Home Forums Music 2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 544 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Diamond Tier
Deemy
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, I was NOT surprised.  Christina Aguilera feat. GoldLink’s “Like I Do” is the perfect example of a Rap/Sung Performance.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

R&B PERFORMANCE

H.E.R – Damage
    SZA – Good Days
    Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon- Peaches
    Summer Walker – Body
    Brent Faiyaz f/ Drake & The Neptunes – Wasting Time

TRADITIONAL R&B PERFORMANCE

Jazmine Sullivan – Pick Up Your Feelings
    Silk Sonic – Leave the Door Open
    Anthony Hamilton – You Made A Fool Of Me
    Robert Glasper & Lalah Hathaway – Show Me Your Soul
    Jam & Lewis f/Babyface – He Dont Know Nothin Bout It

R&B SONG

“Heartbreak Anniversary” • Giveon
    “Good Days” • SZA
    “Leave the Door Open” • Silk Sonic
    “Body” • Summer Walker
    “Damage” • H.E.R

R&B ALBUM

Jazmine Sullivan – #HeauxTales
    Jam & Lewis – Jam & Lewis, Vol. 1
    Anthony Hamilton – Love Is the New Black
    Leon Bridges – Gold-Diggers Sound
    Celeste – Not Your Muse (Deluxe)

PROGRESSIVE R&B ALBUM

H.E.R – Back of My Mind
    Snoh Aalegra – Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies
    Yebba – Dawn
    Ty Dolla $ign – Featuring Ty Dolla $ign
    Lucky Daye – Table For Two

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

R&B is going to be the hardest to predict since we haven’t had a non-committee field in so many years it could go anywhere.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

R&B is going to be the hardest to predict since we haven’t had a non-committee field in so many years it could go anywhere.

Agreed. In my head, I feel like only the bigger names will get in like H.E.R., Jazmine, SZA, etc.

I am curious to see if people like Yebba, Lucky Daye or even Snoh Aalegra are “popular” or well-known enough to get through without a committee push… or will we see random noms pop up from the likes of popular R&B artists of the past like Chris Brown, Usher, Alicia Keys, etc.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

When did the R&B category established their committee ?

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, October predictions:

BEST R&B PERFORMANCE
    Giveon, “Heartbreak Anniversary”
    Jam & Lewis feat. Mariah Carey, “Somewhat Loved”
    Jazmine Sullivan feat. H.E.R., “Girl Like Me”
    SZA, “Good Days”
    Summer Walker, “Body”

BEST TRADITIONAL R&B PERFORMANCE
    Andra Day, “Strange Fruit”
    Jennifer Hudson, “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)”
    Jam & Lewis feat. Babyface, “He Don’t Know Nothin’ Bout It”
    Silk Sonic, “Leave the Door Open”
    Jazmine Sullivan, “Pick Up Your Feelings”

BEST R&B SONG
    “Come Through” – Christopher Brown & Gabriella Wilson, songwriters (H.E.R. feat. Chris Brown)

“Damage” – Ant Clemons, Jeff Gitelman, James Harris, Terry Lewis, Carl McCormick, Tiara Thomas & Gabriella Wilson, songwriters (H.E.R.)

“Heartbreak Anniversary” – Maneesh Bidaye, Giveon Evans, Sevn Thomas & Varren Wade, songwriters (Giveon)

“Leave the Door Open” – Brandon Anderson, Christopher Brody Brown, Dernst Emile II & Bruno Mars, songwriters (Silk Sonic)

“Pick Up Your Feelings” – Denisia “Blu June” Andrews, Audra Mae Butts, Kyle Coleman, Brittany “Chi” Coney, Michael Holmes & Jazmine Sullivan, songwriters (Jazmine Sullivan)

“Wasting Time” – Aubrey Graham, Chad Hugo, Nick Kobe, Pharrell Williams & Christopher Wood, songwriters (Brent Faiyaz feat. Drake)

BEST PROGRESSIVE R&B ALBUM
    Eric Bellinger, New Light
    Robert Glasper & Terrace Martin, R+R=Now Live
    H.E.R., Back of My Mind
    Tinashe, 333
    Byson Tiller, Anniversary

BEST R&B ALBUM
    Leon Bridges, Gold-Diggers Sound
    Lucky Daye, Table for Two
    Anthony Hamilton, Love Is the New Black
    Jam & Lewis, Jam & Lewis: Volume 1
    Jazmine Sullivan, Heaux Tales

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Come Through has been one of my favorite songs of the year. I was gonna say, I could see that nominated somewhere.

Somewhat Loved constantly gets radio play as well.

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

A lot of you are underestimating Wild Side, here’s why:

1. Heartbreak anniversary might not be eligible. It was released in earlier 2020. And a song from that ep and the ep itself got submitted which means the song was probably already submitted too. Also with the committee out H.E.R. Won’t sweep the R&b field nominations the way she usually does. It’s possible but I have a feeling her album will be what they focus on vs the singles.

2. Normani has a lot of industry support and Wild Side has gotten lots of support from celebs. Ariana Grande posted about, lizzo, Ciara, jojo, fka Twigs, Ashanti, etc have made tik toks to the song. Lil baby posted a story the other day on IG using a lyric from the song. With the committee out, it makes perfect sense that a song that has been lots of industry support gets in.

3. Wild side is a commercial hit. It peaked at number 14 on the bbhot100 which is higher than a lot of songs in contention. And it’s been slowly rising up the charts lately and taking off on radio and Tik Tok.

4. Cardi B. First WAP might not be eligible, and if it’s not then the focus will shift to UP but more than likely UP will get snubbed in the Rap field. Rumors isn’t doing too great, it could still get in but I don’t see it. Wild side is her best shot at a nomination outside of WAP. And if WAP is really ineligible the Grammys will definitely nominate her for something and this will probably be that something.

Idk about Best R&B song but I think it has potential for Best R&B performance. it also has potential for Best Music Video. The video director is having a breakout year. And “urban” leaning songs tend to do well there. With that said I think we’ll have to wait until the soul train nominations to see who will most likely get nominated. Either way it’s bound to be tons of women getting nominated this year which is a step up from last year.

Grammys FYC:

Normani ft Cardi B - Wild Side (ROTY, Best Music Video, R&B Song/Performance)

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales(R&B Album)

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

A lot of you are underestimating Wild Side, here’s why:

1. Heartbreak anniversary might not be eligible. It was released in earlier 2020. And a song from that ep and the ep itself got submitted which means the song was probably already submitted too. Also with the committee out H.E.R. Won’t sweep the R&b field nominations the way she usually does. It’s possible but I have a feeling her album will be what they focus on vs the singles.

2. Normani has a lot of industry support and Wild Side has gotten lots of support from celebs. Ariana Grande posted about, lizzo, Ciara, jojo, fka Twigs, Ashanti, etc have made tik toks to the song. Lil baby posted a story the other day on IG using a lyric from the song. With the committee out, it makes perfect sense that a song that has been lots of industry support gets in.

3. Wild side is a commercial hit. It peaked at number 14 on the bbhot100 which is higher than a lot of songs in contention. And it’s been slowly rising up the charts lately and taking off on radio and Tik Tok.

4. Cardi B. First WAP might not be eligible, and if it’s not then the focus will shift to UP but more than likely UP will get snubbed in the Rap field. Rumors isn’t doing too great, it could still get in but I don’t see it. Wild side is her best shot at a nomination outside of WAP. And if WAP is really ineligible the Grammys will definitely nominate her for something and this will probably be that something.

Idk about Best R&B song but I think it has potential for Best R&B performance. it also has potential for Best Music Video. The video director is having a breakout year. And “urban” leaning songs tend to do well there. With that said I think we’ll have to wait until the soul train nominations to see who will most likely get nominated. Either way it’s bound to be tons of women getting nominated this year which is a step up from last year.

Giveon submitted Like I Want You last year. Heartbreak Anniversary is included on an eligible re-lease this year but even if it wasn’t it would still be eligible having not been submitted before 🙂

Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

I wasn’t sure about the submissions but if that’s the case Giveon is definitely getting in for Heartbreak anniversary more than likely in Best R&B song. Performance could happen too but I don’t see him getting four nominations. And honestly I believe Peaches will get pop/duo and ROTY noms.

Grammys FYC:

Normani ft Cardi B - Wild Side (ROTY, Best Music Video, R&B Song/Performance)

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales(R&B Album)

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

“Body” • Summer Walker  

Is this even eligible?

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Is this even eligible?

Yes. Omg these “if this even eligible” questions are annoying. Lol. She’s never been nominated before and her submissions for Over It were Come Thru and Playing Games. Body was sent to radio and got a video this season so it’s eligible. I think with the straight vote we might see a well deserved Nod for Summer. Plus she’s dropping her second album in the middle of voting season.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Yes. Omg these “if this even eligible” questions are annoying. Lol. She’s never been nominated before and her submissions for Over It were Come Thru and Playing Games. Body was sent to radio and got a video this season so it’s eligible. I think with the straight vote we might see a well deserved Nod for Summer. Plus she’s dropping her second album in the middle of voting season.

Sorry I just know it got released in October 2019 so therefore I didn’t think it was eligible

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Giveon can totally get four nominations.  He had a good year.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Honey, Giveon can totally get four nominations. He had a good year.

I wish he was eligible for Best New Artist because he deserves it. I have him bagging 4 noms.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘2021/2022 GRAMMY R&B Field Contenders’ is closed to new replies.