Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 423 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
replies
views
users
Music Forever
Boz
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Justin Bieber has 2 GRAMMYs. Does that mean he’s more respected than Bjork, Snoop, & Diana Ross because they have 0? You make NO sense.

Diana isn’t even that talented for you to be propping her up like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Diana Ross isn’t talented LOL! Trash taste from a trash human being.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Trash taste from a trash human being.

Wow, you really hurt my feelings. I could just cry myself a bathtub full of tears and then drown in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I could just cry myself a bathtub full of tears and then drown in it.

Yay!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

I don’t want to just ignite more anger, but I have to shut down the frankly stupid and inaccurate proposition that Diana Ross is not talented. Literally look up the Supremes, they were THE biggest act other than the Beatles in the 60’s and to this day the best selling female group of all time with 12 #1 hits. Her solo career is no joke either, 6 #1 hits, not to mention she got a Golden Globe award and Oscar nomination for playing Billie Holiday, as well as having the soundtrack go #1. She is an icon, I listen to her and I am literally in my 20’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

She’s still not that talented as a singer, sorry. I never said she was untalented. But she’s hardly someone I would put in the same category as Snoop Dogg or Queen as being grossly robbed by the Grammys. Chart stats don’t prove talent or lack thereof. And I’m already aware that she’s an icon, thank you, I don’t live under a rock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Joji is submitting to Progressive

Joji has submitted to R&B multiple times right. 2/3 of his Hot 100 hits competed in the R&B field, one of those being the lead single from the album in question. So yes, I think he could submit to Progressive, unless he submits to Alternative like his previous project.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

LOL imagine a Silk Sonic Sweep in the R&B field. That’ll step on a few toes

R&B Song, Traditional R&B Performance, & R&B Album. Speaking hypothetically.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

She’s still not that talented as a singer, sorry. I never said she was untalented. But she’s hardly someone I would put in the same category as Snoop Dogg or Queen as being grossly robbed by the Grammys. Chart stats don’t prove talent or lack thereof. And I’m already aware that she’s an icon, thank you, I don’t live under a rock.

Most people DO put her in the same category as Snoop and Queen as far as the Grammys. That’s what matters. The Supremes were huge and so was Diana during her prime. She basically built the “superstar” title we use today. I get that y’all want to hit below the belt and beat each other in this argument, but let’s be reasonable here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Justin Bieber has 2 GRAMMYs. Does that mean he’s more respected than Bjork, Snoop, & Diana Ross because they have 0? You make NO sense.

I feel these are semantics

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are fucking legends!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

She’s more deserving of a Grammy than Snoop Dogg and Queen….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Are people really going out of their way to discredit Diana Ross, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and their talents? Lol.

Speaking of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, now that their album is out, do you think they can nominated in the general field? Like AOTY or SOTY or both? Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Could someone break down the difference between Traditional R&B & Straight R&B?

In some cases it’s obvious to differentiate with some songs and sometimes it isn’t for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lionhidden99
    Topics:

Most people DO put her in the same category as Snoop and Queen as far as the Grammys. That’s what matters. The Supremes were huge and so was Diana during her prime. She basically built the “superstar” title we use today. I get that y’all want to hit below the belt and beat each other in this argument, but let’s be reasonable here.

I agree. I wouldn’t say she’s talentless I just think a lot of her contemporaries had more talent than her like Aretha, Natalie, Donna, Dionne, and Roberta. That doesn’t deny the fact they she has yet to win anything yet. The supremes should at least have one especially when the only people that were more successful then them that decade (the Beatles) won 5 and had many nominations. She should at least got one for Endless Love or at least one for the supremes. I also feel like she best example of a superstar with a image that goes with her name. They’re wasn’t really a lot of other people like that at her time. Especially as black female artist. It’s also worth noting her crossover appeal while still making R&B records. Her voice couldn’t grab people attentions like Aretha but her image, songs, and name did.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.