Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 612 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Boz
ELIAS
Bee
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

It might be in the running, but it’s definitely not the frontrunner.

Beyonce won with Homecoming. They clearly like Taylor more than Beyonce so, as well as it’s a memorable authentic Netflix special.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Beyonce won with Homecoming. They clearly like Taylor more than Beyonce so, as well as it’s a memorable authentic Netflix special.

Homecoming was a cultural event. Miss Americana barely made any noise outside of that scene of Taylor being disappointed of underperforming with Grammy noms. The reviews are also pretty tame compared to Homecoming’s raves.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Homecoming was a cultural event. Miss Americana barely made any noise outside of that scene of Taylor being disappointed of underperforming with Grammy noms. The reviews are also pretty tame compared to Homecoming’s raves.

I agree as well that Homecoming was an actual Live Album. I just feel like Taylor would be like its Rocketman toward Beyoncé’s Bohemian Rhapsody, for those that follow the Grammy race. Also Netflix definitely can push the documentary since we are in quarantine.

albums: græ, how i’m feeling now, future nostalgia, starmaker, sawayama, the slow rush, after hours, suddenly, fetch the bolt cutters, 2017-2019, the new abnormal, circles, heavenly to a tortured mind

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

With Rain on Me, there has been SO many dance track this year: Say So, Blinding Lights, Dont Start Now as being the biggest song of the year. 

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Rain On Me is such a good song all around. The meaning of this song is so beautiful and so different than any Pop song out there. It’s getting a lot of critical and commercial acclaim. I don’t think it needs to debut at Number 1 for it to be a lock in any category, especially in Pop/Duo. We saw Stuck on you debut at number 1 and That is expected to drop of the top 10 by next week. I think a Pop/Duo Performance Nomination is certain and we’ll see how it does later on. If it performs very well on the long run, a ROTY nom is possible but who knows.

Profile picture
    Henreee
    Topics:

I respectfully disagree, Grammy prefers Beyonce to Taylor. Unless you have a specific context in mind.

Beyonce (Solo) – 6 Studio albums – 61 nom / 22 wins – won 36% of noms

Taylor – 7 Studio albums – 35 nom / 10 wins – won 35% of noms

Beyonce’s Albums after “I Am…” Have many features among other details if you observe patterns (AOTY winners for the past 11 years except for Daft Punk does not have a single feature). Sexualised albums (Beyonce) are also avoided while 4 underperformed (their label chose to push Adele’s 21 instead) & Lemonade went up against Adele (the only human Grammy prefers to Beyonce from my point of view) with 15 wins / 18 noms, won 83% of noms from 3 albums.

Columbia records know this but having Beyonce (a huge black artist) feature and work with other black artists (no matter how mediocre) helps improve her public image among black music professionals.

These are just stuffs I observed and heard anyway.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Given Rockstar’s increased popularity, Roddy Ricch will probably go with that song for Rap Performance and with The Box for Rap/Sung.

I wonder if High Fashion will be submitted to Pop Duo/Group Performance.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

With Rain on Me, there has been SO many dance track this year: Say So, Blinding Lights, Dont Start Now as being the biggest song of the year.

Don’t Start Now cultural reset methinks

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

They clearly like Taylor more than Beyonce.

They do not

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now cultural reset methinks

Artists work on projects for months and keep them on hold for longer. Its a coincidence, probably because they all share the same songwriters.
    Don’t Start Now isn’t the reason, it’s one song.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

I agree as well that Homecoming was an actual Live Album. I just feel like Taylor would be like its Rocketman toward Beyoncé’s Bohemian Rhapsody, for those that follow the Grammy race. Also Netflix definitely can push the documentary since we are in quarantine.

Gurl! Miss Americana is nowhere comparable to the cultural reset that is HOMECOMING!

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Artists work on projects for months and keep them on hold for longer. Its a coincidence, probably because they all share the same songwriters.
    Don’t Start Now isn’t the reason, it’s one song.

I wasn’t being serious lol.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Record of the Year
    1. Shameika
    Amy Aileen Wood & Fiona Apple, producers; Tchad Blake, John Would & Amy Aileen Wood, mixing engineers; Bob Ludwig, mastering engineer; Fiona Apple, artist.

2. The Blinding
    G. Ry, AraabMUZIK, Hit-Boy & Swizz Beatz, producers; Young Guru, mixing engineers; Tony Dawsey, mastering engineer; Jay Electronica & JAY-Z featuring Travis Scott, artists.

3. Slide
    Thurdi, Mario Luciano & Cardo, producers; Miki Tsutsumi & Dee Brown, mixing engineers; Dave Kutch, mastering engineer; H.E.R feat. YG.

4. Don’t Start Now
    Ian Kirkpatrick, producer; Josh Gudwin & Elijah Merritt-Hitch, mixing engineers; Chris
    Gehringer, mastering engineer; Dua Lipa, artist.

5. The Box
    Dat Boi Squeeze & 30 Roc, producers; Mixed by Ali & Ya Boy N.O.I.S, mixing engineers; Nicolas de Porcel, mastering engineer; Roddy Ricch, artist.

6. Adore You
    Kid Harpoon & Tyler Johnson, producers; Mark Stent, mixing engineer; Randy Merrill, mastering engineer; Harry Styles, artist.

7. Breathe Deeper
    Kevin Parker, producer; Steve Fallone & Greg Calbi, mastering engineers; Tame Impala, artist.

8. Blinding Lights
    Oscar Holter, Max Martin & The Weeknd, producers; Șerban Ghenea, mixing engineer; Kevin Peterson & Dave Kutch, mastering engineers; The Weeknd, artist.

Song of the Year
    1. Adore You
    Tyler Johnson, Amy Allen, Kid Harpoon & Harry Styles, songwriters. (Harry Styles)

2. Blinding Lights
    The Weeknd, Oscar Holter, Max Martin, Belly & DaHeala, songwriters. (The Weeknd)

3. Circles
    Post Malone, Louis Bell, Frank Dukes, Kaan Güneşberk & Billy Walsh, songwriters. (Post Malone)

4. Don’t Start Now
    Emily Warren, Ian Kirkpatrick, Caroline Ailin & Dua Lipa, songwriters. (Dua Lipa)

5. More Hearts Than Mine
    Derrick Southerland, Sam Ellis & Ingrid Andress, songwriters. (Ingrid Andress)

6. Shameika
    Fiona Apple, songwriter. (Fiona Apple)

7. The Box
    Dat Boi Squeeze, 30 Roc & Roddy Ricch, songwriters. (Roddy Ricch)

8. The Blinding
    G. Ry, AraabMUZIK, Hit-Boy, Swizz Beatz, JAY-Z, Jay Electronica & Travis Scott, songwriters. (Jay Electronica & JAY-Z feat. Travis Scott)

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The way we dropping Doja with the quickness, chile.

Profile picture
    Karen
    Topics:

Grammys liked Taylor more than Beyonce for a few years but in terms of overall careers they like Beyonce more.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 612 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.