Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 549 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS ⚡️
How U Doin'
Just for fun
  • Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Lol who would’ve thought Joji and Doja Cat would trend in the same day.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I knew Doja Cat was a serious BNA contender even before Say So landed within the Top 20. I’m glad she has cemented herself as The strong frontrunner nominee. She’s a really talented artist that is deserving of all of her achievements. I’m curious if Hot Pink will follow the trend. So far it’s within the Top 10 of the Billboard 200.

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Nominate when it was basically pop tracks/albums that won. The Fame Monster is nowhere near a dance album. I haven’t heard Chromatica yet.

TFM won in BPVA. The Fame won Dance/Electronic Album.
    And yes, one of the songs that leaked feels much more dance than pop. If the album follows the same vibe, I wouldn’t be surprised if she submits it there. But would it be replaced to Pop?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Soltseven.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Soltseven.
    Profile picture
    JJS5056
    Topics:

People seriously need to take a step back and realize we are talking about human beings who are talented musically and have made a profession out of it. The way people look to these musicians for everything from political guidance to medical advice is scary and sad.

These awards should go to the best music of the year, not the person who fits the mold for what society considers to be righteous at the moment. Who freaking cares if Doja Cat said maggot with an ‘f’ a million times? Did I love when people called me that for nearly a decade in school before I came out? No. Do I care if someone screams that word while beating up on someone they genuinely dislike solely because of them being one? Yes.

Everyone realizes that Eminem is a multi-winning Grammy artist despite entire tracks dedicated to violence against gay people, right? And, that if we ‘canceled’ every rapper (and, if we go back ~10 years, this would apply to every category) who has used the word in the same context as Doja, we’d have no options, right? Dismantling the concept of free speech through Rap of all categories is just.. yea.

Again, if we judged each member on here based on the alleged actions of people they have had to collaborate with professionally during their careers, we’d all be ‘canceled.’ Roman Polanski continues to receive awards, accolades, standing ovations, etc., despite PLEADING GUILTY to unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13 YEAR OLD GIRL. If you enjoy a film, actor, actress, entertainer, or celebrity that has supported or benefitted from Roman Polanski living as a free man, then please take several seats.

I love “Say So,” think Doja Cat brings a fresh take on the pop-rap blend that Nicki Minaj pushed into the mainstream, and would be happy to see it acknowledged with nominations/wins. Worry about yourself and the people you surround yourself with before thinking you have any moral superiority for thinking someone’s right to earn a living should be taken away for using free speech even if you disagree with it (and to even categorize what she said that way makes much more of a deal out of it than it deserves anyway). Otherwise, don’t vote for artists that hurt your feelings for awards like the AMAs.

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Get real!  Doja Cat is NOT a serious contender for the win in Best New Artist.  They’ll go with an Esperanza Spalding-type before her.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Get real! Doja Cat is NOT a serious contender for the win in Best New Artist. They’ll go with an Esperanza Spalding-type before her.

Agreed. Some people need to remember that this is a Grammy forum. The Grammys are super conservative with their choices. If you think the Recording Academy is going to award an artist who pimps out her body for a #1 hit and who knowingly chooses to work with a producer who has been accused of rape in the post-“Me Too” and Grammys scandal eras… then that’s a prediction you have to be comfortable getting wrong.
    I’m not personally judging, but that’s how the Grammys are.

The Grammys have snubbed artists for far less in the past.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Get real! Doja Cat is NOT a serious contender for the win in Best New Artist. They’ll go with an Esperanza Spalding-type before her.

absolutely delusional, would love to know who you think actually will be nominated so far since you’ve shut down absolutely everyone to be suggested…

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Agreed. Some people need to remember that this is a Grammy forum. The Grammys are super conservative with their choices. If you think the Recording Academy is going to award an artist who pimps out her body for a #1 hit and who knowingly chooses to work with a producer who has been accused of rape in the post-“Me Too” and Grammys scandal eras… then that’s a prediction you have to be comfortable getting wrong. I’m not personally judging, but that’s how the Grammys are. The Grammys have snubbed artists for far less in the past.

Exactly. She’s not winning shit

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

People can feel whatever they feel. But you also need to bring forth some alternatives. I can definitely see Saggy Tits Mixed Girl losing BNA. In fact, it’s easier for me to see her losing than winning. But right now, she’s the front-runner. I’m personally indifferent to Doja winning BNA. She wouldn’t be one of the weaker winners. She has talent. She has bops. However, she has started to become annoying. And while there’s talent there, she’s hardly bringing anything new to the table outside of being able to imitate Azealia Banks, Nicky and Kendrick. Definitively placing anyone in front of her right now is a reach. She does seem like the type to get nods but not wins, especially in BNA. But there needs to be some other viable options if you’re gonna flat out say she won’t win. Just being dismissive and bitchily saying she won’t win hints towards bias.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’m predicting a Doja Cat nomination but loss in BNA until the envelope is open.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Yeah, same. If not anything else, BNA is their most traditional category in terms of winners. Doja Cat is not a traditional type of winner and I don’t get where this huge frontrunner talk is coming from. I doubt she wins anything.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Yeah, same. If not anything else, BNA is their most traditional category in terms of winners. Doja Cat is not a traditional type of winner and I don’t get where this huge frontrunner talk is coming from. I doubt she wins anything.

I still say Megan Thee Stallion and Doja Cat will both make it in and siphon votes from each other. It doesn’t help that “Savage” is crossing over to pop radio thanks to the Beyoncé remix.

And “Say So” only made it to #1 because of the Barbs’ desperate need for Nicki to have a #1. Otherwise, it would have peaked at #5. It won’t even have longevity there.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I also saw Lizzo comparisons with Doja. Ummm…..chile.

6ix9ine obviously wants GOOBA to hit #1 because he just made an appeal to his fans on IG to stream the single. Do I think it’ll work? No.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

No matter how you feel about Doja’s chances, her and Lizzo do not line up.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.