Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders (Part 2)

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Cameron
Deemy
Tasiandee

• Daniel Montgomery
    Topics:

Continue 🙂

CoolSonic
    Topics:

Is anyone here predicting 333 by Tinashe for Best Progressive R&B Album? Really liked this album by her and the category seems a bit weak except for Yebba.

Oscars FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in all eligible categories.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Mary
    Topics:

Although Silk Sonic debuted and released a song that went number one, I do see SZA picking up nominations for “Good Days”. When it comes to nominations, do you guys see anyone particular being snubbed? Unfortunately, I see Normani being snubbed although “Wild Side” is still doing well on the charts.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Cameron
    Topics:

Unfortunately, I see SZA being left with no nominations in the R&B Field. Her nominations are mostly going to be with Doja (since Kiss Me More is really big) It’s too stacked. The other contenders have had a bigger and better eligibility year. She didn’t garner any Soul Train Nominations either (for Good Days) , I think that’s a big sign as well.

Wild Side has been doing well since release and it features a Grammy winner Cardi B. Done really well on the R&B charts. The video has got recognized by the STA.

Leave the Door Open is one of the biggest songs of the period + Features Grammy Favorites.

Jazmine is coming off a well received Album and has the biggest buzz off of the R&B Album contenders. “Pick Up Your Feelings” did well on Adult R&B.

Damage is HER’s biggest song and she’s come off of a fresh Oscar win for “Fight For You”. She’s a favorite within the Academy as well. I believe it’s HER vs Bruno & Paak in the Song Categories.
    Then HER VS Jazmine in R&B Album. Also another song that’s still in the Top 3 of Adult R&B

ReplyCopy URL

Deemy
    Topics:

I can see Good Days at least scraping through with a R&B song nomination. It was a top 10 hit. Something that H.E.R and Jazmine doesn’t have. Besides Peaches and LTDO, it will be the highest ranking R&B song competing for a nomination. It shouldn’t be underestimated.

ReplyCopy URL

Tasiandee
    Topics:

Is wild side right behind it as the 4 highest ranking R&B song on Hot 100 this year?

ReplyCopy URL

Deemy
    Topics:

Is wild side right behind it as the 4 highest ranking R&B song on Hot 100 this year?

No. That would be Heartbreak anniversary since Doja didn’t submit “You Right”.

ReplyCopy URL

Tasiandee
    Topics:

Heartbreak Anniversary peaked at #16 wildside peaked at #14, i wonder if there is a list of Hot 100 chart performances for R&B songs. Not that any of this matters much because Chart performance doesn’t equal nominations.

ReplyCopy URL

Deemy
    Topics:

Heartbreak Anniversary peaked at #16 wildside peaked at #14, i wonder if there is a list of Hot 100 chart performances for R&B songs. Not that any of this matters much because Chart performance doesn’t equal nominations.

It will peak higher on the year end charts. Heartbreak is by far the bigger hit.

ReplyCopy URL

Tasiandee
    Topics:

It will peak higher on the year end charts. Heartbreak is by far the bigger hit.

Considering it was released Feb of 2020 and to radio in US in March of 2021 i would hope that Heartbreak would’ve been bigger. Wild side was released in July so its only been out 4 months. Both are certified gold for selling 500,000 records.

ReplyCopy URL

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Is anyone here predicting 333 by Tinashe for Best Progressive R&B Album? Really liked this album by her and the category seems a bit weak except for Yebba.

Nope. This could easily go to a Thundercat-type contender. Tinashe would have to make the lineup to even be thought of as a winner. She has no Grammy history and isn’t really a big name.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

As much as I like Tinashe, it will be hard for her to get in without a push. If I’m correct, isn’t she an independent artist? Sometimes voters favor what’s forced fed down their throats or musicians who have close ties in the industry. Tinashe seems like such an outsider. Especially compared to some of her contemporaries. It might be easier now that juries no longer exist. But if it doesn’t happen then it never will. Unless there’s a breakthrough moment waiting in the wings.

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

She had a fair amount of buzz with 2 On back then, lol I’m surprised she didn’t get nominated for that at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.