Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 512 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Deemy
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

(6. Andra Day – The United States vs Billie Holiday (Music from the Motion Picture)*)

*since most of the songs are covers, I think the album isn’t eligible for Compilation Soundtrack.

I think this depends on how much music on the album, percentage-wise, is in the film. Black Panther didn’t qualify for Soundtrack on those grounds and, although I didn’t see it, I assume Judy didn’t either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

“Stay High” + R&B = Not happening. Give it up. Literally no voter will care. If you think the remix’s quality is subjective then you’re less than smart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“Stay High” + R&B = Not happening. Give it up. Literally no voter will care. If you think the remix’s quality is subjective then you’re less than smart.

Are you on drugs? Childish Gambino is a recent R&B and general field winner, and Brittany Howard is a multi-Grammy winner and recent R&B field nominee. To write them off as nonfactors in the R&B field is foolish.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

“Stay High” is literally happening NO WHERE in R&B. Especially with the likes of Jazmine, Silk Sonic, H.E.R., Giveon, Jam & Lewis, & SZA dominating. Only an idiot who’s high & deaf would think that remix is getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, hope Andra Day happens in R&B.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“Stay High” is literally happening NO WHERE in R&B. Especially with the likes of Jazmine, Silk Sonic, H.E.R., Giveon, Jam & Lewis, & SZA dominating. Only an idiot who’s high & deaf would think that remix is getting in.

Gambino is more relevant than all of these artists sans Bruno Mars. Did you forget there are no more committees deciding nominees? 💀

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. LORD. Those niggas have not been nominated since the Bush administration.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. LORD. Those niggas have not been nominated since the Bush administration.

I sincerely hope you’re Black….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Stay High” + R&B nomination = NOT happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I sincerely hope you’re Black….

I am… now back on why you’re wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

First “Peaches” is R&B, then Joji is submitting to Progressive, now “Stay High (Remix)” is happening. Some of y’all should not be predicting this field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

First “Peaches” is R&B, then Joji is submitting to Progressive, now “Stay High (Remix)” is happening. Some of y’all should not be predicting this field.

“Stay High” by Brittany Howard and Childish Gambino (or just the latter – I’m seeing conflicting reports on whether it’s a collaboration or a cover) just dropped recently. Could be a contender for R&B Performance, although it does sound a little poppy.

Where did I say it was for sure happening? All I did was fight back against you randomly shutting it down despite both artists being huge Grammy favorites. Fucking illiterate ass.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Any logical person with common sense would know “Stay High” is not happening in R&B. Give it up & go back to predicting Pop. You sound foolish.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Any logical person with common sense would know “Stay High” is not happening in R&B. Give it up & go back to predicting Pop. You sound foolish.

I would be insulted if this was coming from someone who didn’t actually think Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were bigger Grammy factors than Childish Gambino, a recent ROTY/SOTY winner. Pack it up, dummy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

You just tried to imply that Giveon, Jam & Lewis, Jazmine, SZA are more respected than Childish Gambino. I think you need to stop predicting entirely.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Jam & Lewis are respected veterans & have a huge hit with Babyface on Urban AC/R&B radio. How are they not a factor in this field? You clearly don’t know anything about this genre. Continue listening to Olivia & Billie lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 512 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.