Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
DYNASTY
  • Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Why do radios have such a hard on for Maroon 5? Does every goddamn Maroon 5 have to be a hit?

I am sick of their sexism. They’re so quick to move on from established female artists in their 30s like Beyoncé, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson.. but Maroon 5? God forbid!

My take is the inverse of yours. You’re like, Beyoncé + Gaga deserve to stay relevant like Maroon 5 has. I’m like, Maroon 5 deserves to fade into irrelevance like Lady Gaga and Beyoncé have. My take is, anyone who is not contributing to the culture can get the f___ out the way for new talent. Maroon 5 can go ahead and retire like ten years ago please.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I listened to the new Roddy Ricch album that dropped today, it was very solid. I see The Box doing big streaming numbers and Roddie getting some rap noms next year. Being nominated this year with Nipsey won’t hurt his chances.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

My take is the inverse of yours. You’re like, Beyoncé + Gaga deserve to stay relevant like Maroon 5 has. I’m like, Maroon 5 deserves to fade into irrelevance like Lady Gaga and Beyoncé have. My take is, anyone who is not contributing to the culture can get the f___ out the way for new talent. Maroon 5 can go ahead and retire like ten years ago please.

Irrelevance? Umm… Gaga has had the biggest album of this Grammy’s year (which will probably get her a total of 5 Grammy’s). And Beyoncé had two of the biggest albums of this decade, just few years ago.

Kindly sit the fuck down.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Yeah and Maroon 5 is also still fucking massive for some inexplicable reason. They are both massive yet irrelevant.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Also Beyoncé and Gaga don’t need to stay “relevant like Maroon 5”. They already are way more relevant.

My take was that why radios don’t seem to have an issue with overplaying older men, but older women vanish very quickly from their playlists.

Lemonade got no airplay. And Shallow got a bit of airplay only when it reached #1 with pretty much sales and streams only.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Maroon 5 got the radio airplay boost, but Lady Gaga got the big budget Hollywood blockbuster boost. It’s not like Maroon 5 really got the better deal.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Maroon 5 got the radio airplay boost, but Lady Gaga got the big budget Hollywood blockbuster boost. It’s not like Maroon 5 really got the better deal.

I’m talking in general. Radios are ageist towards women. It’s not news.

Anyway, point made. Moving on.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

The Highwomen! Brandi will get her next AOTY nomination!

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

It’s looking like Harry Styles has the critics mostly on his side, it looks like it’s a bigger critical success than his previous album. I see him being a contender next year with the right submissions and if he can build any commercial buzz. Unfortunately he’s releasing this year, as year-end lists won’t help him next year.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

It’s looking like Harry Styles has the critics mostly on his side, it looks like it’s a bigger critical success than his previous album. I see him being a contender next year with the right submissions and if he can build any commercial buzz. Unfortunately he’s releasing this year, as year-end lists won’t help him next year.

They can include him next year.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I see Harry Styles as being… critically successful and commercially successful, but not a standout of the year in either regard.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

harry’s looking safe for at least a nod in pop album (assuming his team has learned to not submit to rock again), considering how weak the field currently is

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Like last time, Harry Styles will get 0 nominations.

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

It is very early in the eligibility period to assume that this will be a weak year for pop, especially if they move back the release deadline then the eligibility period will be 13 months this year. I am expecting some big releases personally.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Next year will be huge for pop music including comebacks of Adele, Bruno, Rihanna, The Weeknd with a new album etc, even tho Rihanna and The Weeknd’s albums don’t compete in pop vocal they got noms in pop solo category. Next year there will be so many pop releases, I see Harry Styles getting 0 noms.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.