Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 317 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Boz
Agee
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I hope (and strongly believe) that Back of My Mind will be placed in Progressive R&B. H.E.R. has a good chance at being one of the few (if any) to have won all of the active R&B categories one day. This would be a step towards that. If Summer Walker’s downtempo R&B can be considered “progressive,” then BOMM being placed there shouldn’t be an issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Do you think Planet Her will be nominated in Best Progressive R&B Album? Doja has mentioned in interviews that it’s a lot more rap than her previous albums, but I don’t see it being nominated in the rap category itself since she’s so unique and not genre-specific. But I wouldn’t put her in Pop either. Best Progressive R&B Album would make the most sense, right?

I actually think she might. Pop is super competitive this year. She might have a better chance in Progressive R&B.

Doubt she’s winning either category but a nom is better than nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Doja (& Lil Nas X) will likely go Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I’m curious to see what Dominique Deveraux’s two cents are on whether Back Of My Mind should go to R&B Album or Progressive R&B Album.

Oh wow! I’m honored. LOL. H.E.R should definitely submit Back of My Mind to Progressive R&B Album. I stan traditional R&B and nothing about BOMM is traditional, so it doesn’t make sense for her (no pun intended) to submit it there. If she does, she won’t earn the nomination, I don’t care how much of a Grammy darling she is.

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

A couple of questions. Does anyone know when Silk Sonic’s album is coming out?

If Silk Sonic’s album is not released in time, who do you think is a frontrunner for R&B Album?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

A couple of questions. Does anyone know when Silk Sonic’s album is coming out?

If Silk Sonic’s album is not released in time, who do you think is a frontrunner for R&B Album?

I think Jazmine would be the front runner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

What are the chances Celeste is nominated for her album? Maybe BNA too?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Celeste is NOT happening in any category.  Too under-the-radar.  Plus, no blue-ribbon and R&B committees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

J Hud released a song from the Respect soundtrack. It sounds just loud. I’m assuming her label will submit to Traditional R&B and the Soundtrack categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Celeste was nominated for an Oscar this year. Couldn’t that help her a bit?

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

J Hud released a song from the Respect soundtrack. It sounds just loud. I’m assuming her label will submit to Traditional R&B and the Soundtrack categories.

It might go to Gospel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

What are the chances Celeste is nominated for her album? Maybe BNA too?

Progressive R&B isn’t the strongest category. 1-2 under the radar acts might be able to sneak in. Celeste’s album is very acclaimed & she’s right up R&B voters’ alley. It could happen. Arlo Parks is another one to look out for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    whoareyou_
    Topics:

Honey, Celeste is NOT happening in any category. Too under-the-radar. Plus, no blue-ribbon and R&B committees.

I don’t know about this “blue-ribbon” bullshit they are doing. I feel like the Grammys could do whatever tf they want. If they wanted H.E.R. to win it all, they could. And I think they will cuz they got a hard-on for her.
    But I agree with you. Celeste would be nominated at the BRIT awards fasho. But she didn’t achieve not much success in the USA. I don’t think they would nominate her for the Grammys for that reason. Rina Sawayama didn’t achieve much success in the USA despite her critically acclaimed album, and she wasn’t nominated. It usually takes time for the Grammys to open up to those people.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Celeste being up for an Oscar might help her chances in BNA, but she’s made little to no noise with her album so I don’t think she’s happening in the R&B field.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I hope Epic submits the soundtrack to Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media and “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)” to Traditional R&B Performance and Song for Visual Media. If so, I’m confident JHUD will score three Grammy nods. She also has the potential to score an Original Song Oscar nod for “Here I Am” since she wrote the song and is most likely to miss Actress.

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.