will admit this. It is still more likely that she misses GF

Evermores doing just as well so.

No one is a lock for anything 4 months into eligibility. We don’t know what collabs will drop. I am leaning towards 34 35 in BPDG but it’s way too early to call anything a lock

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

BTW, speaking of pop duo/group; Billie X Rosalía just got announced.

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Pop Solo:
    Adele – 1st single
    Ed Sheeran – 1st official single
    Beyoncé – Pop Single
    Billie Eilish – 2nd single
    Rihanna – pop single

Next in line:

Lorde – 1st single
    The Kid LAROI – “Without You”
    Olivia Rodrigo – “Driver’s License”
    Ariana Grande – “positions”
    Justin Bieber – “anyone”
    Taylor Swift – “willow”
    Doja Cat – new single

Pop Duo/Group:
    Billie Eilish & Rosalia – “Lo Vas A Olvidar”
    Adele – Duet (she’s yet to do one, so I expect one on the new album)
    Justin Bieber & Chance the Rapper – “Holy”
    Taylor Swift & HAIM – “No Body, No Crime”
    AJR – “Bang!”
    Dua Lipa & DaBaby – “Levitating”

Pop Album:
    Adele
    Ed Sheehan
    Lorde
    Billie Eilish
    Taylor Swift
    Ariana Grande

Next in line:

Justin Bieber
    Lana Del Rey

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

I am not trying to sway anybody with my opinion, I am simply stating it. In my opinion, if your ENTIRE album charts on the hot 100, that is a big deal, which is my reasoning for Ariana to go 3/3 in the pop field and DEPENDING(emphasis on depending) on who releases what this year, I can see her in the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I am not trying to sway anybody with my opinion, I am simply stating it. In my opinion, if your ENTIRE album charts on the hot 100, that is a big deal, which is my reasoning for Ariana to go 3/3 in the pop field and DEPENDING(emphasis on depending) on who releases what this year, I can see her in the GF.

Whole albums debuting on the Hot 100 is common place now for major pop acts due to streaming. I guarantee you that the Grammys don’t care. Look at their complete snub of The Weeknd.

Generally speaking, the album Positions is a step down for Ariana. She’s still a contender for being nominated in Pop Solo and Album, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this album were to be snubbed completely given the heavy competition from the likes of Adele, Ed Sheeran, Lorde, etc yet to come out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Levitating is #6 on Itunes, #11 on Spotify USA,  #10 on overall airplay. If radio supports more, it could go top3 on Hot 100 the next 2-3 weeks. I think it is a contender for ROTY and BPDGP.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Honey, duh!  Of course, Positions will get its usual two Pop nominations (BARF!).  No one said it would NOT. The Grammys are a popularity contest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Ariana is getting her usual pop noms as always. The Pop Solo denial is not a smart decision lmao.

I think Positions as of right now is in for ROTY. If 34+35 keeps rising and she has another hit from it, AOTY could happen. I think at best she’s getting 5 noms (AOTY, ROTY, Pop Solo, Pop Vocal, Pop Duo), but likely she’s getting 3 noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

Ariana is getting her usual pop noms as always. The Pop Solo denial is not a smart decision lmao.

I think Positions as of right now is in for ROTY. If 34+35 keeps rising and she has another hit from it, AOTY could happen. I think at best she’s getting 5 noms (AOTY, ROTY, Pop Solo, Pop Vocal, Pop Duo), but likely she’s getting 3 noms.

Positions in ROTY is possible but the album won’t be happening in AOTY. I think it’ll definitely make top 20 but the BRP won’t nominate it because it’s considered a step down from Sweetener & TUN quality wise

FYC

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage Remix
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I was looking to todays published BB200 and these albums are showing some longevity to be considered for Pop Vocal

1. Evermore #2 (5 weeks)

2. Positions #7  (11 weeks)

3. Plastic Hearts #24 (7 weeks)

I wouldnt consider Shawn since his album was panned and perfomed worse than the ones listed here.

We are 8 months before the end of the eligibility period, so 2-3 strong choices with Adele or someone else will appear and 1 of the above will be taken out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

and that one is, clearly, plastic hearts (even though it deserves a spot)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Evermore and plastic hearts deserve the spots. But miley will not happen sadly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Mid-week prediction for Hot 100

Drivers License to stay #1

34+35 to reach #2

Positions to be #4

Levitating to reach #5

So many female pop songs inside top 5.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I haven’t listened to the remix but “34+35” is a bop. I wouldn’t mind if it goes #1.

The DaBaby “Levitating” remix is meh. I prefer the original. But at least it’s Top 5. That’s good for Dua 👏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Will Ariana release a third track on Positions as a single? With music video and everything? If so, and both that track and 34+35 get #1, she does have a strong case for AOTY & ROTY

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.