Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
Pauly Antonio
  • Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele won’t sweep anything again honey

Next year GF you prob be a Rihanna vs Gaga kind of thing

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele won’t sweep anything again honey Next year GF you prob be a Rihanna vs Gaga kind of thing

Sure… we’ll see about that

I will always love you

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihanna struggles to win solo Grammys – I seriously doubt she’ll be huge threat in the GF unless R9 is met by an abundance of acclaim.

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

They’d nominate her for AOTY and SOTY(for the album’s biggest hit/lead). Without a ROTY nomination, someone else(besides the BNA) would be a GF winner.

I guess that’s my point? I could see the BRP wanting to put some barriers between her winning a third AOTY, or wanting to remove the chance of another GF sweep, but I can’t them blocking her completely.

brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Um, what kind of “Lemonade” will there be in 2020? And let me tell you something, Beyoncé won’t reach Lemonade’s peak again, sorry.

The same was said when she released her self-titled album lmaoooo

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele himself says to Grammys that Beyonce should won so we know Grammy will make right and shut her down if Beyonce release.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele himself

Adele HIMSELF omg

im-

y'all ugly and smelly

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

They will block her if she’s deniable in any way. “Set Fire to the Rain” and “Skyfall” both missed in the general field.

Definitely not.

Set Fire to the Rain (LIVE) wasn’t eligible in the general field.

@sharon1 revealed that Skyfall wasn’t submitted to SOTY / ROTY / Pop Performance (https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/grammy-submissions-for-the-59th-annual-grammy-awards/page/8/#post-1201942355).

Adele’s only exclusion was Best Music Video (Hello).

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely not.

Set Fire to the Rain (LIVE) wasn’t eligible in the general field.

@sharon1 revealed that Skyfall wasn’t submitted to SOTY / ROTY / Pop Performance (https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/grammy-submissions-for-the-59th-annual-grammy-awards/page/8/#post-1201942355).

Adele’s only exclusion was Best Music Video (Hello).

“Skyfall” was not entered in Pop Solo Performance, but it was entered in Record and Song of the Year, and passed over. I remember this from 2013 and I don’t know how long this cache will last, but I checked here:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pdLQcmkZ4hMJ:https://awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php%3F33948-Grammy-Submissions-2013/page2+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

“Set Fire to the Rain” was eligible and entered for ROTY. SOTY was the category it wasn’t eligible in.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The same was said when she released her self-titled album lmaoooo

I hope she does. But it won’t be possible. Lemonade came at a time when Beyoncé managed to turn her life’s lowest-point (family problems, cheating etc..) into a strength and a peak in her career.

Lemonade is so personal and empowering that it’s just hard to create something as authentic as that album again.

John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

“Skyfall” was not entered in Pop Solo Performance, but it was entered in Record and Song of the Year, and passed over. I remember this from 2013 and I don’t know how long this cache will last, but I checked here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pdLQcmkZ4hMJ:https://awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php%3F33948-Grammy-Submissions-2013/page2+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari “Set Fire to the Rain” was entered for ROTY. SOTY was the category it wasn’t eligible in.

Set The Fire was eligible a year after she won 6 Grammys, and it’s live version actually won Pop Solo against bigger hits. Of course she wouldn’t get in ROTY with a live version of a decent-sized hit a year after a clean sweep. Now, she took a long break and when she comes back everybody will hop back on Adele train, she is undeniable with her lead singles/albums.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

“Skyfall” was not entered in Pop Solo Performance, but it was entered in Record and Song of the Year, and passed over. I remember this from 2013 and I don’t know how long this cache will last, but I checked here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pdLQcmkZ4hMJ:https://awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php%3F33948-Grammy-Submissions-2013/page2+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari “Set Fire to the Rain” was eligible and entered for ROTY. SOTY was the category it wasn’t eligible in.

Say one live version nominated in SOTY. However, SFTTR (Live) won songs nominated in SOTY / ROTY as Stronger (Kelly Clarkson) and Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen) in Pop Solo.

@sharon1 has been providing Grammy submissions for years. Her words >

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adele sweeps one more time it’ll definitely tarnish the Grammys reputation and show that there’s blatant favouritism and bias towards her, which we already knew there was. If this happens it’ll damage the Grammys more than help it. I also think everyone is fuckin sick of seeing Adele sweep all the GF(and genre) categories every time she releases. It kinda got out of hand after 25

If her competition is weak, her album is a massive success or her album garners a lot of acclaim (or a mixture of all three), it won’t tarnish the Grammys any more than it already has been. Let’s wait to see what she brings before we declare a win or snub her way. She could flop, but she could also put out some of her best work ever. You can’t deny an artist if the work is great, no matter how many times she has won. Panelists should to be extra careful about snubbing artists just because they’ve won before. It would look too transparent.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Say one live version nominated in SOTY. However, SFTTR (Live) won songs nominated in SOTY / ROTY as Stronger (Kelly Clarkson) and Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen) in Pop Solo.

This is possible because the general field nominations are determined by committee. This is why you will sometimes see songs not even get nominated in the pop categories but they will be nominated for Record/Song of the Year.

Please stop arguing if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

This is possible because the general field nominations are determined by committee. This is why you will sometimes see songs not even get nominated in the pop categories but they will be nominated for Record/Song of the Year.

Say one live version nominated in SOTY.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.