Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
abelfenty
Boz
Darren
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

BRP won’t have the guts to block Adele. The backlash and the boycott will be huge, especially in a 8 nominee lineup.

They love her. She brings in the ratings like no one else can. They won’t care if she wins 3 times. She’s the type of artist who deserves that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele already won ROTY, AOTY, and SOTY twice and the BRP tends to mix things up. She’s definitely in danger of being blocked out even if she should get in by popular vote. If her next era underperforms (by her standards), she could be relagated to Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

BRP won’t have the guts to block Adele. The backlash and the boycott will be huge

Will it, though? If anything, Adele winning tends to cause more backlash than her losing. Lemondade losing to 25 was a big moment that everyone agreed was an undeserved win.

I can assure you no one outside of moms all over America will care.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

BRP won’t have the guts to block Adele. The backlash and the boycott will be huge, especially in a 8 nominee lineup.

Although it was a 5 nominee lineup, they had no problem shutting out Ed Sheeran after his undeniably biggest era.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Although it was a 5 nominee lineup, they had no problem shutting out Ed Sheeran after his undeniably biggest era.

Please.. Ed Sheeran is not on the same level as Adele, saying this as a fan myself.

Adele is in her own undeniable league.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Will it, though? If anything, Adele winning tends to cause more backlash than her losing. Lemondade losing to 25 was a big moment that everyone agreed was an undeserved win.

I can assure you no one outside of moms all over America will care.

Um, what kind of “Lemonade” will there be in 2020? None most likely.

There won’t be backlash, if Kendrick Lamar, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé etc lose to Adele in 2021. Kendrick lost to Taylor Swift and Kacey Musgraves before. So losing to Adele will be nothing compared to that.

Unless Beyoncé releases something on Lemonade’s level, there won’t be any backlash. And let me tell you something, Beyoncé won’t reach Lemonade’s peak again, sorry.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Please.. Ed Sheeran is not on the same level as Adele, saying this as a fan myself.

Adele is in her own undeniable league.

True. However it shows they aren’t afraid of blocking out blockbuster albums by artists they like.

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele is more respected by the Grammys than Ed.

It took years for Ed and huge smash hit to finally win a Grammy
    Adele won her first 2 Grammys when she was basically unknown in the US and over more popular artists.

One thing that helps Adele is that she’s not overexposed. It’s not like she’s winning Grammys every year like Beyoncé or Kendrick Lamar. She basically disappears and comes back every 5 years. For example, Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran have released 2 more studio albums since 2017 and we haven’t heard anything new about Adele since she swept the Grammys in early 2017. It would be 4 years by the 2021 Grammys asuming she releases next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

The most I could see is the BRP locking Adele out of ROTY/SOTY and even that seems impossible. She will certainly get nominated across the board and it would be shocking if she didn’t sweep.

I also think Adele is well-liked enough that her being the first woman to win AOTY three times would be less controversial than say, Taylor Swift. Especially if her sales are through the roof again.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope for new material from Alison Krauss, LeAnn Rimes, James Otto, and Trace Adkins. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Um, what kind of “Lemonade” will there be in 2020? None most likely.

There won’t be backlash, if Kendrick Lamar, Gaga, Rihanna, Beyoncé etc lose to Adele in 2021. Kendrick lost to Taylor Swift and Kacey Musgraves before. So losing to Adele will be nothing compared to that.

Unless Beyoncé releases something on Lemonade’s level, there won’t be any backlash. And let me tell you something, Beyoncé won’t reach Lemonade’s peak again, sorry.

You never know what albums will be released. For all we know Adele won’t even release this cycle.

And yes, Kendrick Lamar lost to Taylor Swift, which also prompted a lot of hate comments to the Grammy’s for obvious reasons. If he does something as acclaimed or commercially-viable as DAMN or To Pimp A Butterfly, he’s a contender.

There are also many artists who could come back with a blockbuster like Lemonade. You’re being way too damn confident on a project that isn’t even announced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

True. However it shows they aren’t afraid of blocking out blockbuster albums by artists they like.

And with Reputation, they showed that they aren’t scared of snubbing underperformances, even if said underperformances sell more than a million first week.

Grammy darlings eventually stop becoming Grammy darlings one day. It’s happened to all of them, and it’s happen to Adele someday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

It sucks that Kendrick Lamar at his prime never got an AOTY. To Pimp A Butterfly was his peak and Good Kid Maad City was very close. Damn and Black Panther were definitely downgrades with more pop appeal elements. I’m worried Kendrick Lamar will only win AOTY for a considerably lesser album – like how Scorcese got his Oscar for The Departed.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do my forum games!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/72nd-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-game-nominated-but-not-for-best-picture/

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/games-lets-play-games/81st-oscars-runner-up-5-elimination-game/

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith upcoming album has many anticipating, I can’t wait to hear what he brings

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

And of course, Adele is easily gonna sweep this bitch… you heard it first

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  OneAndOnly.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.