Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY Pop Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Usher
Steve johnson
Monsoon 🌊
  • Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Get real!  Evermore, Plastic Hearts, and Positions do NOT deserve spots in Best Pop Vocal Album.  YUCK!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hymnless
    Topics:

Will Ariana release a third track on Positions as a single? With music video and everything? If so, and both that track and 34+35 get #1, she does have a strong case for AOTY & ROTY

34+35 is not going #1, drivers license is too strong rn

+ i heard rumors about pov being the next single but I don’t think it will go #1 either, competition on the hot 100 will get even stronger with upcoming releases from drake, adele, rihanna etc

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Will Ariana release a third track on Positions as a single? With music video and everything? If so, and both that track and 34+35 get #1, she does have a strong case for AOTY & ROTY

Honestly Positions getting any nominations for the whole album would be atrocious. Same with 34+35. Positions and Pov would deserve a pop solo nomination. Hopefully there will be other viable candidates who can fill those spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

it’s getting nominations whether you like it or not lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

them acting like Changes wasn’t the worst album of the year, yet it was nominated in all pop categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

them acting like Changes wasn’t the worst album of the year, yet it was nominated in all pop categories

And sadly after hours and blinding lights missed. But hey, it’s scooter Braun and we all know he can buy his favorite clients nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

And sadly after hours and blinding lights missed. But hey, it’s scooter Braun and we all know he can buy his favorite clients nominations.

💀💀💀 Are we still blaming Scooter Braun? Lol.

Bieber is a big name, he’s right on top of the list alphabetically, and was everywhere. He also overperformed at all the other award shows. Please stop making shit up about people just cuz your fave doesn’t like them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande does NOT have a strong case for Record of the Year and Album of the Year.  Her songs will be completely forgotten by Grammy time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

While I don’t think it’s fair to say Scooter Braun bought Justin Bieber’s nominations, I do think it’s fair to say that given his surprisingly strong showing it could indicate that his team knows how to campaign, which helps Ariana Grande since they’re both managed by Scooter. I don’t think it’s fraud I just think he’s well connected and knows how to get his artists in front of the right people. Ariana could absolutely go 3/3 in Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

While I don’t think it’s fair to say Scooter Braun bought Justin Bieber’s nominations, I do think it’s fair to say that given his surprisingly strong showing it could indicate that his team knows how to campaign, which helps Ariana Grande since they’re both managed by Scooter. I don’t think it’s fraud I just think he’s well connected and knows how to get his artists in front of the right people. Ariana could absolutely go 3/3 in Pop.

Ariana going 3/3 will be deserving bjt JUSTIN???  something doesn’t sit right here, YUMMY getting nominated over blinding lights (or any other song) still gives me nightmare. There is something wrong going on for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

I don’t think you can buy Grammy noms per se but there’s no need to be deliberately naive … there’s clearly a lot of lobbying by labels and managers for their own artists amongst the voters. Lots of politics too.

The weeknd performed his ass of everywhere too but still got snubbed. Bieber didn’t have any case for his noms, not much commercial success and the music was panned by the critics. The voters aren’t dummies. His teams definitely pulled some strings behind the scenes to secure his noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Bieber didn’t have any case for his noms, not much commercial success and the music was panned by the critics. 

The following albums scored less then 65 on metacritic and were less sucessful than Changes

1. No. 6 Collaborations Project
    2. Beautiful Trauma
    3. Kaleidoscope EP
    4. Before This World
    5. Ghost Stories

All got nominated for BPVA because voters go for the artists they like at the end of the day. JB didn’t do anything besides be early on the ballot and be in the top 5 for most votes.

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

if only scooter had secured Ariana a couple of Grammys last year…

given the power he apparently has

and of course Demi would have got at leats one nomination this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Right, like where is Ariana’s Pop Vocal nod for K Bye For Now, or Demi’s for Anyone? It doesn’t add up sorry. Scooter is just a good manager that knows how to campaign his artists.

Even then, y’all are acting like he runs the Grammys. Martin Garrix, J Balvin, Dan + Shay, Ariana Grande, Tori Kelly, Justin Bieber, and Demi Lovato have a combined 9 General Field noms. That’s 3 more than Billie Eilish…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

No. 6 Collaborations Project

was more successful than changes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.