Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
DYNASTY
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Say one live version nominated in SOTY.

I already said it wasn’t eligible for SOTY, clown. It was eligible for ROTY.

Just from last year’s submissions alone, “Havana (Live)” and “New Rules (Live)” were submitted for ROTY, hence eligible:
    https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2019-grammy-predictions-part-10-newcat-submissions-edition/

Profile picture
    haimclub
    Topics:

I already said it wasn’t eligible for SOTY, clown. It was eligible for ROTY. Just from last year’s submissions alone, “Havana (Live)” and “New Rules (Live)” were submitted for ROTY, hence eligible: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2019-grammy-predictions-part-10-newcat-submissions-edition/

Happy, the biggest hit of 2014, was submitted with the live version and wasn’t nominated for ROTY. It seems to be a committee rule, never a live version has been nominated. It’s not as if Adele had been removed, and as it was said she had won it all a year earlier. Using this to say that the committee may remove it in the future is ridiculous.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Happy, the biggest hit of 2014, was submitted with the live version and wasn’t nominated for ROTY. It seems to be a committee rule, never a live version has been nominated. It’s not as if Adele had been removed, and as it was said she had won it all a year earlier. Using this to say that the committee may remove it in the future is ridiculous.

They never pick live versions, but they are eligible despite your claim to the contrary.

So yes, Adele was eligible in ROTY with “Set Fire to the Rain” (live) and in ROTY/SOTY with “Skyfall,” and was passed over both times. My point stands

Profile picture
    haimclub
    Topics:

They never pick live versions, but they are eligible despite your claim to the contrary. So yes, Adele was eligible in ROTY with “Set Fire to the Rain” (live) and in ROTY/SOTY with “Skyfall,” and was passed over both times. My point stands

If every live version is deleted in ROTY it isn’t as if Adele had been exclusively excluded.

It has been pointed out that Skyfall wasn’t submitted  to pop solo and general field. @sharon1 (industry voter) > pop forum. That is all.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

It has been pointed out that Skyfall wasn’t submitted to pop solo and general field. @sharon1 (industry voter) > pop forum. That is all.

The link I posted said the person got them from GoldDerby. The Sharon person you’re quoting says on the very same page you linked that they misremembered certain information, and that was also a year after “Skyfall” was entered, so just drop it, dude – you’re wrong and massively annoying and completely missing the point.

Profile picture
    haimclub
    Topics:

The link I posted said the person got them from GoldDerby. The Sharon person you’re quoting says on the very same page you linked that they misremembered certain information, and that was also a year after “Skyfall” was entered, so just drop it, you’re wrong.

“I want to provide the most accurate submissions as possible without missing a key thing (like how Adele skipped on submitting “Skyfall” into the general and pop fields).”

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“I want to provide the most accurate submissions as possible without missing a key thing (like how Adele skipped on submitting “Skyfall” into the general and pop fields).”

She remembered wrong. It was not entered in the pop field. It was in general.

As was established by that Awardswatch link with information culled from this very website.

Paul Grein, who has access to the submission lists every single year, also listed “Skyfall” as a Record and Song of the Year contender. Note that he was aware of which songs were entered where, as he points out “Thrift Shop” was Macklemore’s ROTY entry while “Same Love” was his Song entry.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bp/grammy-predictions-big-four-categories-211058029.html

So quit being a stubborn asshole now, thanks

Halsey’s releasing her new single Graveyard on Friday the 13th. We’ll see if it gets at least some traction.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Halsey’s releasing her new single Graveyard on Friday the 13th. We’ll see if it gets at least some traction.

halsey this year with the exception of without me has been a non-factor, which is sad cuz I thought nightmare was at least an enjoyable track.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

this period will for sure be 100% way better and more interesting than the one that has ended.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

An insider has reported to People Magazine stating that Adele is “definitely getting ready mentally and physically to promote new music” and “seems it will happen later this year”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/people.com/music/adele-life-after-divorce-new-music-plans/amp/

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

An insider has reported to People Magazine stating that Adele is “definitely getting ready mentally and physically to promote new music” and “seems it will happen later this year”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/people.com/music/adele-life-after-divorce-new-music-plans/amp/

Yaaas! our faves are doomed! and I’m living for it

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Gagamon.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Gagamon.
    Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

do we really think Adele could sweep again with this new album? Of course, we’d have to hear it but like….

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

do we really think Adele could sweep again with this new album? Of course, we’d have to hear it but like….

Pop field 100%
    GF we have to wait to see

Profile picture
    cheyenne lee
    Topics:

I swear if she releases a single in December and blocks Mariah from the #1 spot on the Hot 100, I’ll riot!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions’ is closed to new replies.