Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 611 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
BYEDON2020
Bee
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

What did y’all think about Lana’s comments this morning?

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

I’ve always seen Lana as someone who’s playing a character, and there’s a good amount of irony to her work. There’s no variety in music if every chick presents herself in her music as a Strong Feminist Icon. However, comparing herself to Beyoncé and Nicki, claiming that they haven’t realized criticism for their music and image, is where she missed the boat. A lot women beyond herself have been criticized and continue to be criticized. In fact, that’s still the way it is in the music industry: a woman is always going to be doing something that a certain group of people take offense to, and a female artist is always going to be pitted against other female artists. She’s hardly the only one. While outside of the backlash she received for her SNL debut the media has taken it fairly easy on her. While one of the only reasons she was able to become mainstream and stay relatively mainstream is her white-ness and her willingness to continuously play up her sex appeal. Otherwise, that type of music would never gain a substantial following from pop-tarts. She’s kinda been lucky. I also feel like her comments were rather arrogant. But okay Lana. Anyways…

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Lana has no eligible music and is not releasing anything during this period so her comments have nothing to do with Grammys

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Lana has no eligible music and is not releasing anything during this period so her comments have nothing to do with Grammys

Half of the comments in here aren’t about the Grammys

We were discussing 6x9nine or whatever his name is last week when we all know they wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. Chart battles aren’t specifically about Grammys either

As for Lana’s comments.. lemme not. Whatever criticism homegirl received during her career, I can assure you Beyoncé and Nicki had it 10 times worse

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Even compared to a decent amount of the pop white girls, Lana has had it relatively easy. The widespread criticism that a Britney or Madonna had to endure- she don’t know nothing about that. She’s also been able to quickly transition from a novelty act to an acclaimed, respected artist without being blacklisted or having tons of publications come for her neck unlike, say, Fiona Apple. She hasn’t dealt with a Grimes or MIA type backlash. She’s been able to get away with whisper singing behind a pretty orchestra and doing Fem Cat Power for years with very few coming at her. I just think she’s mad that she isn’t viewed as a “feminist” artist.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Half of the comments in here aren’t about the Grammys We were discussing 6x9nine or whatever his name is last week when we all know they wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole. Chart battles aren’t specifically about Grammys either As for Lana’s comments.. lemme not. Whatever criticism homegirl received during her career, I can assure you Beyoncé and Nicki had it 10 times worse

As delusional as it is, he atleast had eligible material and charts do play role. But I won’t argue, I’ll just skip over it.

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

What did y’all think about Lana’s comments this morning?

Eh. It took me a couple reads to understand. She basically is asking why she got criticized for her version of feminism while others got praised. I’ve been a fan since Born to Die, and she received a lot of flack from the media but her fans ignored it. She never had it hard but never had it easy since she was portraying ideals that weren’t “in”. Still kinda dumb for her to complain about it on social media.

Profile picture
    a
    Topics:

do we thank frank ocean dropping a new album could find himself in aoty conversation?

Profile picture
    Skies
    Topics:

do we thank frank ocean dropping a new album could find himself in aoty conversation?

He didn’t submit Blonde for contention in 2016, I don’t imagine that would change this time.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

He openly dissed them in 2016 for their treatment of black artists and doesn’t even submit his music anymore

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Taylor Swift writes about her 50,000 relationships

U r acting like others don’t.

Ariana’s last two album was full of songs about her 50000 exes.  Miley writes too.

I don’t get the point why everyone hates taylor so much,  just because she writes about her life….

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Wah wah wah. Cry me a river. No one gives a sh*t. Those comments were self serving and posted just to stir up controversy. And of course she had to use Black Female artists to make those points… Were people really criticizing her lyrics? I thought it was her lack of stage presence, horrible vocals, pretentiousness, and style over substance. Look, being a female musician sucks. People undervalue their importance. But homegirl has never been persecuted to the extent where she was blackballed or hated. For example, Taylor Swift writes about her 50,000 relationships and is despised WAY more than Lana.

I keep seeing “black artists”, but if you guys read her post you would’ve seen that she actually put Ariana and Camila in the same sentence with Beyoncé and Doja Cat. Any insinuation that she was being racist or racially insensitive is ridiculous.

Her point was not to dismiss those women. If it was, why would she include Ariana (someone she collaborated with recently)?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 611 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.