Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 471 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Deemy
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Is Heartbreak Anniversary eligible? As it was on the Take Time EP and that was nominated last year?

It’s eligible. It was released as single this period. Plus he can submit it as a track from When It’s All Said and Done.. Take Time if that was an issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

R&B Performance:
    R&B Song:
    “Leave the Door Open” (Silk Sonic)
    “Damage” (H.E.R.)
    “Pick Up Your Feelings” (Jazmine Sullivan)
    “Good Days” (SZA)
    “Heartbreak Anniversary” (GIVEON)

This would make for a GREAT lineup!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    weird fishes
    Topics:

Good Days deserves Best R&B Song so badly

It stands virtually no chance against Leave the Door Open, though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tasiandee
    Topics:

Well actually Wildside Is top ten at Urban and is also moving up on Rhythmic chart as well. The song has also been clawing it’s way back up the Hot 100 jumping 7 spots in its tenth week on the chart. Radio spins are picking up and the song seems to be gaining traction. Idk what her chances of Nominations are right now but smaller hits have been nominated in the past.

While I agree about the goodwill part, I have to disagree that “Wild Side” is a “big R&B radio hit.” Idk what you consider “big” to be, but if you combine all the radio formats including Top 40, she only has about 16 million in audience impressions. It hasn’t cracked the Top 10 at Urban or Rhythmic Radio and it’s already losing steam.

I’m a fan, but the Grammys don’t seem to care about her. Cardi B’s name attached to the song could help.

I feel like they would rather nominate Chloe over her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I think it’s hard for someone like Normani to get nominated is mainly bc R&B voters mainly have their favorites but since the committee is gone we’ll have to see how voting works out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anonymous me
    Topics:

I wish wizkid will submit essence to the r&b field instead of the global award field. The song is doing well on urban and rhythmic radio is moving fast on the adult r&b charts(which just goes to show that its scoring well with core r&b listeners). it can be the boo’d up of this award season. It’s one of the biggest r&b records of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I wish wizkid will submit essence to the r&b field instead of the global award field. The song is doing well on urban and rhythmic radio is moving fast on the adult r&b charts(which just goes to show that its scoring well with core r&b listeners). it can be the boo’d up of this award season. It’s one of the biggest r&b records of the year.

It won’t beat out Leave the Door Open though. It will easily win in Best Global Music Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Good Days deserves Best R&B Song so badly It stands virtually no chance against Leave the Door Open, though

When we find out Jacob Collier is even a bigger darling than Bruno & Andy. 😀

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

SZA and Jazmine Sullivan NEED to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I personally thought Wild Side belonged in Melodic Rap Performance, rather than R&B Performance or Pop Duo/Group Performance. I don’t know where she stands a chance, probably in neither. 🙁

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I personally thought Wild Side belonged in Melodic Rap Performance, rather than R&B Performance or Pop Duo/Group Performance. I don’t know where she stands a chance, probably in neither. 🙁

Yeah, I don’t see Normani getting a nomination unfortunately

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

Normani MIGHT be one of the grammy’s curveball/nice surprise nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Melodic Rap makes no sense. Are we sure we listened to the same song?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Melodic Rap makes no sense. Are we sure we listened to the same song?

I thought any song that belonged in Rap/Sung Collaboration (2002-2016) or Rap/Sung Performance (2017-2020) belonged in Melodic Rap Performance by default. R&B songs with a brief rap feature are usually submitted in this category.

For example, I was surprised in 2019 when Xtina’s Like I Do was accepted in the Rap field, and even more surprised when it actually got a nomination.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I thought any song that belonged in Rap/Sung Collaboration (2002-2016) or Rap/Sung Performance (2017-2020) belonged in Melodic Rap Performance by default. R&B songs with a brief rap feature are usually submitted in this category.

For example, I was surprised in 2019 when Xtina’s Like I Do was accepted in the Rap field, and even more surprised when it actually got a nomination.

“Like I Do” is more Rap than Wild Side. Wild Side is a R&B record. Plus they updated Rules since then for Melodic Rap. It’s basically Rap songs with melodious verses and choruses not just a rap verse and a vocalist singing the chorus. Maybe under the new regime “Like I Do” wouldn’t be eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.