Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
Pauly Antonio
  • fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Home With You is actual perfection. Holy Terrain is so disappointing as the album’s only feature. I say this as a huge Future fan, but he spent like 5 minutes on writing his verse. It was a complete afterthought for him, she probably wasn’t paying him enough and didn’t consider the song important.

And Arca’s production is off kilter, complex, chilling and danceable all at the same time, but Nicolas Jaar’s production is just absolutely beautiful on Magdalene.

I saw Arca play a free “concert” like summer 2018. It was so strange, there was no singing, no DJing, no live instrumentation. It was just them walking around between various mini stages with things like a crashed car and an electric chair, and posing on all the set pieces and flailing around on them while a sountrack of basically just harsh noise music played over everything. The Audience followed them around from stage to stage. So weird but I still really enjoy some of Arca’s music.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Home With You is actual perfection.

I think the sentiment on the song was great. Again, it was the vocal manipulation on her voice that made it seem to annoying.

Barnacles Bro

Jackson200495
    Participant
    Topics:

Could we add Miranda Lambert’s Wildcard to the list of potential AOTY nominees? 82 on metacritic and she seems to be a frequent Grammy nominee, nominated for country song this year as well.

I suppose it could also go the other way, especially since albums of hers like Platinum had more acclaim and still missed the AOTY nod. With 8 slots though maybe?

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess I’m gonna be in the minority for not really caring for Visions, it was a first time A, third time A-, after that just thrown in the B pile situation, I still consider oblivions one of the best singles of the decade but as a whole it’s too thin, doesn’t have enough layers. Art Angels reconstructs what I would normally consider guilty pleasure pop elements into something incredibly intriguing, and is so much more emotionally expressive.

Could we add Miranda Lambert’s Wildcard to the list of potential AOTY nominees? 82 on metacritic and she seems to be a frequent Grammy nominee, nominated for country song this year as well. I suppose it could also go the other way, especially since albums of hers like Platinum had more acclaim and still missed the AOTY nod. With 8 slots though maybe?

I don’t know what the panel’s got against her, platinum should’ve been a top tier contender that year, wildcard is one of her lesser works but still a very enjoyable album, I personally won’t nominate her in aoty but I would still welcome a nomination for her as reward for being one of the most consistent album-artists of the century

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I would go predicting any of the nominees just yet. There has been many albums released last eligibility that had chances to be nominated before 2019 year started, yet none were nominated this year. The really only time that I would be nominated would be The Highwomen because of Brandi but we need to see if it holds up this year.

Barnacles Bro

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Will “The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show” album be eligible for Traditional Pop? Or will it compete in Soundtrack?

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

wasn’t her first christmas album submitted to country?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess Roxanne is our first RoTY contender for this season. It just hit TOP 5 and it’s bound to hit that #1 once airplay catches up.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t see Roxanne happening anywhere. It is just a placeholder streaming hit while there is a lull in good music, it will have been completely forgotten by the start of next year. Uzi and Carti and Riri and Travis Scott Cactus Jack all are about the release and Roxanne will fall out of the streaming top 10.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Roxanne is just another Ransom. It won’t get in anywhere.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Roxanne doesn’t have the all-audiences appeal that Old Town Road had.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

old town road was apparently a “must-hear” phenomenon amongst critics, similar the scale of bodak yellow and this is america, both ended up topping village voice’s annual critics poll, the newer tik tok hits are not operating on the same level

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do radios have such a hard on for Maroon 5? Does every goddamn Maroon 5 have to be a hit?

I am sick of their sexism. They’re so quick to move on from established female artists in their 30s like Beyoncé, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson.. but Maroon 5? God forbid!

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do radios have such a hard on for Maroon 5? Does every goddamn Maroon 5 have to be a hit? I am sick of their sexism. They’re so quick to move on from established female artists in their 30s like Beyoncé, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson.. but Maroon 5? God forbid!

Memories is a great song that’s doing amazing with sales and streams. Older audiences love Maroon 5, not so sure about Beyonce or Gaga

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Adult Comptemporary Artists need to suck a truck and come out with something that does not to repreat the same refrains over and over again

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.