Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
Pauly Antonio
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

Guess it’s over for Kanye (maybe didnt even started) but the critics are destroying his album. Consequence of sound gave him a 0

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by jowgbruno.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Guess it’s over for Kanye (maybe didnt even started) but the critics are destroying his album. Consequence of sound gave him a 0

His Album was rushed, lyrics were forced, and they production didn’t flow together quiet well.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

The Grammys really don’t like Selena Gomez! It Ain’t Me was one of the best dance songs of 2017 and was one of the best selling songs of that year. The Grammys changed the rules for that category that year disqualifying that song soniy couldn’t be sumbmitted and then the year after that they changed the rules back allowing Dula Peep to win with electricity! LYTLM needs to be a smash hit for t to be nominated but I think it will cause the locals and GP are eating it up

I made the mistake of predicting Revival for a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination way back when. I should have known the Grammys will do the most to not nominate one of the biggest fads in pop music since Jennifer Lopez. But even she managed to score a couple of nominations in her prime, hence my Revival prediction. Although I don’t think Selena will ever get nominated for Grammys. At least JLO can perform. Selena is very.. mediocre.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I should have known the Grammys will do the most to not nominate one of the biggest fads in pop music since Jennifer Lopez.

This level of delusion is too much. In what way was Selena a fad in 2016, let alone her being one now.

Grande’s stan boys are really pulling out every string in order to discredit Selena’s current success.

I think Kanye’s album is damn near great sonically and the production is A1. The lyrical content, though, is barren.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If the Grammy’s nominated and/or rewarded Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello all in one year (all of whom used to be considered too leightweight to be taken seriously by Pop Voters) what makes you think that Selena won’t get nominated if this song ends up being a hit?

Not a fan of hers. But this song ain’t any worse than Dua Lipa, Camila or Ariana’s songs. The lyrics are okay though.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

This level of delusion is too much. In what way was Selena a fad in 2016, let alone her being one now. Grande’s stan boys are really pulling out every string in order to discredit Selena’s current success.

I mean don’t get me wrong. I like Selena Gomez and have been a fan of her since her Disney phase. Some of her songs are excellent (e.g. Good For You, Hands to Myself, It Ain’t Me, Bad Liar). She has an excellent ability in curating which songs to add to her repertoire based on her musical style and vocal ability. In fact she knows her style very well and has made a name for herself in the EDM and Dance genres. But it doesn’t change the fact that Selena is not very talented.

Her contributions to the songwriting and production is there, but quite minimal. But I don’t really have an issue with that. My main critique is that Selena Gomez cannot sing well, at all. Even on recordings, her vocal work comes off bland. Don’t even get me started on her lives. You don’t have to be Whitney Houston-level talent vocally to be a singer, but at least be competent. Selena is just.. not. Her talent does not warrant the amount of success she has received. Selena’s success has been carried by waves of tabloids, PR stunts in some cases (e.g. the Niall Horan dating rumours) and her beauty. Which is why I think she’s an industry plant / fad.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

If the Grammy’s nominated and/or rewarded Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello all in one year (all of whom used to be considered too leightweight to be taken seriously by Pop Voters) what makes you think that Selena won’t get nominated if this song ends up being a hit? Not a fan of hers. But this song ain’t any worse than Dua Lipa, Camila or Ariana’s songs. The lyrics are okay though.

I made the mistake of predicting Revival for BPVA and I just don’t want to make the same mistake again. I thought Revival was a decent album tbh and I thought Selena Gomez was the next big thing in teen pop music just like Britney Spears. Of course Selena was snubbed. Revival was at the time her biggest era commercially. Even if Selena’s next album tops it, I still don’t think she could get a nomination. Her talent is just not there and I think its ultimately why she was snubbed for Revival.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Bcoz Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa can actually sing. Camila is trash but Selena is a whole other level of trash.

Exactly. You may hate Ariana and Dua’s music, but their music is arguably better than what Camila and Selena have put out.

Profile picture
    More Than a Woman
    Topics:

Bcoz Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa can actually sing. Camila is trash but Selena is a whole other level of trash.

We’re still calling women trash because we don’t like their music…. How puerile. Selena, Ariana, Dua and Camila are all around the same level. Let’s not forget that Ms. Lipa has the stage presence of a dead horse.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

We’re still calling women trash because we don’t like their music…. How puerile. Selena, Ariana, Dua and Camila are all around the same level. Let’s not forget that Ms. Lipa has the stage presence of a dead horse.

Darling, no. Just because they’re in the same genre (pop) and cater to similar audiences doesn’t mean they are in the same level.

1. Ariana. She makes trap-pop and R&B style music. She is the most vocally talented of the bunch. She has access to whistle register and has used falsetto register consistently well. She has a wide vocal range and is vocally agile. She has the most diverse repertoire thanks to her strong understanding of musical interpretation – we’re talking broadway, classical, top 40s pop, R&B and hip hop. As a result, she has made the most interesting music of the bunch as well.

2. Selena. She makes dance-pop and EDM style music. She struggles to sing on pitch evident from her live performances where she cannot stay on key. Even on recordings, she is limited by her vocal ability and her songs rely heavily on the production, but she has used this to her advantage by picking musically interesting songs at times e.g. Bad Liar.

3. Dua. She makes tropical house pop music. She is a talented vocalist and has the best tone and vocal colour of the bunch, along with Ariana. She lacks stage presence. She doesn’t have enough records out for me to say much else about her.

4. Camila. She makes Latin-style pop music. Her music is lyrically sparse and repetitive. She is an average vocalist. She struggles to sing in the upper vocal ranges and she sings very nasally. Granted, Ariana also sings nasally at times, but only in live performances. Camila records her nasal vocal performances to be played on the airwaves for everyone to hear.

Profile picture
    More Than a Woman
    Topics:

Bitch you just slammed me for attacking women and then you likened Dua Lipa to a dead horse? Stop the hypocrisy pls.

You idiot. I did NOT liken Dua herself to a dead horse. I was talking about her stage presence if you read my comment. You straight up called two women trash for not liking there music. That’s childish.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

If the Grammy’s nominated and/or rewarded Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello all in one year (all of whom used to be considered too leightweight to be taken seriously by Pop Voters) what makes you think that Selena won’t get nominated if this song ends up being a hit? Not a fan of hers. But this song ain’t any worse than Dua Lipa, Camila or Ariana’s songs. The lyrics are okay though.

I know you don’t like Ariana, but please don’t put Camila on the same league as her/Dua/Selena/whatever. That’s offensive.

Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Very few artist has brilliant stage presence. Neither ari has good stage presence nor selena,  camilla has but dua lipa’s stage presence is worst and  disgusting  … They have to learn stage presence from TAYLOR SWIFT, BEYONCE… Taylor and beyonce have whole stadiums in palm of their hands…

Um.. Taylor Swift’s and Beyonce’s stage presence are not comparable.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.