Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 465 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Pauly Antonio
M
  • daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Haven’t seen anyone talk about Selena Gomez and her two new releases yet… “Lose You To Love Me” is shaping up to be her biggest song and potentially a #1 smash. Lot of parallels to Ariana and thank u, next

I can see the parallels but we have to admit it: Selena Gomez is a mediocre artist. She doesn’t have the voice, the range, the total package Ariana has. So it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Grammys just didn’t pay attention to her, no matter how big her hit is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao it seems like Jesus Is King will be panned by critics. The downhill from MBDTF, Yeezus to TLOP, Ye and JIK is mind blowing. Goodbye Grammys

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Tame Impala is releasing a new album called The Slow Rush in 2020. Besides Alternative, it might be in contention for Best Recording Package since its cover art is stunning.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Skies.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Jesus Is King got 57 score on Metacritic without counting The Lines of Best Fit (4/10) and Variety (mixed)

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Pitchfork is about give him a 4.8

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    geoffapple
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Jesus Is King got 57 score on Metacritic without counting The Lines of Best Fit (4/10) and Variety (mixed)

</p>
    yikes I don’t even think the album is THAT bad…

hunger hurts but starving works when it costs too much to love...

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao it seems like Jesus Is King will be panned by critics. The downhill from MBDTF, Yeezus to TLOP, Ye and JIK is mind blowing. Goodbye Grammys

I don’t think his goal was to create a mind expanding album like MBDTF. He specifically said “he wants to spread the gospel of god”. I don’t think he primary wants to win ROTY or Best Rap Song with this album lol.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    geoffapple
    Participant
    Topics:

Kanye released Jesus is King today. I wonder if it’ll be put in Rap or Gospel. I think it has a good chance of getting a nomination if its nominated in Gospel Album.

A Gospel album nod is 100% not happening

hunger hurts but starving works when it costs too much to love...

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, I like the Selena song “Lose You To Love Me” but it will not be nominated for a single Grammy. The Recording Academy does not take her seriously as an “artist.” She is the equivalent to Jennifer Lopez. You can’t compare her to Demi Lovato (killer vocalist) nor Shawn Mendes (an actual singer/songwriter), just because they are similar in age. It is what it is. Selena can stay happy with all the money she makes and her MTV awards, because a Grammy is not in her future.

As for Kanye… I enjoyed his new (very short) album. I don’t know if the Gospel genre categories are voted on by popular vote or a jury. If it is by popular vote though, then I think he will score 3 nominations next year in Gospel and that’s it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think his goal was to create a mind expanding album like MBDTF. He specifically said “he wants to spread the gospel of god”. I don’t think he primary wants to win ROTY or Best Rap Song with this album lol.

LOL if you truly believe that.

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys really don’t like Selena Gomez! It Ain’t Me was one of the best dance songs of 2017 and was one of the best selling songs of that year. The Grammys changed the rules for that category that year disqualifying that song soniy couldn’t be sumbmitted and then the year after that they changed the rules back allowing Dula Peep to win with electricity! LYTLM needs to be a smash hit for t to be nominated but I think it will cause the locals and GP are eating it up

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

If Selena gets a number 1 with this song, I would be very proud. Years of hard work and being denied by the general public would certainly help her case. I might not like the song, but I do think her other singles reallly deserved more than what they were aiming for or pushed for.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

The October-November releases are kind of the predicament of what to expect the following year in terms of mainstream music. It’s also a very favorited month for artists to release their music weirdly enough, also a month/Time that I’ve seen the most AOTY nominees come out of like:

Adele (25)
    Bruno Mars (24k Magic)

Childish Gambino (Awaken My Love)
    Justin Bieber (Purpose)
    Her (Her)
    Taylor Swift (1989)
    Beyonce (Beyonce)
    Taylor Swift (Red)
    Kendrick Lamar (Good Kid, Mad City)

I think particularly because it gives an artist an entire year to promote their material, they don’t want to release their material to late either. I’ve also noticed that March/April are popular months as well. So far there hasn’t been a standout album for 2021 but there still is the month of November and anything can happen then.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

The October-November releases are kind of the predicament of what to expect the following year in terms of mainstream music. It’s also a very favorited month for artists to release their music weirdly enough, also a month/Time that I’ve seen the most AOTY nominees come out of like: Adele (25) Bruno Mars (24k Magic) Childish Gambino (Awaken My Love) Justin Bieber (Purpose) Her (Her) Taylor Swift (1989) Beyonce (Beyonce) Taylor Swift (Red) Kendrick Lamar (Good Kid, Mad City) I think particularly because it gives an artist an entire year to promote their material, they don’t want to release their material to late either. I’ve also noticed that March/April are popular months as well. So far there hasn’t been a standout album for 2021 but there still is the month of November and anything can happen then.

I think if they are normally mainstream and they stick towards these awards, they will get nominated. But they typically have to be mainstream monsters. Think A Star is Born for the 62ND Grammys. We shall see if they will be nominated.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Kanye West could get into Gospel Album a la Tori Kelly. The Christian Community is embracing him; all he needs is a big hit in Gospel radio.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 465 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.