Home Forums Music 2021 (63rd) Grammy predictions for the “unpopular” categories

2021 (63rd) Grammy predictions for the “unpopular” categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Jenny Lewis Fan
Emmyfan
James Otto Sw..
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

As with last year, the following categories shouldn’t be discussed in this thred:

General Field, Pop and Rap. Normally I’d add R&B and Country, but given the weak year, you can bring them up here.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

I wish that something new from Alison Krauss was out there because 24 of her 44 Grammy nominations have taken place in the more unpopular categories or in those that do not even exist anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Alison_Krauss#Grammy_Awards

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I wish the Grammys would present blues, jazz and dance and even video during the main telecast. Scrap some of the performances and show some of the nominees from the video categories or even have some of the nominees from the Comedy Recording category perform throughout the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I wish that something new from Alison Krauss was out there because 24 of her 44 Grammy nominations have taken place in the more unpopular categories or in those that do not even exist anymore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Alison_Krauss#Grammy_Awards God bless you and her always!!! Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

I love Alison, and we’ll have to wait an see what new things she brings.

On American Roots though, Indigo Girls are the only ones I can predict so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I wish the Grammys would present blues, jazz and dance and even video during the main telecast. Scrap some of the performances and show some of the nominees from the video categories or even have some of the nominees from the Comedy Recording category perform throughout the show.

A little correction: It’s not Best Comedy Album.

Second, I 100% agree the Grammys are flooded with unnecessary performances. That’s why I only watch the premiere ceremony/pre-show these days.

It’s been awhile since we had a Jazz album in the GF. I think we could use one if there are any valid ones this season because albums as a whole this season aren’t so great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Now that’s Ken’s gone hopefully this can happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Who’s Ken again?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

I love Alison, and we’ll have to wait an see what new things she brings.

I said in my previous message that 24 of her nominations have taken place in the more unpopular categories or in those that do not even exist anymore. That may be wrong depending on how you look at what she has been in there for. Out of her 44 nominations, she has four in the general field and two in the pop field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Alison_Krauss#Grammy_Awards

God bless you and Alison always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1994)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Alternative lineup:

MAGDALENE by FKA twigs
    The Slow Rush by Tame Impala
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters by Fiona Apple
    Notes on a Conditional Form by The 1975
    Miss Anthropocene by Grimes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I said in my previous message that 24 of her nominations have taken place in the more unpopular categories or in those that do not even exist anymore. That may be wrong depending on how you look at what she has been in there for. Out of her 44 nominations, she has four in the general field and two in the pop field. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Alison_Krauss#Grammy_Awards God bless you and Alison always!!! Holly (a fan of her since 1994)

Alright. I think I got your point. I was just saying that Alison nowadays competes mostly in American Roots. It’d be a tad farfetched to see her in bigger categories given the competition within AR alone.

Do you have any predictions for any AR category?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

A little correction: It’s not Best Comedy Album.

Second, I 100% agree the Grammys are flooded with unnecessary performances. That’s why I only watch the premiere ceremony/pre-show these days.

It’s been awhile since we had a Jazz album in the GF. I think we could use one if there are any valid ones this season because albums as a whole this season aren’t so great.

Sorry, but I do understand your correction. Are you saying it is not Best Comedy Album or did you mean to say that it is Best Comedy Album?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I am so happy that Ken Ehrlich is gone, but it will be interesting to see who replaces Deborah Dugan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

A little correction: It’s not Best Comedy Album.

Actually, I would like to see a jazz award to be given out during the main telecast and go beyond having a jazz album nominated for Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Sorry, but I do understand your correction. Are you saying it is not Best Comedy Album or did you mean to say that it is Best Comedy Album?

Whoops, it is Best Comedy Album. Error there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Actually, I would like to see a jazz award to be given out during the main telecast and go beyond having a jazz album nominated for Album of the Year.

Classical, Jazz, World Music, New Age and Reggae should occasionally be presented. Children’s Music too sometimes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.